Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMaineventrm
Stranger
What to expect from LSD?
    #14547886 - 06/01/11 08:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys! So me and a couple buddies are doing LSD Friday. This is my first time doing anything than smoking bud. I've read up on Acid a lot and figured this would be the best site to get a little info. So I have a few questions.

If you start to trip bad is it easy to just say it's a drug, trip and have fun? Or is it if you trip bad your in for a bad night?

I heard this is one if not the safiest drugs you can do, is that some what true?

Well I most likely see "monsters" and will things be talkin to me?

On a scale to 1-10 how scary is a bad trip and whats likely to be seen, happen on one?

The bad trip thing is the only thing that's kind of not making me want to do it, so you could change my mind :smile: thanks guys!

Be safe :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: Maineventrm]
    #14547912 - 06/01/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Maineventrm said:
If you start to trip bad is it easy to just say it's a drug, trip and have fun? Or is it if you trip bad your in for a bad night?

I heard this is one if not the safiest drugs you can do, is that some what true?

On a scale to 1-10 how scary is a bad trip and whats likely to be seen, happen on one?

Depends on the dose, but as a fresh tripper it could be confusing and messy.

For the body physically, yes. Mentally, absolutely not.

Depends on the dose, set & setting etc. If you're worried about seeing monsters i think the chances increases. I have seen monsters everytime i have tripped on LSD. Never heard things talk to me but sure, you can halucinate audio (often happens when listening to music).

A bad trip can range from 1-10, its impossible to say (as people react different but i have yet to hear of one person not getting scared when the trip turns sketchy). However, some bad trips can be 11 (psychosis, suicide etc.).

Start with a low dose and work your way up. Nothing to be afraid of if you feel comfortable and secure. :thumbup:

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #14547928 - 06/01/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Also, if you feel you're losing controll, DO NOT FIGHT BACK. Accept it and let it "clean" your soul. You can also try to turn it around to something funny or interesting (can also increase the chances of getting an even worse trip).

--------------------

OfflineMaineventrm
Stranger
    #14547953 - 06/01/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Forgot to add but I'm starting out on 1 dose. Just want to get the feel of it.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#14547967 - 06/01/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

1 blotter sounds good, do you know how many ug's it contains? Or we talking liquid?

--------------------

InvisiblePowdered_Toastman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Arrakis
    #14547985 - 06/01/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Maineventrm said:
Hey guys! So me and a couple buddies are doing LSD Friday. This is my first time doing anything than smoking bud. I've read up on Acid a lot and figured this would be the best site to get a little info. So I have a few questions.

The bad trip thing is the only thing that's kind of not making me want to do it, so you could change my mind :smile: thanks guys!

Be safe :smile:

just put the tab on the tongue and let the drug do the rest XD lawl is this really that hard people?

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

You are God and I am You

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: Powdered_Toastman]
    #14548004 - 06/01/11 09:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

maybe the last answer was a little blunt, just keep this in mind, bad trips arent heads or tales, just dont be stupid with acid, think about it, would you rather trip in a pitch black basement, or a sunny grassy feild? as long as you are confident and in a good enviroment, youll be fine

--------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

You are God and I am You

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#14548174 - 06/01/11 09:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Impossible to tell. Some people are more prone to negative experience than others and some people only have bad parts in their trips. Think of a psychedelic trip as a roller coaster, some parts may be scary but others exhilaration.

Quote:

Physiologically, yes. LSD is one of the safest drugs you can take.

Quote:

No never. LSD is a psychedelic (mind manifesting), not a deliriant. It will open your mind to new ideas and experiences - It enhances/alters your perception. It does not create new ones (hallucinations). That's why I dislike LSD being referred to as a "hallucinogen".

Keep in mind, most people often refer to the visual side of psychedelics because it's easy to explain. The truth of the matter (IME) is that less than 0.01% of the psychedelic experience is visual. Psychedelics affect your thoughts and ideas and take you on a trip into your consciousness, if you go into the psychedelic experiences expecting to just "see things" than you'll be in for a shock.

The ironic thing I've found with most psychedelics is that in order to see truly intense (hyperspace tier) OEVs, you need to take a really high dose, by this time however the mental effects will be so intense that you will not care/acknowledge the visuals much at all.

Do be discouraged by this though, LSD is a very visual drug. Just not in a "hallucination" way. You'll enjoy the visuals, guaranteed.

Quote:

Well if 10/10 was the worst fear you can experience in your life - something like a person mugging you at gunpoint then a bad trip is 100/10. There is no human hell that can compare to a truly anxiety ridden trip. "What's likely to be seen?", ha! remember what I said in my last paragraph, fuck what you'll be seeing, its how you'll be feeling and how you'll be thinking that will be the problem. Again, there is no natural fear that can compare to that of a bad psychedelic experience, none. And I've been in some hellish non-psychedelic experiences.

Don't be perturbed by this my friend :smile: Bad trips like this can only happen on very high doses, those of us that think we're ready when we're not.

Just do the following things:
  • Dose low on your first time
  • Don't dose more than once a week
  • Don't smoke weed the first you you take any dose. For instance if you're taking 1 tab for the first time no weed. 2 tabs for the first time, no weed. After you've done it once without weed you can try it again sometime with weed BUT don't smoke weed on your first trip. I say this because weed significantly alters my psychedelic experiences and you should not do combos before being experienced with the drug on its own.
  • Make sure that your mind is clear and free of worry the day you dose. Dose in a place that's comfortable, where you can yell, dance and cry without fear of being "caught" or something to that effect.
  • Unless they're your trusted trip sitter, avoid non-trippers like the plague: they're full of bad vibes.
  • If you start feeling bad, go with the flow, allow those "bad vibes" to flow over your like waves. Take it all in, welcome those bad vibes and you'll realize that they're not so bad after all.

You be fine bro, honestly just have a good set and setting, dose low and you'll have the time of your life. The fact that you're one of those "what will I see?" crowd indicates to me that this experience will truly blow your mind.

Good luck :musicnote: :peace: :heart:

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: Powdered_Toastman]
    #14548206 - 06/01/11 09:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Q. If you start to trip bad is it easy to just say it's a drug, trip and have fun? Or is it if you trip bad your in for a bad night?
A. This depends entirely on your mind and it's reaction to the drug.

Q. I heard this is one if not the safiest drugs you can do, is that some what true?
A. It is definitely one of the safest drugs

Q. Well I most likely see "monsters" and will things be talkin to me?
A. Again, this depends on your mind. I have had inanimate objects talk to me (telepathically). I've seen amazingly beautiful things and terrifyingly awful things. Just because you see "monsters" doesn't mean that seeing those monsters will be a bad experience. It all depends on how you process the information.

Q. On a scale to 1-10 how scary is a bad trip and whats likely to be seen, happen on one?
A. All trips are different. A bad trip could range from a 1, something like having mild discomfort; to a 10, total breakdown, PTSD inducing hell inside your brain. Don't let that possibility scare you off. I've had many level 10 bad trips, and would not take a single instant of those trips back. Besides, it's not going to happen to you because you are going to be prepared.

You came to the right place to ask your questions. Do a search to find out what you can do to change a bad trip for the better. For me, a change of scenery always does the trick. Happy music always helps, plus it sounds amazing.

Get to know more about the drug. Then, armed with your knowledge, you will be sure to have a good time :thumbup:

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

OfflineDiZzyBonne
Stranger

#14548214 - 06/01/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

1) I've had a trip where it went bad for about 30 minutes then it went back to great, and I've had trips where it went bad an hour in and it stayed bad until I sobered up.

2) Physically it's safe.

3) You don't hallucinate, but reality gets distorted. You'll notice colors are more vibrant, the walls are breathing, etc.

3) I've had a bad trip at 10, but that was because I took it with the wrong set and setting.

Honestly, your first time, especially if you just take 1, you'll have a blast. Just make sure the set and setting is perfect and have fun!

Oh, if you're wondering what I mean by set, I mean your mind set. Make sure your life is in a good, stable place. For example, if you just recently broke up, don't take it. If you just lost your job, don't take it. If you're going through a stressful period in your life, don't take it.

By setting I mean where you're going to take the acid. Take it in a comfortable environment, somewhere you're familiar. I recommend your house for your first time, and do it with a friend you trust with your life, make sure he's sober.

Quote:

Dawks said:
Quote:

Well if 10/10 was the worst fear you can experience in your life - something like a person mugging you at gunpoint then a bad trip is 100/10. There is no human hell that can compare to a truly anxiety ridden trip. "What's likely to be seen?", ha! remember what I said in my last paragraph, fuck what you'll be seeing, its how you'll be feeling and how you'll be thinking that will be the problem. Again, there is no natural fear that can compare to that of a bad psychedelic experience, none. And I've been in some hellish non-psychedelic experiences.

I couldn't agree more. I've been robbed at knife point while my friend had a gun to his head, and that wasn't scary at all. My bad trips however, oh man, how they haunt me still. In fact, I had a dream last night that was just like my bad trip. Well, not really a dream, more like a nightmare I guess, although it wasn't too scary.

Edited by DiZzyBonne (06/01/11 09:53 PM)

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: DiZzyBonne]
    #14548299 - 06/01/11 10:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A trip honestly really is all in the mind. I love the feeling of feeling like I'm in another world.

And just like what the other guy said, don't smoke weed the first time you dose. Weed intensifies the ENTIRE trip. I didn't know that and I smoked weed on 2 hits of acid. As soon as I was done smoking I was in a whole other world.

Offlinegopi
Ms
Female

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: occollegeboi] * 1
    #14548387 - 06/01/11 10:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what to expect, hmmm. . .
well, its intense. realize aal u have to stand on is negativity and positivity. choose wisely and calmly.

oh, and give vegetarianism a good thinking.

Edited by gopi (06/01/11 10:24 PM)

OfflineMrPeanutButta
Stranger

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: gopi] * 1
    #14548640 - 06/01/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone has hit the nail on the head.

I highly recommend 2 things:

1. Trip outside if possible. For some reason everytime I stay indoors it greatly increases the chance of my trip turning bad.

2. Just to reiterate; do NOT smoke weed. As tempting as it is I would avoid this. I have had many trips where I smoked weed and went from having a beautiful experience to feeling very uncomfortable. I think it may be because the weed intensifies the body load and your mind can interpret this in a bad way and cause the trip to swing on you.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: Dawks]
    #14548654 - 06/01/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dawks said:
Quote:

Impossible to tell. Some people are more prone to negative experience than others and some people only have bad parts in their trips. Think of a psychedelic trip as a roller coaster, some parts may be scary but others exhilaration.

Quote:

Physiologically, yes. LSD is one of the safest drugs you can take.

Quote:

No never. LSD is a psychedelic (mind manifesting), not a deliriant. It will open your mind to new ideas and experiences - It enhances/alters your perception. It does not create new ones (hallucinations). That's why I dislike LSD being referred to as a "hallucinogen".

Keep in mind, most people often refer to the visual side of psychedelics because it's easy to explain. The truth of the matter (IME) is that less than 0.01% of the psychedelic experience is visual. Psychedelics affect your thoughts and ideas and take you on a trip into your consciousness, if you go into the psychedelic experiences expecting to just "see things" than you'll be in for a shock.

The ironic thing I've found with most psychedelics is that in order to see truly intense (hyperspace tier) OEVs, you need to take a really high dose, by this time however the mental effects will be so intense that you will not care/acknowledge the visuals much at all.

Do be discouraged by this though, LSD is a very visual drug. Just not in a "hallucination" way. You'll enjoy the visuals, guaranteed.

Quote:

Don't be perturbed by this my friend :smile: Bad trips like this can only happen on very high doses, those of us that think we're ready when we're not.

Just do the following things:
  • Dose low on your first time
  • Don't dose more than once a week
  • Don't smoke weed the first you you take any dose. For instance if you're taking 1 tab for the first time no weed. 2 tabs for the first time, no weed. After you've done it once without weed you can try it again sometime with weed BUT don't smoke weed on your first trip. I say this because weed significantly alters my psychedelic experiences and you should not do combos before being experienced with the drug on its own.
  • Make sure that your mind is clear and free of worry the day you dose. Dose in a place that's comfortable, where you can yell, dance and cry without fear of being "caught" or something to that effect.
  • Unless they're your trusted trip sitter, avoid non-trippers like the plague: they're full of bad vibes.
  • If you start feeling bad, go with the flow, allow those "bad vibes" to flow over your like waves. Take it all in, welcome those bad vibes and you'll realize that they're not so bad after all.

You be fine bro, honestly just have a good set and setting, dose low and you'll have the time of your life. The fact that you're one of those "what will I see?" crowd indicates to me that this experience will truly blow your mind.

Good luck :musicnote: :peace: :heart:

Fucking fantastic advice! I really don't have much to add...

Just make sure your SET AND SETTING are good and you'll be fine no matter whether you have a good or "bad" trip.

Honestly, don't worry about the bad trip thing too much. Just be prepared for the fact that you might feel really happy one minute and then really sad and anxious the next... or both at the same time. It's a little bit of heaven and a little bit of hell, and as long as you're cool with that bargain then you should have nothing to worry about.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Fuck You
Male User Gallery

Loc: Prifddinas, Gielinor
Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: occollegeboi]
    #14548678 - 06/01/11 11:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

occollegeboi said:
A trip honestly really is all in the mind. I love the feeling of feeling like I'm in another world.

And just like what the other guy said, don't smoke weed the first time you dose. Weed intensifies the ENTIRE trip. I didn't know that and I smoked weed on 2 hits of acid. As soon as I was done smoking I was in a whole other world.

Once youve done it a few times try whip its when peaking... its like lemon tek for acid

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14548744 - 06/02/11 12:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Depends on the dose, set & setting etc. If you're worried about seeing monsters i think the chances increases. I have seen monsters everytime i have tripped on LSD.

Come again?

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: tokinman21]
    #14549704 - 06/02/11 07:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Depends on the dose, set & setting etc. If you're worried about seeing monsters i think the chances increases. I have seen monsters everytime i have tripped on LSD.

Come again?

You dont think its possible to see monsters in curtains, grass, and shades on LSD? :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: MrPeanutButta]
    #14549721 - 06/02/11 07:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mikey851 said:
For some reason everytime I stay indoors it greatly increases the chance of my trip turning bad.

Truth! This always happens for me too.

--------------------

Re: What to expect from LSD? [Re: Abuse]
    #14549812 - 06/02/11 07:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

another thing, its kinda hard to have a bad trip if on the come up your going to be laughing uncontrollably at everything lawl :header:

--------------------

You are God and I am You

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14551895 - 06/02/11 05:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:

Come again?

You dont think its possible to see monsters in curtains, grass, and shades on LSD? :facepalm:

Oh shut up, you know damn well the OP meant seeing literal monsters running around in 3D space. Which is not happening on your LSD trips, unless youre hitting some pretty crazy doses...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds