Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Super-low doses everyday
    #1453782 - 04/12/03 09:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm prescribed to 10mg/day of Lexapro (an SSRI) for anxiety. Mushrooms are 10X better at relieving my anxiety than the pills. What I'm wondering is if it might work to take very low doses of mushrooms every day or every other day to stay in the right mindset. Is it the experience of a trip that puts you in the right place or is it the psylocibin in your brain or both? I don't think anyone knows that for sure, but do you think what I'm proposing might work?

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: Tonearm]
    #1453796 - 04/12/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A super low dose especially everyday would be a waste of shrooms. I doubt you'd feel a mood lift. Shrooms are a blessing not a daily pick-me-up.
I suggest you get in the proper mindset, quit the ssri's and take an 8th. A good shroom trip will help you stay positive for a while.

--------------------

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1453835 - 04/12/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe you would be interested in looking into some amino-acids and hormonal supplements (variety of vitamins plus L-tryptophan, L-tyrosine, DLPA, SAMe and pregnenolone come to mind for mood balancing. if you dig around some you may find things that would work specifically for anxiety). I know people who have had some great results just using supplements and doing away with prescription meds

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1453838 - 04/12/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"shrooms are a blessing"

that's bullshit. Shrooms are shrooms, do what you want with them. The reason daily doses wouldn't be too effective is that you would build tolerance, and then you'd have to keep upping the dose..

You could try it though, go for it.

Offlinepeeko
poop
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: Dogomush]
    #1453845 - 04/12/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well arm and dogomush are both partly right, it would be a waste of shrooms because you build up a tolerance...

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
    #1453878 - 04/12/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I would not recomend you do that :wink: you could probably loosen your grip on reality if you did shrooms everyday.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1454015 - 04/13/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Waste of time and shrooms if you ask me. Perhaps try discussing with your doctor of other anti anxiety medications that wll help you out better then the one you take currently. Even though psilocin can help you relieve your stress and anxiety I would imagine it could just as easily add to your anxeity. If psilocin and psilocybin were clinically proven to relieve anxiety I'm sure it would be availibal through presription as an anti anxiety medication. As far as I know, no hallucenigen is used for treatment of anxiety.

Anyhow, like mentioned by previous posters, you would quickly develope a tolerance to the drug and before you know it, you'd be eating 5 + dried grams a day just to achieve a minor calming feeling that you're seeking.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: djd586]
    #1454044 - 04/13/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If psilocin and psilocybin were clinically proven to relieve anxiety I'm sure it would be availibal through presription as an anti anxiety medication

Nah. Not a hope in hell. Even if they were far, far better than any anti-depressant (which they are) after being demonised for 30 years there is no chance of them being used.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1454047 - 04/13/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Tonearm, do you need to take mushrooms every day? Wouldn't the aftereffects work if you took them once a week?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: Xlea321]
    #1454276 - 04/13/03 04:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I take them almost everyday for that reason.
Shrooms, believe me even tho this sounds absurd, also do the following for me:

1) keep clear skin
2) make my hair 'fold' neater (ie, looks sexier)
3) loosen up my vocal chords, (with the linguil opening also)

so in effect, shrooms make me much more charismatic--
(to the point where I am very 'sexy' or well, attractive to many people).

You need to first get a grip on the reigns of drugs though
(try smoking 1/4 bowls of marijuana/etc);;;

secondly, i dont know if the long term memory will still be as successful,
in my personal circumstance, i think I will pull through fine.

But the thing is, try it. (i do it, and it works for me very well).

The other thing is, if you're extended trip is consistently a learning expirence/'enlightening' sotospeak, after you break (i advise doing so every few weeks) you will have a hell of a lot more depth. (such is the personal case for me)

In that, from that peak, you learn a lot, and from thereon it stays with you,
(the progressive mental affects,)

anyways, I also recomend dosing hard your first day. I mean, really good trip that 'sets' the rest of the days--Im serious, take a good level 4 trip and
use that time to really get a sense of life/understanding etc,

then you're next tripping weeks will be smooth and forever yeilding...

(always, though, take breaks at some point... the difference is good and
in the interim of between is very good for reflection for renewed
growth to say it like a hallmark card.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: unproportionate]
    #1454347 - 04/13/03 06:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you should put them in gel caps. then, just pop one a day. like a vitamin! you wouldn't be trippin...you would just be getting the remedy effect from the small amount.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: felix]
    #1454568 - 04/13/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This is very interesting to me. The anti-anxiety effects of something like an SSRI vs. shrooms are totally different. SSRI can really take anxiety away, but with shrooms you're opened up to a different world where anxiety is a joke. I'd much rather work with that. Alex123, I'm also considering tripping every weekend. That might be about right. I tripped last Saturday (have not taken my SSRI since) and I've felt REALLY great all the way to like a couple days ago. I don't feel shitty now, but a lot of the magic is gone. I really like that magic. I want to live there. The other possibility is to mix tripping at whatever interval with meditation. I have some experience with meditation, but I stopped a little while ago. About the same time I started Lexapro actually.

Also, I really do think shrooms could be clinically proven to relieve anxiety. There are reports of them knocking out people's obsessive compulsive disorder, and OCD, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and panic attacks are all treated with the same medications.

I really believe though, that mushrooms don't work in the same way prescription meds do. With meds, the anxiety is wiped away, but with shrooms your whole outlook changes and you just don't see any need for the anxiety. That kind of outlook has a million other benefits in your life besides the relief of anxiety.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #1455390 - 04/13/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You might be interested in this experience report.

I know this report refers to LSD, but they are pretty similar drugs after all...

I've tried dosing like 0.25g / 0.5g on some regular school days to see what it would be like. There is in fact a coffee-like stimulation, and sometimes a tingly body buzz. Didn't notice any unusual mood-lift though...

But i didn't find it usefull at all. Prefer the good old coffee to get out of the bed.
I don't have any anxiety problems though... Don't know if microdosing with psychedelics will work for this problem.

If you want to try it go for the 0,25g. With 0,5g i noticed a mildly distracting mind-buzz which may not be very good if you're planning on using it on work, with family, etc. YMMV

Offlinesunycheeba416
cheeba times
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: esin]
    #1455447 - 04/13/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i dunno if tripping 24/7 is such a good idea. like someone else mentioned in here.. pull back on life with the green. marijuana works wonders healing.. its so gentle.

--------------------
first you gotta hatch, then you gotta fly.. watcha gonna do when you gotta die. -me dats who

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: sunycheeba416]
    #1455610 - 04/13/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for that link esin. I think it's time to go into experiment mode. Damn, I'd know exactly what to do if psychedelics were more thoroughly researched scientifically.

I'll keep everyone posted. Any and all suggestions, comments, warnings, etc. etc. are appreciated.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:

Anonymous

#1455919 - 04/13/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

they prescribe those sorts of drugs alot more frequenty than they should. some people have chemical imbalances, and maybe drugs can help them... but everyone's down sometimes and has dark times... i personally think that for the most part, anti-depressant medications are a scourge.

that said...

mushrooms do not make you feel good. they make you think differently. if thinking differently is what you need to do to feel better (and i think that for some people who are 'depressed'... this is how it is)... then take the mushrooms, and learn from them.

if you need pills, take the pills. if mushrooms alone can help you, use mushrooms alone. they work a little different though. they're not a daily mood lifter. they're an occasional mind-alterer. if they can help you, they can do it by occasionally showing you something different. if you're really depressed, and you really need those pills... then you might just need the pills.

try to see if you can get off the pills. if you're down... what's making you down? try to work it out with yourself. i think they should be prescribing therapy, not drugs to people. try excersicing, meditation... different stuff...

if you really do need anti-depressant medication though, mushrooms are not a substitute.

if you don't need the meds and they're unnecesarily prescribed... mushrooms might help you help yourself.

daily low-doses are not a good idea in my opinion.

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: ]
    #1456759 - 04/14/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

mushmaster- I'm not depressed at all. I used to get a feeling that's very hard to describe. Like I'm not myself, or I'm not in touch with myself. I call it anxiety. Lexapro helped with that a lot, but mushrooms can really get right to the root of it. Meditation has helped me in the past too, and exercise as well.

What all of those things do for me (in varying degrees), and what I'm really looking for, is a clear mind. I want to be able to SEE. It's hard to describe but maybe you know what I mean.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #1456793 - 04/14/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

IMHO "tripping" everyday isn't the way to get a clear mind. If you need shrooms every day to get a clear mind you have a problem that isn't solved by eating shrooms every day. Eating shrooms once a month to get a clear mind is IMO a good idea, but the clear mind should still last while the shrooms are out of your body. The experience should cause the clear mind, not the psilocybin.

Eating shrooms every day to get a clear mind is like drinking every day to forget problems... or am i wrong? just some of my thoughts that came up :laugh: 

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Super-low doses everyday [Re: Annom]
    #1456847 - 04/14/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Annom, I agree. I'm thinking once a week right now. We'll see how it goes. Every day doesn't really make sense to me for the same reasons you mentioned. Hopefully shrooms will act like a weekly reminder for me.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
    #1457187 - 04/14/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Dude I suggest you dont take shrooms at all for the time being. It says right in the shroomery FAQ that if you have any indications of underlying mental problems that you should not take shrooms. what do you mean by: "I used to get a feeling that's very hard to describe. Like I'm not myself, or I'm not in touch with myself. I call it anxiety." could you describe this a bit more. It doesnt really sound like anxiety.

Edited by slppe (04/14/03 01:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies