Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Pointers on this casing..... (Pics)
    #1456077 - 04/14/03 03:13 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Ok first off, let me say this..... Sorry the pics are shitty...

With that out of the way, take a look at these various pics, and tell me whats up. I know there are a lot of hyphal knots forming, i can see them. I dont know if you guys can pick em out in this pic, but here it is.  (just a small number of the total knots)

Well, i went away for a few days, and when i came back my casing looked like this...

OK notice that MOUNTAIN of mycelium on the left hand side of the picture... What should i do with that? Is it 2 late 2 patch case that?  Here's a closer look, hopefully you can tell the size of the overgrowth...

Also, the knots that are poppin up everywhere, started poppin about 3 days ago... Now more and more are coming, but i was under the impression that from knot to pin was within days, sometimes hours.  I'm just really paranoid about this.... My "friend" didnt pay attention to the temp of the incubator, and fried about 12 jars and another huge casing. Luckly we had the one im showing you stashed away, out of the incubator, trying to induce fruiting. I NEED prints off of this, and it looks to me that im very close to getting them. Basically, i'd just like some input on how i could go better next time, how i can improve this one now, things like that... basically constructive critisism... And finally, sorry if this is all hard to follow, im really high and am having trouble concentrating

:wink:

Your responses are very much appreciated. 

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Pointers on this casing..... (Pics) [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1456203 - 04/14/03 04:24 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

WOW, aliens!

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#1456274 - 04/14/03 05:00 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

i guess i should have said this previously. The tall skinny white things are halves of q-tips to keep the saran wrap from touching anything.

--------------------

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1456487 - 04/14/03 08:21 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

What strain? What is the casing? What is the pH? Where's you fruiting chamber?

My advice for a better grow next time is to give more care to what you are doing.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Pointers on this casing..... (Pics) [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1458613 - 04/14/03 11:30 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Strain is F+, the casing is horse poo spawned with brf cakes, cased with straight verm, (cause i couldn't find coco coir), the ph is fine, don't worry about that, and my fruiting chamber is in an undisclosed location.

Now, the best crop of my buddy's growing career was made from huge pile of horse poo, wetted down with a garden hose, spawned outside on a porch, then left on a screened in porch to colonize for 3 weeks last summer. We got many 40+ gram fruits off of it, and well over 4 dry ounces. Now, i am careful, and pay detailed attention to my efforts, and I get headaches and hold ups. So i am asking for advice on certain things i can do, and on certain things i'm overlooking. Believe me, the process is followed as close to the "teks" as it gets. The over colonization of this casing was out of my hands, as was the death of my other efforts, because of a friend who was too lazy to take a blanket off of a 2 rubbermaid type incubator to check the temps. Now, if you have anything specific to help me out on, let me know.

--------------------

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: Pointers on this casing..... (Pics) [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1458902 - 04/15/03 12:47 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I don't really have anything to add to this thread, but just wanted to remark on ClosetCase's second comment:
Quote:

My advice for a better grow next time is to give more care to what you are doing.

That should be the shroomery motto...definitely a new personal mantra.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#1459462 - 04/15/03 06:50 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Bumpity ump

--------------------

Offlineredbarron57
Stranger

#10334442 - 05/13/09 09:58 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

So the way I understand it is that you spawned your substrate to a bowl and enclosed it with Saran wrap supported by Q tips. What did you do for fresh air exchange while you were gone? My guess is that the CO2 levels built up to high in your absence.

Also when the dude asked where your fruiting chamber was he was not asking about the physical location of your grow. He was asking why don't you have your casing in a fruiting chamber. The best advise I can give you from my limited exp. is to build yourself a SG fruiting chamber out of a sterlite tote. That way if you need to be absent for a day or two your shrooms wont get poisoned by CO2.

And finally there are better substrate teks that you can find on here. I will never use horse poo because It stinks and there are alternatives out there that are completely orderless. Try wheat berries or Wild Bird Seed.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Pointers on this casing..... (Pics) [Re: redbarron57]
    #10334481 - 05/13/09 10:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

redbarron57 said:
So the way I understand it is that you spawned your substrate to a bowl and enclosed it with Saran wrap supported by Q tips. What did you do for fresh air exchange while you were gone? My guess is that the CO2 levels built up to high in your absence.

Also when the dude asked where your fruiting chamber was he was not asking about the physical location of your grow. He was asking why don't you have your casing in a fruiting chamber. The best advise I can give you from my limited exp. is to build yourself a SG fruiting chamber out of a sterlite tote. That way if you need to be absent for a day or two your shrooms wont get poisoned by CO2.

And finally there are better substrate teks that you can find on here. I will never use horse poo because It stinks and there are alternatives out there that are completely orderless. Try wheat berries or Wild Bird Seed.

sounds like you dont know what your talking about. properly aged manure does not stink. Its just like dirt with straw in it, no smell. And its a great substrate, cubensis is after all a straw and dung loving species.

You dont want fresh poo. If you go out to collect poo, look for old dried manure. if you buy it from a vendor, its already been aged.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Pointers on this casing..... (Pics) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10334488 - 05/13/09 10:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever noticed sometimes when you get button mushrooms, closed cup mushrooms etc from the supermarket that sometimes there what looks like dirt on them?? thats the a little bit of substrate, which is manure and straw

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation