Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
DEA Seeks to Ban Hemp Food Sales
    #1449216 - 04/11/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15540

DEA Seeks to Ban Hemp Food Sales

By Craig Cox, Utne.com
April 1, 2003

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will ban the sale of all hemp food products effective April 21, barring a successful court challenge by industry leaders. The March 21 ruling by the DEA is virtually identical to the agency's "Interpretive Rule" issued Oct. 9, 2002, which was blocked by the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals after a challege by the Hemp Industries Association (HIA). HIA spokesman David Bronner said the group, which petitioned the appeals court last week to overturn the agency's ruling, is confident that hemp producers will prevail.

"The DEA's charade of supposedly protecting the public from safe and nutritious hemp food is a finally going to end," Bronner said in a statement. "The court is currently hearing a substantive challenge to the Interpretitive Rule, and in light of the announcement of the "Final Rule," the hemp industry is optimistic that the court will ultimately invalidate the DEA's rule, as one of the prime criteria granting the stay was whether the hemp industry is likely to ultimately prevail on the merits of the case."

The DEA has sought to ban hemp food products because trace amounts of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, are found in hemp seeds. Hemp proponents argue that the miniscule amounts of THC found in hemp seeds are insignificant and non-psychoactive, and that the nutritional value of hemp food products are overlooked by the agency's prohibitionist crusade.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: DEA Seeks to Ban Hemp Food Sales [Re: motaman]
    #1451246 - 04/11/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

NOOOOOOOOOO! I love hemp granola.

Of course I buy it to get high off it though. Uh huh yup that's why I do it. Not because it tastes good and is good for you.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Re: DEA Seeks to Ban Hemp Food Sales [Re: Karen]
    #1454825 - 04/13/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, this is just going to far and my favorite drink is a Jones Juice product called "Dave." It is green tea with hemp extract and honey.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains