Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
growing shrooms while livin with parents
    #1453597 - 04/12/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure there are many peeps here who grow their own shrooms yet live under the same roof as their parents. Do they know about your mushy operations or do u keep it secret? Thing is, I would like to grow my own stuff but i want to avoid the hassle of the folks finding out and giving me hell. i'll be at home for a few more years till i finish university, but i don't wanna wait so long to have my first psychadelic experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: chodamunky]
    #1453604 - 04/12/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One: You don't gotta vullshit, you're not in a university :wink:(jk). Two, If you're caught growing by pigs they will be held just as responsible as you since they live in the same house/own it. Any small siblings could possibly be removed from the house, But other than that it's easy to hide if it's a small Op. No smell to speak of or anything. If you're college age just grow it in a friends house. Also depending on the state you could hunt them, or you could buy some research chems for your first trip.

--------------------

Edited by rommstein2001 (04/12/03 08:42 PM)

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1453609 - 04/12/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea, if your over 18 and you were caught growing pounds out of your basement room while mooching of your parents they would be in just as much trouble as you.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1453612 - 04/12/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

By they I meant your parents, not the pigs.

--------------------

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1453613 - 04/12/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you can't tell them about it don't do it.  If it's something you want to do grab your balls, a stack of cash, and a friend to go get an apartment with.  I'm sure you could find a way to pay for it. :wink:

Personally, I would be pissed if I had a kid that grew shit in my house without my permission.  But only cause they didn't have balls enough to ask and provide a good argument of why they should be doing this.

P.S. I wouldn't want to wait either! Shrooms are BOMB!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also this should go in the general questions forum ...not cultivation.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Edited by ClosetCase (04/12/03 08:45 PM)

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1453639 - 04/12/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Tell them its a Science Project.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1453656 - 04/12/03 09:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One: You don't gotta vullshit, you're not in a university (jk)
Actually yea i am, here in CANADA we have colleges and univerisities. BTW, do i really sound like I'm bullshitting?

Two, If you're caught growing by pigs they will be held just as responsible as you since they live in the same house/own it.
I highly doubt I would get caught by the cops, i would only tell one friend about growing them.

Also depending on the state you could hunt them
sorry, not everyone on this board lives in the USA  :wink: There are some psychadelic shrooms in Ontario but they are not very potent. I would by shrooms if i could find them.

If you can't tell them about it don't do it....Personally, I would be pissed if I had a kid that grew shit in my house without my permission. But only cause they didn't have balls enough to ask and provide a good argument of why they should be doing this.
I actually had a talk with my mom about drugs today, that I want to try psychadelic mushrooms sometime, and that I would grow them.  I haven't asked if I could grow them in my house, but I'm not sure what her answer would be. I think i'll need to educate her a bit about them before "popping the question". She is really cool and open minded but my dad is super ignorant. So either way, even if my mom agrees, we would have to keep it a secret from my dad. Ack I say, ack! 

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1453689 - 04/12/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A science project??? that is 100% retarded! and better be a joke.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1453699 - 04/12/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

when people ask what you are buying your supplies for, i heard that a biology projext worked fine and they went for it.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1453702 - 04/12/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

when people ask what you are buying your supplies for, i heard that a biology projext worked fine and they went for it and you are essentially telling the truth
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: jakeholman]
    #1453767 - 04/12/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If *my* poor mom ever heard anything like that, I'd be an instant orphan (come to think of it, this would happen if she knew even a fraction of things I do, so i guess it is a good thing there are two half-continents and an ocean between us :grin:)
But the way you talk about your mom, it sounds like it may not be totally impossible, or maybe she will be willing to turn a blind eye.  Plus, i am under the impression that there are certain ways to grow that are pretty discrete (some mycobags, and, i think, sclerotia?  Please do correct me if i am wrong, fellow shroomerites).

But whatever the case, I think you should either not say anything or tell the truth.  I think personally i would be more inclined to be totally pissed if someone tried to outright fool me

good luck whatever you decide

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: shad0want]
    #1453772 - 04/12/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No joke.

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1453794 - 04/12/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea, if you are just growing for you/friend just put a fish tank under your bed and keep the light cycle at night so no one in the day would notice it under there. If no one cares that you lock your room then go for it.

Hell, I saw kids get busted in dorm room seaches in college for weed and the cops didn't even throw away fruiting pf teks.

Problem is growing mushrooms becomes an addiction, it's so much fun. You get to the point where sometimes the growing part is more fun then the actual doing part.

Next thing you know your hiding in a closet with a ultrasonic and 15 fruiting trays, stung out begging for that 3rd flush..

do you really want that Johnny.. do you..

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: Raedon]
    #1453803 - 04/12/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

\raises hand\ I do!  :smile:

I'd say get a trunk with a lock. You'd just have to open it up for light and fanning. 

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1453814 - 04/12/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hey man,

if you're Canadian you got no problems with them confiscating your parent's house, and I think that if you're university age you should do it. Right now I'm couch-surfing mostly and half-living at my parent's house. I have some jars incubating in my drawer at their house. This is the second chapter in my growing adventures, so now that I am somewhat skilled I can do it with the utmost stealth. My first grow was done in my apartment which I shared with two other people. They never knew a thing. I was always on the shroomery, and they saw that, and one roommate kept on telling me "Dude, you should just get one of those kits and grow some mushrooms. They're pretty cheap, they used to sell them at the marijuana party headquarters in vancouver. Check it out they're really easy." And then he'd tell me all about how he had a roommate who tried to grow mushrooms and he'd tell me all about how if you let them see any light at one phase in their growth then your whole grow is compromised, and he'd try to impress me with the meager and false knowledge he had about growing mushrooms. funny stuff. Hard just to nod and not show him the terrarrium in my closet.

Anyway.. you would know better than I do whether you should ask your parents if you could do it. Point out how it would keep you away from Hell's Angel's drug dealers and the like .. but I'm sure you've already got a strategy thought out for that so I won't give you advice.

Here's the gameplan for growing stealth mushrooms, cause I think it would be good for you (If you are American then please don't do this cause your laws are fucked and you could screw your parents pretty bad):

The most difficult phase is the sterilization of the jars. You can mix the jar substrate and everything in your room late at night no prob. When you go to sterilize your jars, though, you are going to need to boil a pot for at least an hour, so you gotta know that your parents aren't going to be around for a while. Things you may not expect concerning this phase:

A) Having the heat element on for an hour will make your kitchen really hot
B) Having the heat element on for an hour will make the kitchen really steamy too!

When your parents come home early, you run and grab the pot off the stove into your room where you have an emergency heat pad on the floor to put the pot in just such a situation. Your parents come in and say "why is it so damn hot and steamy what have you been cooking?" To avoid this keep windows open and fan running. This way they say "hey it's cold in here" and you are like "yeah I burnt some popcorn and opened the window so the smell goes away." smooooooooth

Now, once you have the jar sterilization out of the way, you can do everything else in your room. If your parents are the type to come into your room unnanounced and when you are out at school, then I reccomend doing all the substrate mixing, innoculation, and casing prep late at night.

Your mushrooms don't need much light, but they do need some light, and this is the only thing that could really alert somebody to the presence of mushies growing. Glow coming from around the edges of your closet door is suspicious. To get around this, yiou are going to have to settle for mushrooms that don't grow straight up. They don't look so pretty, but it will work fine.

What I would do is have a terrarrium that you can easily pick up out of your dark place and move into the light whenever it's late at night and you are doing something like homework. Have a strong light for it, and stick that light right close (don't let it get too hot, that could burn away moisture). What I did when I was growing last time is I would just keep the light on all night and turn it off in the morning. I bet you could get away with 30 mins of light a day.. but to increase that amount of light.. I got a better idea than taking the terrarrium out of hiding. Just keep it in hiding and have a light over top of it in your closet or something, and then whenever your parents come knocking on your door, have a switch you can flick to just turn off the light from wherever you are in the room. Pull the plug or whatever and bam, you got a cloaking device on your mushrooms.

Anyway, yeah, you can do it man. Once you got the sterilization out of the way, then you can do the rest in the privacy of your room...

one more detail.. when you get a big flush, make sure you got a good container for dessicant drying, cause using a fan would be too noisy.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: Dogomush]
    #1453854 - 04/12/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

HAHAHA. This thread instantly caught my eye because I am 18 years old, live with my parents, and I am growing shrooms, or my turtle is, right now. It's a small jar tek operation and the 'rents don't and won't know a thing. The boiling for sterilization was done while the parents were away, and the growing chamber is currently kept behind my twin's bed in the far side of his room, and I'm pretty sure they'll never know. To cover the small plug-in light we got for it we just throw a blanket over it and you can't see the light at all. We're planning on using a fan to dry in his closet but running a fan in his room at the same time so the fan noise won't be suspicious.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: SlapnutRob] * 1
    #1454027 - 04/13/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

grow at your friends house....my friends parents are both in grandparent age, and are immigrants at that...we tell them its a science project and they smile and observe as we mix up jars and build terrariums and shit hahah

only problem is i think my friends bitching out.... after we finish these 12 jars he wants to quit shroom growin

Anonymous

deleted [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1454028 - 04/13/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

deleted

Offlinephotovorix
retard
Loc: US
Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: ]
    #1454150 - 04/13/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

YOu guys must have shitty parents..lol My mom hasnt been in my fish's room more than a minute and a half in the past 3 years, My fish's soon to be incubator sits 4 feet to the right of his door, and one of 4 soon to be terrariums is directly across the room from his door she just thinks its another piece of junk in his messy room. She thinks the salvia extract he's making is really a type of neutriant for our veggies outside... Working for a wildlife rescue, its not odd to have 20-50 syringes with various thinks in them laying around the room so she wont notice his spore syringes..

Maybe I just have a weird situation..

She also never notices when my fish comes home stoned...

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: growing shrooms while livin with parents [Re: photovorix]
    #1454394 - 04/13/03 08:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You have to go stealth. When I started i was with the 'rents, and I used my tv stand, took my vcr and stuff out, put black paper on the glass, and had a spot for a 16"Lx22"Wx12"H rubbermain bin that is completely hidden.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures