Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
A little confused on a few things about growing....
    #1458210 - 04/14/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm really thinking about growing some mushies, and I've read a couple teks. I am however confused on a couple things though, as one tek seems to be contradicting another. When I am constructing my Friuting chamber, I am planning on using a colored tub, and colored lid, so their is no way to get light to it, and that is a problem, and I am also growing it in a closit, and I can't have the closit light on all the time. I was thinking maybe I could have some XMas lights lined up and down the lid so it would give it some light, is this a good idea, also what temp is good to have in the fruiting chamber? Also, is a pinning chamber completly needed? What would it consist of. One tek just said to leave them in the incubation chamber untill you see pins.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: A little confused on a few things about growing.... [Re: Dank420]
    #1458242 - 04/14/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

use the PF tek.

while the jars are being colonized by the mycelia, they can be kept in the same box they came in.

when the jars are colonized and ready to birth, you will need to make a humidified terrarium to fruit in. this is as simple as purchasing a rubbermade or sterilite plastic bin with a tight-fitting lid and lining the bottom with an inch of wet perlite.

this terrarium can be kept at room temperature, will need to be fanned out 3 times a day, and must recieve a little light.

your mushrooms will need a little light each day. more is better, but a few minutes of sunlight is enough to do the trick. incandescent or fluorescent light will also work. they should get at least a few minutes a day.

make sure you've got a working drying chamber ready to go once you birth your jars. test it out on slices of fruit.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1458255 - 04/14/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

keep reading, but christmas lights have worked for some people-not sure which color you should be using, but my dog would use clear. you dont need a pinning chamber, and someone has most likely asked this question before so use the search for threads whatever tek you think u might wanna use...

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

#1458263 - 04/14/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh I see man, thanks for the help, just let me say one thing. I will be growing in a closit, in which there is no light, and I don't feel like pulling the whole box of mushrooms out, since I don't want to mess any thing up. So would it suffice to attach some xmas lights inside the fruting box which I could switch on for an hour a day or some shit? Thanks for the help man.

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1458297 - 04/14/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ya no prob-its easier than you think it is.  and i do mine sometimes for 24 hours, but 12 is good.  Good Luck!!!:cool:
Jake H 

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

#1458317 - 04/14/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cool man, I'm psyked.  Thanks again!  :cool:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1458359 - 04/14/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have read that too much light can cause the caps on the mushies to open too early...but again this is just something I read not from experience

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: A little confused on a few things about growing.... [Re: ]
    #1458425 - 04/14/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well apparently not really, cause my cousins son's grow up had some monster 25g GT's with a little over 12on/off. but there was no testing for 24/7 light.

--------------------

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

#1458445 - 04/14/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'll probably just flick it on for a few hours when I'm sleeping or what ever, as long as it's not a manditory thing that has to be on at a certain time, and for a certain duration.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck