Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Will this work?
    #1455283 - 04/13/03 08:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If I tip my grow kit upside down and prise the contents out as a block into my propagator, will it still work?

Basically, imagine my kit 'container' is a bucket and the innoculated vermiculite is sand, like making a sandcastle. Please reply, I need to know for next month so I can order one and try this method!

Thanks

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Will this work? [Re: Nirvana]
    #1455291 - 04/13/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Innoculated vermiculite?  Why do you want such a big cake?  It will take forever to colonize, plus how are you going to sterilize it.  After you sterilize it (assuming you can) what if after a month it gets contaminated  :shocked: If you want a big cake cuz you think it will yield more, just learn how to do casings.  Or make more cakes.  Maybe I don't understand what you're doing.

Edited by cheesenoonions (04/13/03 08:40 PM)

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Will this work? [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1455792 - 04/14/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

English communicate in english, please.

It's a grow kit for a reason. What is your reason to deviate from the directions. Flipping and prissing not required. But then again hungry monkeys in a barrell think grow kits are for silly humans ...and will never understand.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Will this work? [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1456358 - 04/14/03 06:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I realise that grow kit's are a rip off, however in my situation I need a quick way of getting hold of the mushrooms to experience my first mushroom 'trip'.

My situation:

I am aware of the effects and everything surrounding mushrooms, the issue of respecting the mushrooms etc. I am not using the mushrooms just to get 'fucked up'. More in order to expand and develop my thoughts and shed a new light on my outlook on life. I have researched mushrooms thoroughly for about 6 months now and all that is left to do is actually try them.

Where I live, a very small town. We have no mushroom dealers (I do not really trust buying mushrooms off of others anyway) and therefore no access to the spiritual tool.

I do not have the time to search out all the items needed for home cultivation and I am quite a poor teenager, I pay alot to support my own family and am left with little to myself. This town has absolutely nothing to offer. We have a Safeways, that's all. No health shops, hardware stores, garden centres etc. Therefore, grow kits seemed like a good option to me. I will try, then if I enjoy and learn from the experience I will progress to Tek methods.

Thanks,
Nirvana

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Will this work? [Re: Nirvana]
    #1456475 - 04/14/03 08:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Still don't understand why you'd want to mess with it. I'd imagine this grow kit has a casing layer on top. If you remove the thing from it's container it's gonna dry out faster, like a cake.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation