Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Wiring flourescents
    #1451885 - 04/12/03 09:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've got 7 flourescents fixed to a board for starting my veggies and whatnot indoors.

Everything's dandy but now i have to do the wiring part.

Ok, so from each socket (there are 2 sockets per tube) there are 2 different wires coming out, + is red, - is blue (I think).

On each ballast there is 2 red wires coming out of one side. 2 blue, 1 white and 1 black wire coming out of the other side.

I plan on wiring these in paralell. Hence, I will connect all the reds together and connect that to the - part of the wall plug.

What do i do with all the rest of those wires? I think probably wire all the blues together and link that to the + part of the plug.

What about the white and black wires coming out of each ballast? Is one of these the ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Wiring flourescents [Re: no-tone]
    #1452918 - 04/12/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

im not an electrician but ive found good articles on overdriving flouros and wiring ballasts and all that at marine aquarium websites take a look heres a pretty good website might help you out www.reefcentral.com peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden