Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
will die for, but not talk to
    #1451492 - 04/11/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I am kind of wondering why when it comes to girls, or even just people that i might not know that i am afraid to talk to them, i want to get to know them, be friends or whatever, but im just stubborn or being a wussy, but then for the same person I'd put my life on the line for them and die for them, take a bullet through the heart with out  hesitation, so i would sacrifice myself and die for them but cant even get the guts to talk to them and get to know them

this is my first post :grin:

-SWAY 

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: SWAY]
    #1451533 - 04/12/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Silent bravery  :wink:

Something to be commended!

And welcome to the Shroomery!!!  :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: trendal] * 1
    #1451684 - 04/11/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

get to know her, but don't rush in.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1452205 - 04/12/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know why you would lay your life on the line for someone you don't even know. To me that sounds like a case of infatuation. Get to know the person first before you decide she's worth your risking your life over.

Just curious... how old are you?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: djd586]
    #1452535 - 04/12/03 01:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know why you would lay your life on the line for someone you don't even know. To me that sounds like a case of infatuation.

Some people have a protective personality, I guess. Everyone has to die some time, might as well save someone else's life in the process  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: trendal]
    #1452649 - 04/12/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree. I would probably exchange my life for someone elses, wether I knew them or not. It just seems like the right thing to do.

--------------------

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: trendal]
    #1452754 - 04/12/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i was about to post basically what JssMthrFcknChrst said. i think what SWAY means is, if say you were a 'shy' person or whatever, and you cant seem to find enough courage in yourself to actually 'confront' or speak to another individual for one reason or another, i guess, because maybe you are being held back by the fear of rejection, or possibly the fear of what the other may 'think' about you....if this is the case, then how could you possibly get enough courage and without hesitation jump infront of a gunshot and take the bullet for them? personally, i would probably give my own life so someone else can continue to live on. like JssMthrFcknChrst said.. it just seems like the right thing to do.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: SWAY] * 1
    #1452758 - 04/12/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Find the fear which hinders your approach. Love it.

Be confident, and just say hi. Conversation will follow.

--------------------

OfflineSWAY

Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: Shroomism]
    #1453148 - 04/12/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thx for all your advice and views

But something a little strange also is that all of you are right, i'd say im infatuated in one way or another a little bit atleast, but i do feel the need to save the person regardless, im a strange person.. and it just seems that sometimes the thing that should be harder to do is easier to do rather than the very easy and simple things that you do everyday that i probably struggle with

oh and im not sure if i want to say how old i am, cuz that might lead to everybody labeling me .. and i like the idea of just thoughts being viewed rather than the person or people that are behind them

and shroomism.. you love fear? i guess i'd say i know there has to be a challenge, and it knows that i have to be challenged, but loving fear is like loving the biggest monster there is, your own mind...

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#1453659 - 04/12/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

and it just seems that sometimes the thing that should be harder to do is easier to do rather than the very easy and simple things that you do everyday that i probably struggle with

Welcome to my life man  :smirk:
My attention span is shit for anything "easy" for me to do. Makes it INCREDIBLY hard to get menial and simple tasks done. The harder and more challenging something is, the harder I work at it - hence the easier it is.

Learn to love it man! I have  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1453945 - 04/12/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not saying I wouldn't die for someone I don't know... I'm just saying if I am going to die for someone, I better be dying for someone who is worth dying for. I'm not a selfish person, I need to know that my death wasn't in vain.

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1454112 - 04/13/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hello and welcome!
I am very much alike in that I would sacrifice myself for another, of course easier said though..
Do you often tend to bum out smokes, get people high when you r low on smoke, be generaly un-selfish?
Just wondering.
It is quite a realization in itself that the world doesnt( or at least shouldnt ) run on greed.
Shroomism has a nice service to self- service to others philosophy which is intertesing..

Those who are born with that realization are indeed lucky as they are saved from the harshest pathways of greed, but things change, and well..umm hopefully for the better :crazy:

I am betting the thing with girls and people is ego based and could be cut through, if you can come to terms with your own ego, you will probally find it easier to connect to others on the deceptive ego-reality we live in.
Not that it ever goes away, it is hard to stay un-changed orrr maybe uncorrupted from selfish affections especially from one you love.
Yet you seem to already have a "higher" pathway simply by realizing you would give your life for another.
You can have a balance of your realizations and your ego.
For me this means bieng able to accept I am one of them even while I am still only me.

Edited by shaggy101 (04/13/03 01:44 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1454618 - 04/13/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Man you need to go talk to her to at least learn that she's not as special as you think :wink: - If you hold women in such high regard, they may just walk all over you..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: Strumpling]
    #1454635 - 04/13/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome SWAY.

I don't talk to girls really, I mean I do, but I can't just go up to one and talk to them cuz it's just not the way I am. I did it once and it felt like I wasn't being myself. I guess this doesn't help much, but I'd just like to add that I also wouldn't die for someone I don't even know.......unless maybe they are a little kid. The girl you are infatuated with might be a psycho beotch.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

#1454753 - 04/13/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I need to know that my death wasn't in vain

Isn't death always in vain, it serves no purpose except as an end marker to your time. It is not your death you need to worry about being in vain, but your life. What greater form of 'love' is there than to lay down your life for someone else, be it friend or stranger? If your life is given up for just one other person's, hasn't your life become as valuable as two normal lives?

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: will die for, but not talk to [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1455878 - 04/13/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If I died for a person I loved and who truely loved me it surely wouldn't be in vain... If I died to save many people it wouldn't be in vain. If I died for a cause and my death solidified the cause it wouldn't be in vain.

If I died for a person who I believe I loved and believe who loved me but in the end that person felt bad that I died but my death didn't affect that persons life, it would surely be in vain. If I died for a specific cause and with my death people just decided to look the other way on my cause, it would also surely me in vain.

Death isn't always in vain. Many people's death aren't either in vain or vain. Like you said, it serves no other purpose then marking the end of your time here on Earth. But surely death isn't always vain.

--------------------

OfflineSWAY

#1457844 - 04/14/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

To die knowing you saved another would be an honorable death, if i died knowing i saved somebody.. then i would know that i atleast did something truly meaningful in my life, this could be viewed as being selfish or not worth it but if it was me and i knew i succeeded then i would have the insurance that i actually made a significant difference when i was alive, alot of the things i do i feel are insignificant because i am confused and my mind is always changing depending on place time people and events.. but if i saved somebody's life then that is one thing i know for SURE would be a real accomplishment
If i ever find myself or figure myself out then this may be different, but for now since i am unsure about myself and am a very VERY lost soul.. i would gain a great amount of comfort from knowing that i made a real difference
You could live to be 100 years old and die and would have lived an empty life and did not make any real solid difference from living, but if you lived to be 20 and saved another soul.. well.. i'd rather be the 20 year old, ...so would you want a long and meaningless life or a short and useful life?
One second made entirely of good deeds and learning and helping others is more valuable to me than a century of rotting confusion and fear

--------------------

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

#1460863 - 04/15/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

OTOH, what if the person you save ends up being the next 'Hitler' and kills thousands of people. Maybe thats not such a good thing...

--------------------

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#1461128 - 04/15/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i guess thats a chance some people are willing to take. im not sure that thought would even cross my mind during the split second i decide to endanger my life for another.. good thought though.

OfflineSWAY

#1461143 - 04/15/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

even if it was, first of all id be dead, and on top of that i think very strongly that no matter what we do that evil and good will be balanced, u cant kill all the bad people or kill all the good people, u need them both, the bad people are essential for the good people and the good people are essential for the bad people, people worry about stuff like this too much i think and what they dont realize but i think i see is that no matter what you do evil and good must always be balanced and even thou evil and good are not the same for everyone cuz different people see things differently they are still balanced because somebody will probably allways be killing and somebody helping or maybe not exactly killing and helping but something that still would be the same

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order