Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
My turtle got ripped off!
    #1451381 - 04/12/03 01:06 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

A couple months ago my turtle bought a syringe off of e-bay from "Spores R' Us". They had a website... seemed legitimate enough. The turtle received my Gulf Coast syringe, and being his first syringe, I thought it was normal that I could only locate 2 or 3 black specks in the water. Filburt the turtle injected, waited.... waited...... waited.... about a month went by with no growth. He checked the website again, and clicked on a few links, like the privacy policy and the shipping policy. It opened to pages that read "insert your privacy policy here" and "insert your shipping policy here." It was obviously an unfinished site. Filburt e-mailed the vendor, didn't get a response. He then bought a B+ syringe from Lil Shop of Spores and was AMAZED at all the black specks he could see in the water. He injected with that and saw mycelial growth in under a week, and is getting pins right about now in his growing chamber. Has anyone else dealt with either of these vendors before?

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: My turtle got ripped off! [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1451744 - 04/12/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

contact spores r us @ there website and i 'm sure they will take care of you, they have a descent  rep. and i'm sure they wouldn't want to fuck that up. i have heard they are a little slow but i hear they always deliver. but then again i don't know shit !!!! :smirk: 

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sembryoticasshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
    #1451765 - 04/12/03 05:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

U R A NEWBIE.Period.Calm the fuck down and fallow the PF Tek.

InvisibleLanaV
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1452379 - 04/12/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

First off, "black specs" means nothing... or let me say that those black specs are literally thousands of spores clumped together.

You CAN NOT see spores with the naked eye. AFOAF has used syringes that were as clear as water and she got normal flushes.

I understand your fustration but you give no method to how you inoculated you substrate. You don't mention your incubating temperatures, the method that you used or the treatment of the spores before you inoculated.

I don't want to sound like a prick but spores are very under estimated when it comes to their strength. They can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Most of the time its the method that fails, not the spores.

How did you sterilize your needle?
How long did you sterilizer your substrate?
What substrate did you use?
How long did you let your substrate cool before inoculation?
What was your incubating temperature?
How much "spore water" did you use per jar?

These are just a few questions that anyone can ask.

Also, EVERY spore vendor goes through bad batches. Contaminated spores, some kind of postal service mishap, spore degeneration (thats rare). Point is, look at all of your variables.

I'm glad your B+ is going well. They really thrive on rye grain!

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Re: My turtle got ripped off! [Re: Lana]
    #1452788 - 04/12/03 04:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Embreo, it's nice to know this forum has its share of people who get their kicks off of bashing newbies and telling them they are. I hope you slept better tonight. Lana, I know what the black specks are. It's pretty obvious that the black specks are literally thousands of spores, so doesn't it follow that the syringe that had tons and tons and tons of more visible specks also has more spores? But to answer your questions....

Filburt sterilized the needle in my glove box with a regular lighter, holding it on the needle until it got red hot for at least a second everywhere.

The substrates were boiled in a pot for about two hours, but I've been told I should cut that time in half.

He used a brf/v/water substrate.

The substrates cooled for at least 24 hours before inoculation, so that's not a problem.

The jars were incubated near room temp.

There were 12 jars, and he had a 12 cc I believe, so about 1 cc per jar.

Thanks a lot for the help Lana.

PS... DSD... I did contact Spores R Us through their website.... I got no response. It's not a problem anymore anyway... Lil Shop of Spores hooked me up so I'm going there from now on.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1453119 - 04/12/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dont talk in here, Talk to them directly, there is nothing more agrevating than a punk who shoots his mouth off but does nothing to make a solution to the problem, Im sure the vendor will be reasonable.

Offlinedr4g0n
sleeps withdragons

#1453489 - 04/12/03 09:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

mine came with one big black clump. i shook it up and it worked just fine. you should have shaken it up so you saw nothing.

--------------------
Talk to my Aol Instant messenger robot, screen name YakSpuiT
http://www.canivour.net/~yakspuit/

Offlinekb73
enthusiast
Loc: Abilene, TX
Re: My turtle got ripped off! [Re: dr4g0n]
    #1453742 - 04/12/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

How you shake up a syringe best is to strap it to a vibrator and turn it on. Works really well...

--------------------
WARNING chronicshroom will rip you off! Don't trade with him! I sent him 20 spore syringes and he never sent me anything.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Re: My turtle got ripped off! [Re: kb73]
    #1453856 - 04/13/03 12:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

FocusHawaii, you suffer from the same problems as embryo--read my whole fucking post and you'll find that I did e-mail them directly and got no response. You can still even go to their website and find nothing where the privacy and shipping policies should be, even after I brought it to their attention.

--------------------

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1453978 - 04/13/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

With this post I can already tell you, that embreo is right there are a couple of things that you did that could have caused this mess up.  Your substrate was obviously too dry if you boiled it for two hours.  Dryness will prevent germination and the result will be no growth.  Also it depends on what room temp is, but I highly doubt that it is 83-86F.  Here is problem two, spores need warmth to grow, you did not provide that and therefore I would not go blaming a company for not following a tek to the t.  Before you go bad mouthing a reputable spore trader, you should make sure that you are not to blame. :smirk: 

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1454854 - 04/13/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FocusHawaii, you suffer from the same problems as embryo--read my whole fucking post and you'll find that I did e-mail them directly and got no response. You can still even go to their website and find nothing where the privacy and shipping policies should be, even after I brought it to their attention.

Keep e-mailing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum