Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Found some more...
    #1459082 - 04/15/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mkay, so here?s some more mushrooms I found today. I?m not having much luck with the Psilocybes. I?ve actually never found a wood-loving active mushroom. Perhaps I?m looking in the wrong spots (u should be able to tell from the pics)? Anyone?  :tongue:

Anyhoo, here?s some more I found today if anyone is interested... (ID?s welcome)

Bloody Camera! Now why would it auto-focus on the background in this picture!?

When I glimpsed these I guessed I may have found some sort of wood loving Psilocybe, but closer inspection dashed my hopes. Oh well, nice little things anyway. They had a very strong yet pleasant mushroomy smell.

This one looks a bit like a Galerina, which can be quite poisonous. Anyone know?

Now why the @#$% has my stupid camera auto-focused on the bloody leaf in the bottom right hand corner, not the mushrooms in the middle of the damn view-finder!!?? I hate automatic cameras!

Last one. All pretty boring, I guess, but thought somebody may want a quick squiz at what?s sprouting up down under these days. :wink:

Hopefully I?ll have some wood-loving Psilocybes to show off after next rains. Anyone got any tips for me? :confused:

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/15/03 12:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepete_gasparino
Re: Found some more... [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #1459142 - 04/15/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Wombat...

Yeah I'm having very little luck with the psilocybes either. It rained yesterday and I went for a hunt (as per my post Identification) and I managed to find one mushroom growing out of dung that stained a blackish colour, plus a whole lot of other different strains that were inactive. A few dung loving inactives....I could do with some tips too :P Mesq said I should try pine forests/eucalypt forests after the next cold spell/rain....it's cold now and hopefully we'll get some rain - how long after the rain should I look you think? And will it get cold enough....jimbu was saying sub 10 C temps, I dunno if it gets that cold here (south coast NSW).
Cheers
pete

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1459145 - 04/15/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sweet pics :smile:

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Found some more... [Re: pete_gasparino]
    #1459166 - 04/15/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

pete_gasparino,

I really don't know about remperatures for wood-loving Psilocybes - I had actually just assumed that they grew in the same season as dung-lovers, when it's hot and humid - but that's wrong! After doing a bit of research (just now) it's not surprising that I'm not finding any!

So I now know wood-lovers actually require it to be cold, but how cold? Hopefully not below 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Far. for the yanks) as somone suggested!? I'm not sure if it gets that cold here, even in the middle of winter! Well, maybe it does for an hour or so in the middle of the night in the middle of the winter on a really cold day.

Can anyone let us know for sure about temps for wood-lovers?

It would be great fun to find a rare species such as Psilocybe euclypta or Psilocype australiana.

Okay, so even though I don't know much about wood-lovers, I can definitly help you with the dung lovers! Going the next day after it rains is usually best. If it rains heavily enough, they'll be popping up for the next three or four days.

Check the cow paddocks after substantial rain and you should be in luck. There's still some good dung-loving Psilocybes growing, but you'd better be quick - it's getting too cold fast, they'll only be around for another few weeks.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/15/03 01:23 AM)

Offlinepete_gasparino
    #1459429 - 04/15/03 04:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the help wombat....yeah 10C is pretty cold. It'd probably get like that on a regular basis in the Snowy Mountains, but I doubt anywhere else. OK, next time it rains I'll go for a hunt - how many paddocks you think I should check, how much time should I devote? Usually I go for an hour or so, one or two paddocks and some bushland, not much time....I haven't found much yet, no actives, alot of strange looking inactives though

Thanks
Pete

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1459613 - 04/15/03 06:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You have found quite interesting species but you should tell us at least spore print color to get better ID's. The second one looks like a Hypholoma to me.
I don't know what kind of camera you have but the reason that the leaves are in focus is probably because you came too close. Check if you have a macro option.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Found some more... [Re: zeronio]
    #1459628 - 04/15/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Wombat: I think there is information around that Psilocybe australiana is just a wavy capped variety of Psilocybe subaeruginosa..

Bluemeanie??

Anonymous

#1459757 - 04/15/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract