Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs
    #1454467 - 04/13/03 11:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.newsok.com/cgi-bin/show_article?ID=1011300&pic=none&TP=getarticle

People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs
2003-04-12
By Brad Pemberton
Correspondent

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Cars come and go at all hours of the day, and an odor like paint thinner sometimes blankets the neighborhood.
Odds are a meth lab is nearby.

The Council of Neighborhoods hosted a meeting Thursday night to discuss how to detect and report such labs.

President Sue DuCharme said the problem is many people don't know what to look for, and often are unsure just how to report a suspected lab.

"When you smell something unusual, your first thought isn't that it's a meth lab," she said

Many people fear they may be wrong and do not want to upset the neighbors, but she said callers may request investigators not come to their house.

"At some point in time, neighbors need to trust their instincts," she said.

Reporting the smell or the unusual activities allows the police to investigate.

"The police aren't just going to go barging in. They will observe the property and the smell first," DuCharme said.

According the council's Web site, Oklahoma is the No. 1 manufacturer of methamphetamine, and cleaning up each lab can cost up to $150,000.

For each pound of drug produced, five to six pounds of toxic waste are left behind, the Web site reports.

Because the chemicals are explosive, hazardous material crews, the fire department, ambulances and even the Red Cross are called when a lab is discovered. The residue can seep into everything in the house, so all items within must be destroyed.

DuCharme said the situation is especially sad if children are involved.

"The kids lose their clothes, their toys, everything. They walk away with nothing -- without a mom, without a dad."

The council works to improve the community by organizing neighborhood associations and neighborhood watch programs, DuCharme said. Using experts from the district attorney's office and area enforcement agencies, the council helps educate neighborhood associations on how to spot suspicious activities.

The council can arrange guest speakers at no charge. For more information, call 672- 7223.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs [Re: motaman]
    #1454888 - 04/13/03 05:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

meth is dirty nasty shit. if cocaine was re-legalized, they wouldn't have to worry about it.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs [Re: ]
    #1458006 - 04/14/03 08:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

meth is dirty nasty shit. if cocaine was re-legalized, they wouldn't have to worry about it. 

Meth binges are nasty, but the one time every now and then under the blue moon that only happens twice a year, I would take meth over cocaine.  Powders in general are nasty shit.  :smile:

Quote:

According the council's Web site, Oklahoma is the No. 1 manufacturer of methamphetamine

I don't think there is a city or police dept. out there that doesn't claim to be the No.1 manufacturer of meth.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Re: People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs [Re: Seuss]
    #1458699 - 04/14/03 11:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I bet the state with the highest percentage of trailers per other houses has the actual highest meth labs.  :grin: 

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Re: People urged to trust nose, report possible meth labs [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1466917 - 04/17/03 12:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I bet the state with the highest percentage of trailers per other houses has the actual highest meth labs.  :grin: 

either way, Oklahoma wins

I fuckin hate Oklahoma. I hate meth. I hate tweakers.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service