Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery
Loc: Middle TN Flag
When did you start makeing theories against reality?
    #14584565 - 06/09/11 11:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

How old were you when it donned on you that everything may not be what it seems?
For me I was 16, and I was on adderal and a chronic insomniac. I was a little delirious. I started panicking, thinking that nobody was real, not even me, in a physical sense and the more I hated a human social or personality trait, the more people had it, and the more I liked a trait, the less people had it.
Needless to say, I was kinda....
Of course when I got some sleep I discredited this theory and started smoking weed. That's when I started thinking about "what if we're all one collective conscience and all mater is energy condensed blah blah blah" because it made more sence and I wasn't such an anti-social prick anymore.

When I was six, I was talking to my buddy and I said, "What if your blue is my red or orange? How would you know?" Then his mom looked at me funny. All :awenuhuh:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: When did you start makeing theories against reality? [Re: limestoneman]
    #14584586 - 06/09/11 12:02 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I've always wondered what colors look like to other people. Who knows what orange looks like to you, although, we can both agree it is orange...
Strange how subjective this world really is.

Anyway, after I did mushrooms for the first time, so...about 3 years ago, I realized that I knew absolutely nothing about the world. I don't pretend to know anything now, but it was that moment of "holy shit...what ARE we?!" that sorta shattered my mind. :header:

I know reality is subjective, and if you believe something to be true than it IS true, and real, to you. You can make your own reality, just as I've made mine.

blahhh too much questioning of life on shroomery this morning

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

Edited by Anthony917 (06/09/11 12:03 PM)

OfflineSynthettek
Albert Hoffman'sApprentice
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Your Imagination
    #14584594 - 06/09/11 12:05 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I used to think about that when I was really young as well.  About the colors.  I used to think how do we KNOW that my Red doesn't look like my Blue to anyone else, even though they still call it "Red"  You know what I'm saying.

Also when the Matrix came out I was like 15 or something and that shit REALLY opened my mind up.  I had already been smoking pot by this point but that shit blew my mind.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: When did you start makeing theories against reality? [Re: Synthettek]
    #14584607 - 06/09/11 12:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

When I was about 5 and realized there is no easter bunny nor santa claus

:foreveralone:

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery
Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: When did you start makeing theories against reality? [Re: Synthettek]
    #14584615 - 06/09/11 12:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Synthettek said:
I used to think about that when I was really young as well.  About the colors.  I used to think how do we KNOW that my Red doesn't look like my Blue to anyone else, even though they still call it "Red"  You know what I'm saying.

Also when the Matrix came out I was like 15 or something and that shit REALLY opened my mind up.  I had already been smoking pot by this point but that shit blew my mind.

I didn't even see a deeper meaning to the Matrix when I saw it first, but I was like 9, so yeah. It wasn't until I watched in again after everone told me my theories were a rip off the matrix, that I saw the existentialism in it.

Offlinesporophight
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #14584665 - 06/09/11 12:21 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

limestoneman said:
When I was six, I was talking to my buddy and I said, "What if your blue is my red or orange? How would you know?" Then his mom looked at me funny. All :awenuhuh:

You just blew my mind, man. :awesurprise: LOL

OfflineROFL_my_ WAFFLE

Loc: Florida Flag
    #14584700 - 06/09/11 12:27 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

limestoneman said:
Quote:

Synthettek said:

I didn't even see a deeper meaning to the Matrix when I saw it first, but I was like 9, so yeah. It wasn't until I watched in again after everone told me my theories were a rip off the matrix, that I saw the existentialism in it.

Yeah dude! I fucking watched The Matrix for the first time in ten years while stoned, and it blew my mind completely.

I was like "Oh shit, Neo created the matrix!"

--------------------

OfflineROFL_my_ WAFFLE

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: When did you start makeing theories against reality? [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #14584714 - 06/09/11 12:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

On-topic: I started making theories against reality once I did acid and I thought about how tiny we are.

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: When did you start makeing theories against reality? [Re: ROFL_my_ WAFFLE]
    #14584791 - 06/09/11 12:45 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well for me, it was when I was eight and my dad did a sermon on how when you ask God's forgiveness, he wipes your slate clean and forgets your sins. I asked him how that could be, since God is going to show you your sins when you die according to Revelation.

After I reconciled that Xianity didn't reflect reality, it was when I was sixteen or so and read Nietzsche.

Then it was when I did shrooms and believed that life is entirely subjective.

Now I realize that even though our own perspectives (and especially our hallucinations) are subjective, we all live in an objective world, where most people experience the exact same colors due to light wavelengths creating them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> The Pub