Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemandrax360
Woodchipper Deluxe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nelson Mandela House, Peckham Flag
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: GoldenArrow]
    #18571240 - 07/17/13 12:19 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I also use use Dolmio jar , I only drill 1 hole in the jar lid which I in put a piece of 8mm plastic air line tubing though and seal with silicone . I then put the polyfil in the tubing to use as a filter . The plastic tubing holds up in my PC just fine .

You can just there see the tubing in the pic . I also inoculate the spores though the polyfil filter with no problems to date but I'm sure other will tell you that it's not wise to do this but it works well for me .

Edited by mandrax360 (07/17/13 12:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestiopa
Stranger

Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: mandrax360]
    #18750757 - 08/24/13 09:43 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.ptfefiltervents.com/ptfe_discs.html

Would this work as filter discs?

OfflineeLeSDenes
Mycelium Expander
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: stiopa]
    #18911912 - 09/30/13 04:03 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

hey. i think they would work. I bought these from ebay:
PTFE filters
they work just fine!

I used to use cotton balls for jars and tubs. People say that it is not good and bla bla. It always worked for me. There is nothing wrong with it. It just needs to be replaced after some time.

Offlinedvdgangster
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: eLeSDenes]
    #19099804 - 11/07/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

These might be of some use for peeps with tubs:

Set contains 3 strips, each with 9 bright, long-life LEDs
Includes 3 connecting cables, length each approx. (cm): 110
3M adhesive strips and fixing clips included
Size per strip approx. (cm): W0.8 x L25

Not sure if the light is right from them, probably have to check the packaging instore

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-0E52F799-2B320CBB/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=7458

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: dvdgangster]
    #19109449 - 11/09/13 08:19 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys sorry I'm not around much these days. I hope all is well.

Shoot me a pm if you need me to do anything in here :kenthumbup:

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: Base Icks]
    #19109464 - 11/09/13 08:23 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

PS

I've got my old culture fridge with a bunch of old dishes and slants in there. There is all sorts going on in there. A lot of the plates are pretty dried out(keep in mid some are over 2 years old!) If anyone might be interested in anything shoot me a pm and I'll see if I have anything your interested in.

Not promising much but let me know. You might just save them from the bin!

Edited by Base Icks (11/09/13 08:23 AM)

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: Base Icks]
    #19109600 - 11/09/13 09:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Base Icks said:
PS

I've got my old culture fridge with a bunch of old dishes and slants in there. There is all sorts going on in there. A lot of the plates are pretty dried out(keep in mid some are over 2 years old!) If anyone might be interested in anything shoot me a pm and I'll see if I have anything your interested in.

Not promising much but let me know. You might just save them from the bin!

I'm happy to receive :wink::lol:

Let me know any UK kru if you want any cube prints...don't have much more to offer than that :thumbup:

We need the UK scene ACTIVE :cookiemonster:

--------------------

OfflineeLeSDenes
Mycelium Expander
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: dvdgangster]
    #19110852 - 11/09/13 03:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: eLeSDenes]
    #19114484 - 11/10/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

HHmmmm.... 2 15w fluoros kept a decent size martha thriving for a couple of years for me. LED's are the wave of the future for sure though, not just for fungus, won't be long before all grow lights are LED IMO.

:popcorn:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: egodeathflux]
    #19139783 - 11/15/13 06:17 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

People were talking about wood chips earlier in the thread...

I'm starting to think about supplies for a cyanescens bed next season...anyone got any good links for suitable woodchips or is this:
http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/browse_250
good??

I'm a noob with cyanescens :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleBloby
Stranger

Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: Skinty]
    #19141486 - 11/15/13 04:09 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Found a source for synthetic filter discs in the UK! www.orchidspecies.co.uk
I've just ordered some so I'll report back if they come through.

That place also sell autoclavable pots with built in filter discs for £1.40 each, what do you guys think?
www.orchidspecies.co.uk/Orchid-Flask...

OfflineeLeSDenes
Mycelium Expander
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: Bloby]
    #19142446 - 11/15/13 07:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

these ones could even replace jars and it comes with a filter. nice one!

Invisiblemandrax360
Woodchipper Deluxe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nelson Mandela House, Peckham Flag
    #19143980 - 11/16/13 02:28 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Skinty said:
People were talking about wood chips earlier in the thread...

I'm starting to think about supplies for a cyanescens bed next season...anyone got any good links for suitable woodchips or is this:
http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/browse_250
good??

I'm a noob with cyanescens :shrug:

Whose will work just fine , Look for the xxl chip size . When first spawning your grain you can also use aspen bedding and straw . http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11584673/fpart/92/vc/1 its a long thread but some good info

OfflineChilled
Out

Loc: Flag
    #19144159 - 11/16/13 04:21 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Skinty said:We need the UK scene ACTIVE :cookiemonster:

When you think how commonplace cannabis and cannabis growing are in the UK, shrooms' only seem to get a mention by Professor Nutt who can see the HUGE potential of psilocybin to treat depression. I have also read of people taking 'shrooms to treat migraines so I imagine this is not the use thing they are useful.

Guardian's April 2013 Article

I have a serious bromance going on with this man :smirk:

The article mentions that he has been quoted £100k to get the materials he needs to keep it a legal research project (to acquire the psilocybin) which in reality either 'shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT (what many class the synthetic equivalent) would cost pennies and this project has such, such potential.

When you think that serotonin is a very close chemical analogue to DMT and its analogues, I can believe it is routinely ignored.

Serotonin

Psilocybin

4-ACO-DMT

Sorry, I have gone off on a serious tangent here :eek:.

Anyway, go UK!

Edited by Chilled (11/16/13 04:27 AM)

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

Re: UK supplies thread. [Re: Chilled]
    #19144272 - 11/16/13 06:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chilled said:
Quote:

Skinty said:We need the UK scene ACTIVE :cookiemonster:

When you think how commonplace cannabis and cannabis growing are in the UK, shrooms' only seem to get a mention by Professor Nutt who can see the HUGE potential of psilocybin to treat depression. I have also read of people taking 'shrooms to treat migraines so I imagine this is not the use thing they are useful.

Guardian's April 2013 Article

I have a serious bromance going on with this man :smirk:

The article mentions that he has been quoted £100k to get the materials he needs to keep it a legal research project (to acquire the psilocybin) which in reality either 'shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT (what many class the synthetic equivalent) would cost pennies and this project has such, such potential.

When you think that serotonin is a very close chemical analogue to DMT and its analogues, I can believe it is routinely ignored.

Serotonin

Psilocybin

4-ACO-DMT

Sorry, I have gone off on a serious tangent here :eek:.

Anyway, go UK!

Hey! Yes I know all about this research or POTENTIAL research! Prof. Nutt is one epic man - seems to be the only influential figure talking medical sense about substances like psilocybin. As I understand it research trials could actually get the green flag but the amount of money in licensing etc. it would cost to produce the tiny quantities of psilocybin needed for a study (prob what a lot of us grow on a weekly basis and think nothing of it) is prohibitive.

I have first hand knowledge of psilocybin and migraines. I have suffered from chronic migraines (generally 5 days a week) for on and off 8 years...had all the usual drugs...gave them all up cos they were shit...live a super healthy lifestyle (in terms of diet and exercise - but not in terms of substance abuse) which has helped but since I started home growing shrooms and taking on at least a weekly basis I have had NOT ONE SINGLE MIGRAINE IN 6 MONTHS. I am one case and there are multiple variables to consider but I am fairly certain psilocybin has played a MASSIVE role in sorting the migraines out...incredible.

It makes me so angry that proper research can not be carried out on a naturally occurring substance that we have a symbiotic relationship with (or we did...) when the health benefits could be so incredible. and with NO SIDE EFFECTS (apart form amazing insight into the world, stuff looking amazing, laughing yr ass off and generating increidble amounts of empathy and good will) :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

#19144281 - 11/16/13 06:18 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Just to say as well I had read the guardian article (and others on the same topic). I work as a psychotherapist and find it very interesting that psilocybin "switches off" the ruminative part of the mind (which I can very much relate to through personal experience) as ruminative thoughts go hand in hand with depression and are often the main driver in the maintenance of depression. I.e. stop ruminating = no maintenance of depression

--------------------

OfflineChilled
Out

#19144333 - 11/16/13 06:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That was an epic reply, I sometimes feel like you can count the active UK people on this forum on your hand! Yea it is nuts that Nutt (see what I did there :ooo: ) cant do this research. Well I can say for a fact that it works, though it is only on occasion I take 'shrooms and have never suffered a migraine so just the depression part.

I once tried anti-depressants from the doctor and it was an awful drug, I mean I have taking a fair few drugs recreationally now and anti-depressants for me just took the feeling out of life, only stayed on it for a couple of weeks and then thought fuck that, Ill just take some MDMA every now and then.

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

#19144683 - 11/16/13 10:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chilled said:
That was an epic reply, I sometimes feel like you can count the active UK people on this forum on your hand! Yea it is nuts that Nutt (see what I did there :ooo: ) cant do this research. Well I can say for a fact that it works, though it is only on occasion I take 'shrooms and have never suffered a migraine so just the depression part.

I once tried anti-depressants from the doctor and it was an awful drug, I mean I have taking a fair few drugs recreationally now and anti-depressants for me just took the feeling out of life, only stayed on it for a couple of weeks and then thought fuck that, Ill just take some MDMA every now and then.

I could write a stupidly long reply in an "anti-depressants are shit" vein but I won't....

My question to you would be - have you ever been depressed whilst high on shrooms? :lol:

--------------------

OfflineChilled
Out

#19144739 - 11/16/13 10:20 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

My question to you would be - have you ever been depressed whilst high on shrooms? :lol:

FUCK NO! Shrooms are great I am just in the middle of quitting cannabis for good so staying away from psychedelics for the time being (don't read that as "ill be taking less drugs, just no cannabis")

I love the way that psychedelics are non-addictive and the only downside I can note of 'shrooms are I frequently vomit, but is kind of a ayahuasca cleansing type vomit (not that I have don't ayahuasca (yet :smile:), but have broke through smoking DMT).

Liquid gaviscon however solves this problem 95% of the time, so all is good.

Hope often are you taking shrooms? Sounds like an idea since Ive knocked weed on the head.

Edited by Chilled (11/16/13 10:21 AM)

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

#19144766 - 11/16/13 10:28 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chilled said:
Quote:

FUCK NO! Shrooms are great I am just in the middle of quitting cannabis for good so staying away from psychedelics for the time being (don't read that as "ill be taking less drugs, just no cannabis")

I love the way that psychedelics are non-addictive and the only downside I can note of 'shrooms are I frequently vomit, but is kind of a ayahuasca cleansing type vomit (not that I have don't ayahuasca (yet :smile:), but have broke through smoking DMT).

Liquid gaviscon however solves this problem 95% of the time, so all is good.

Hope often are you taking shrooms? Sounds like an idea since Ive knocked weed on the head.

Every weekend and for various reasons. Sometimes it is literally a case of getting some psilocybin in the system to continue the anti-migraine effects. Other times it is to sit at home on my own and take shit loads to get really spiritual by myself. Other times it is with a couple of friends to laugh like lunatics for a few hours. SOmetimes it's....blah blah blah :smile:

^^ That's what I love about shrooms as well - a very versatile drug. I can control what I want it to do by being in control of the dosing and environment.

However my best bud has gone crazy on them in a bit of a worrying way. He raids the stash and 1/2 ounces - ounces will be gone and then I hear he's been wandering the streets getting in trouble. He thinks he has "discovered truths" and is on some spiritual mission. He does not seem to have learned the ultimate lesson that there is no truth so I feel he is following a dangerous path split into "good" and "bad" etc. where what fucking Russell Brand says is gospel :facepalm:

I may need to start being a Nazi and hiding the stash which feels crazy but I do not want him to go crazy and I do not want to be responsible for him going crazy :thumbdown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale