Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
How would i get rid of humidity in jars?
    #1457813 - 04/14/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My jars have too much humidity and one has started cobweb..i dont want the other to sart either..if there is a way of letting the humidity out then tell me..or if there is a way of getting ri of cobweb..PLEASE tell me..

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePantherina
Alchemist

Loc: Nirvana
Re: How would i get rid of humidity in jars? [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1457827 - 04/14/03 07:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Jars normally sweat a bit and condensation forms on the side of the jar. The cobweb is due to a non sterlie technique when preparing the jars. Try in future using a ramsey seal and making sure your needle is sterilised.

--------------------
The man who lost the plot, so had to improvise

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: How would i get rid of humidity in jars? [Re: Pantherina]
    #1457997 - 04/14/03 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

son of a bitch
I heated my pin up every 2 holes
I geuss thats not enough And i do use ramsey seal

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1458149 - 04/14/03 09:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

weird, but to get rid of condensation, leave it in the open for awhile and the spots will go away in a few days. my sis's best friend has done this with no ill effects of contam. Good Luck!
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Anonymous

#1458215 - 04/14/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

are you talking about cobweb growing inside unbirthed jars, or on birthed cakes?cobweb in your jars is not caused by excessive 'humidity' but by unsterile technique.

the moisture content of the substrate is to be as high as possible without stunting mycelial growth. "humidity" (moisture content) is not your problem. lack of sterile technique is. you either failed to sterilize the substrate properly, or introduced cobweb mold spores into the substrate along the way.

you must properly sterilize your substrate, practice clean inoculation, and provide for exchange of clean air via a filter or ramsey seal. if you screw up any of those three, you will grow not mycelia, but mold and bacteria.

did you use some sort of filter? did you use a layer of dry vermiculite ontop of the substrate in the jar, as outlined in every version of the PF tek? was your needle flame sterilized for enough time, then kept clean during the inoculation process? somewhere, you did something that wasn't clean. the only other possibility, and it is a very, very minor one, is that your spore solution wasn't clean.

if you're talking about cobweb growing on birthed cakes, the situation is a little different. however, again, the problem is not caused by excessive humidity, but unsterile technique. cobweb grows on birthed cakes and casings that do not receive enough fresh air, or recieve air which is heavy with mold spores. to prevent cobweb on birthed cakes, fan well 3 times a day, and try to keep your terrarium in a somewhat-clean location.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation