Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Your Future?
    #1455940 - 04/14/03 01:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What is your dream future? Don't be too unrealistic about it, but what do you think will really happen with your life by presuing your dream life?

Mine would just have to meet the following criteria:

I could find a sweet girl that is independant who I could fall in love with and eventually marry. We would move to a nice place.......I donno where, but somewhere where the weather is nice and it rains frequently. I would get a good job doing art that can stick with me for the rest of my life. I don't really want too many possesions, just the basics really. I do want children eventually (eventually)- at least one boy but I wouldn't mind a girl. Maybe 2 kids. I could raise my kids well without taking away any of their independance so that they won't be shaped. I live happily ever after.

Doesn't seem to unrealistic now does it?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
Re: Your Future? [Re: Murex]
    #1455993 - 04/14/03 02:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I want to get a job makin like 12 dollars an hour.  I want to save up, buy a van and travel around Canada.  Maybe I will save up some more after that and go somewhere really neat like South America.  After that I will semi settle down in a lil appartment and apprentice in a trade.  I will make 15 or so dollars an hour which increases every further year I advance, and by then I assume I will be well engourged by the money game.  When I have a good amount of money I will morgage a nice house in a market that will appreciate in time.  I will keep myself busy on the weekends with my small grow and renovations.  I will always be keeping my eye open for opportunities to be an entrepreuer etc.  I would like a hippy chick that I can be best friends with to the end of my days.  I want to learn and experience till the end of my days.  I never want to become on of "those" people that you see in the supermarket that hate there lives.  I never want to work to live to work.  I never want to live in the same town for more than 10 years.  I never want to live in the same house for more than 5 years.  I never want to be in debt for something like a nice car or a nice house.  I will only go in debt for something that will make me more money in the end.  I want to remain fit so I can experience life.  I want enough money so that I can be financially free and perhaps even semi retire(still partake in realestate, stocks, etc) by like 35 or something.  I Gotsa be free :smile:

Edited by ShroomNewb (04/14/03 02:24 AM)

OfflineRainZ
Stranger
Loc: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Your Future? [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #1456008 - 04/14/03 02:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Murex, sounds sweet. :smile:

Realistically.....
I am on track to be a corporate slave for  at least a few years now. Eventually i am sure i will break out of this mold, probably around the year 2012.....
Until then i will continue planting the seeds of the psychadelic thinker around me :smile:
Slowly the change will come....

Edited by RainZ (04/14/03 02:30 AM)

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#1458867 - 04/15/03 12:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

In lieu of posting "bigger picture" craziness thoughts that seem to occupy too much of my time on this board, I think I'll stick with something simple.
Like you, Murex, I desire to find a sweet female, with all the baggage that goes along with falling in love.  I love the responsiblity, and have been away from it for too long.  She'll have green eyes, a sweet smile, a loving embrace... And a personality that I am incapable of fathoming until I meet her.  Of course I'll be a rock star (don't scoff, it's in the works!).  When I'm not touring (I could care less about signing a record contract), I'll be in my garden, located outside of a little bungalow by the oceans edge, away from everything...  The salty scent and the sounds of seagulls...  The sand in my toes as I walk to the ice box to pour a drink...  The memory of her in the doorway as I glance over my shoulder, her skirt billowing in the breeze...  Hey, it'll happen.
At the rate I'm going, I don't see this as unfeasable.  All right, all right.  I'll probably be a writer of some kind...  Or just a dithering idiot with an undying grin, working in a cubicle and loving every minute of it (might as well love it).  Hmmm...
  :smile: 

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1459243 - 04/15/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Murex, to tell you the truth, I dont have a dream future. If I did you can bet it would be very similar to your own!!!

One thing Ive learnt so far in my life is that the future, in the long run, ALWAYS (welll for me anyway) turns out totally different to how Ive plannedl. It seems to variate so much, that i've almost given up planning altogether. I mean I have a few fuzzy life goals, but nothing concrete and I never get my heart set on anything anymore!

Seriously, if someone sat me down 5 years ago, and told me exactly what would be happening in my life at the moment, as well as the things I would have done, experienced, and people that Id met, I would have NEVER EVER believed a word they said.

I wonder if anyone else out there has had a similar experience of life?

With Metta,
Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Your Future? [Re: jono]
    #1459274 - 04/15/03 04:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

for me i want a good job nothing fancy probrobly in real estate since the markets not going anywhere. id move to up to canada just like my avatar says and settle down in a wooded area near vancuver. id have one of those kick ass log houses(they are actually cheaper than the normal wood framed house) it would sit up on a hill with a small lake/tank at the bottom so i could fish. id meet a nice, good looking, free willed girl and we'd get married, and maybe have kids i cant say that for sure yet. also i have a list of things id like to see before i die

1 the redwoods in cali
2 the pyramids
3 the leaning tower
4 amsterdam
5 stonehenge
6 and if tourism in space ever gets to a resonable price (couple thousand) id be there in a heartbeat.

well the last part may be a little unrealistic but i still think its all possible. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
    #1460747 - 04/15/03 04:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

in the end, I will be dead ..who knows?

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: Your Future? [Re: Waldarbeiter]
    #1460848 - 04/15/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

1. Do things that I enjoy doing and want to do
2. ???
3. Profit.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Your Future? [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1461749 - 04/15/03 10:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My ideal future would go something like;...*dream sequence*

Work till im 30, save money...or hopefully inheritence to purchase land either in the boonies of BC, or Australia, build an earth home and minor farm and to eventually become self sustaining, and if luck would have it a lovely girl would come aswell. I would like to basically grow, and write. I would also like to think ill become "pure:" or the idealistic image of the best person i can be. LSD....lots of LSD...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Your Future? [Re: PDU]
    #1462069 - 04/15/03 11:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

mud huts... hmmmm.. yes... an inspiring book: Shacks, shelters, and shanties. It's a book all about how to make rudimentary shelter and basic houses out of available material. Really cool stuff in it.

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Your Future? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1464847 - 04/16/03 08:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

For me I want a sort of simple life...a vocation not a job, love I have found and I do want children. I would love to see the world and I would love to settle in Vancouver or Victoria at some point in time. As well continue with my art work (not for resale).:P And I plan to just educate myself as much as possible. Knowledge is power.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology