Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: Alobar]
    #1454986 - 04/13/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think technology that is unobtrusive and easy to repair with rudimentary tools is pretty sweet. Really high tech stuff that aids you in global communication while living on roots and berries.. don't know if it's possible though. It would be pretty fuckin sweet though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1455065 - 04/13/03 04:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You gotta look at the BIGGER pitcure here. Technology can be used for making weapons and stuff, but it can also be used for sistaining life. Just bekuz it can be used for evil, doesn't mean it is evil. It is a test to see if humanity will survive by us making the right decisions with technology. If we don't make the right decision, then we were too 'evil' of a species, and therefore were never meant to go beyond our solar system (and we wouldn't infect other areas of the galaxy with our ways).

Reality is in the eye of the beholder. Remember Cypher from the Matrix? He wanted to go back and not remember anything because he could 'feel' more in the Matrix. I think that if it feels that real, then it becomes real (understand?).

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineRainZ
Stranger
Loc: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: Murex]
    #1455996 - 04/14/03 12:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thankyou Alobar, that was a great read.
Seems to tie in with everything i've been thinking, perhaps dreaming, of.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1456900 - 04/14/03 11:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, and in the nineties we will have flying cars and vacation on the moon. 

You probably wouldnt have believed in the internet 20 years ago!  :grin:

PEACE 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1456940 - 04/14/03 11:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

True dat.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1457040 - 04/14/03 12:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ha, nope not at all. 20 years ago we had computers and phones. It wouldn't be such a leap to create phones for computers so that computers could communicate with some kind of really fast morse code. Not a stretch at all.

What I wouldn't have believed 20 years ago is that after 20 years of technological advances computers would be such unstable, buggy pieces of shit. That's the problem with hi-tech stuff.. it's absolute crap. Video cameras, computers, DVD players, electric toothbrushes.. it's all garbage with no thought to longevity. Good luck creating a micro robot who swims in your bloodstream that doesn't crash and fuck things up. The last thing I would ever want in my body is consumer-driven technology. There are going to have to be some pretty huge changes in what drives our discoveries. I'll bet in 20 years computers are no less buggy...

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#1457169 - 04/14/03 01:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I believe one of the main aspects of the psychedelic mindset is the need to eliminate the "consumer driven" mode of thinking. For sure, there will be major advances in technology- but in order to accomplish this inevitabilty, there will also have to be "pretty huge changes in what drives our discoveries." It seems a certainty, abiding by the trends in the production of information technology, that we will graduate from consumerism. Providing everyone on earth with a wireless communications device is not as far fetched a goal as one might think.
I know nothing of these "micro robots," and frankly, I would be terrified to think that they are destined to swim around in my bloodstream... Rather, I find the idea of accessing the overmind (the information that encompasses the earth) from an autonomous device implanted in or around the brain appealing. Not to say that this does not couple with apparent risks... Only the greatest things bear consequences...

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1457821 - 04/14/03 05:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I know nothing of these "micro robots," and frankly, I would be terrified to think that they are destined to swim around in my bloodstream... Rather, I find the idea of accessing the overmind (the information that encompasses the earth) from an autonomous device implanted in or around the brain appealing. Not to say that this does not couple with apparent risks... Only the greatest things bear consequences...

The human race could become a Borg species very easily, Nano technology and electronic implants in the brain, along with genetic engineering to help the human body cope with the stresses of implants. The technology is only 50 to 100 years away maybe less, but the human race has only 9 years left. But would this all remove free will and turn us in to slaves or take us into a new state of conciousness.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1457899 - 04/14/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, and in the nineties we will have flying cars and vacation on the moon.

Probably so. If we all aren't dead by then.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1457950 - 04/14/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I find this addiction to technology some of us have to be completely repulsive. The pursuit of this ridiculous man/machine "merging" seems to be based on 2 main things: Laziness, and indulgence.

Our bodies are pieces of art, not constructed collections of silicon and circuitry. The blueprint for the human body, as created by nature, is perfect in theory, as long as WE take the responsibility to provide the body with what it needs to remain at optimal health for as long as possible. Basically, good nutrition, exercise, meditation and creative expression. We need to practise more of this rather than drift away to lands of fantastic indulgence where we can treat our bodies like shit and not have to worry because of some miraculous advances in technology.

In other words, some of us are expecting too much for too little. And in all likelihood, the selfish, indulgent lifestyle of the average westerner is going to bring about its own destruction long before any such technology becomes available to the public.

I think some of us are spending too much time in front of the TV watching Star Trek. It's a great show with excellent moral conflicts, but the characters, the setting and the story are all completely FICTIONAL. Let's not get carried away with the notion that human evolution is meant to merge with technology, because it couldn't be farther from the truth. Our evolution is a spiritual one. An evolution of consciousness. Our consciousness is powered by spirit, not circuitry, and no amount of technological advancements will ever change what nature has already perfected.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1457958 - 04/14/03 06:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

By the way, Murex, great picture of Maynard!

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1458005 - 04/14/03 06:48 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#1458195 - 04/14/03 07:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I realize that I am not the one adressed here, but having at least entertained the thought of evolving into "Homo Cyber," I feel that I should defend my integrity (or something of the sort...) and respond to the television accusation (I realize that it was not a personalized accusation). Believe it or not, I have never seen an episode of Star Trek, and only fleetingly have I seen parts of the movies. Also, I hold little interest for science fiction, televised or published. I no longer keep a television, limiting my exposure to the brain rot...
As for our evolution being a "spiritual one, an elevation of consciousness;" I couldn't agree with this more! And of course any notion that circuitry powers spirit is preposterous; Spirit powers circuitry! These advances in technology are seemingly the will of God, the Universe, call it what you will. Our bodies are pieces of art. The art of God. But being that I view our mind as God, I am compelled to feel, much like the artist, that the work is never done. For sure, sometimes it is better to just leave the piece, accept it as final... But often times inspiration takes hold and the pieces fit (having watched them fall away...?) To think that this incarnation is the end of the road as far as evolution is concerned sickens me... (Well, I guess I'm exaggerating). I see a bright future for humanity- something devastating just might happen, but perhaps it will be for the better. After all, as stated in the speech, after every mass extinction a higher species has evolved... Something to ponder...
Laziness and Indulgence? I am inclined to disagree. Rather, I see it as Intelligence... and what the hell, indulgence too. But unlike the majority of western thinkers, I do not see indulgence as a negative thing in the least.

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: Murex]
    #1458207 - 04/14/03 07:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ha!  I like that, Murex!
edit: the post about "in the 90's"
  :grin:

Edited by Alobar (04/14/03 07:47 PM)

OfflineAmnesiac

#1458558 - 04/14/03 09:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am in no way suggesting that our evolution is complete, or that there should be nothing we can do to evolve. You may have gathered that from my comments, but I guess it's hard to cover everything.

This incarnation is by far the end of our evolution. There is plenty we can do to evolve our consciousness in this lifetime, but the way we go about it is key.

The spirit, body and mind are all of course related, yet at the same time they are separate. What I know is that the body and the mind are temporary. Our astral bodies live on forever, and it is this part which we must work on evolving. Technology may be able to advance our minds or our bodies in some ways, but I see this as only a temporary enhancement which will die along with the body.

I suggest that meditation and spiritual practice are the best ways we can evolve. Our pathetic technology, as great as we think it is becoming here on planet Earth, is lightyears away from being able to actually enhance our long-term spiritual evolution. Technology may be able to help us cure disease, travel at high speeds and fire rockets from our anuses, which can all be fine if it helps you get through your day-to-day life in order to leave more time for natural, spiritual practices such as meditation, yoga, astral projection, vision quests and of course, mushroom experiences! These are the best things for our post-incarnate lives, which our higher self can benefit from.

I think it's very arrogant for we humans to think that we have or even will have the technological ability to influence a part of us which we have yet to discover a fraction of.

I know these things from my own personal OBEs, visions and meditations. Technology is a nice thing to have if you're pressed for time and pre-heating the oven will just take too long. Any technological "shortcuts" to spiritual evolution will end up being a step in the wrong direction. There are no shortcuts to enlightenment, for it is a thought process and state of consciousness which cannot be synthetically or artificially induced through manmade devices. This is why we use mushrooms and other entheogens and not machines to gain insight into life--because they are found in nature and are tools of the divine. There is far too much evil in the minds of men for us to be able to use technology for such purposes. Like I said, technology will destroy itself and many of us along with it, long before we develop any technology which can significantly advance our consciousness.

--------------------

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#1458794 - 04/14/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good work, I'm liking this! 
I suppose I am finding myself swaying towards your way of thinking, it is very attractive...  However, there would be little fun in not taking this discussion to the next level, to wit:

There exists a thought in my mind that I am not able to articulate at the level I would like.  It has to do with language, and exactly how it serves us.  In essence, being that every action has a reaction, everything that once was is, everything that is will be, it seems that the earth/universe is communicating in a language autonomous (but inextricably linked, all the same) to the one that we use.  Where do we play into this scheme?  Well, we are the self proclaimed interpreters of anything and everything; in fact, it can be argued that it is our language that creates the universe, though we must simulataneously realize that the universe operates on it's own terms (due to our thinking of it that way? Oy!)  If we can concieve of the universe, can we bend it to our will?  I'd like to believe so (hey, I'm an egocentric optimist, though one that appreciates my own insignificance...) 

In that sense, it seems necessary to me (call it the primal urge for propogation) that we will branch out in this universe by the means most fitting of accomplishing the feat...  Whether or not this is via rockets and space suits or simply smoking DMT (I guess that's never simple, hmmm?  I wouldn't know...), I am inclined to hope for it to happen.  I AM a lover of the earth, don't get me wrong.  And I appreciate the value of staying in tune with nature.  But I believe that there is a higher nature, an omnipotent nature, that governs this happening (as well as the happening after this one, and the one after that), and calls to us, "Spread the joy!  Spread the appreciation!"  After all, what more is there to it than that?  The universe is not going to suffer without us.  The universe wants us, in whichever incarnation is most suitable, to fathom and praise and feel awe...  The universe is out to humble us, but I figure the more effort we put into it, the more humbled we will become. 
The time is drawing nigh for an end to the reptilian consciousness that governs this planet.  I see a flower in bloom; its glow lights the horizon and its scent is intoxicating.  I cannot wait for the day when I finally arrive at that flower in bloom.  For now, its roots grow deeper...

By the Way; Is there somewhere that I can read up on the "Astral bodies?"  I apologize for my ignorance...  Is this to imply a soul soup, a super-consciousness?  (Being that you said our minds and bodies are temporary (which I agree with))

As for us being "yet to discover a fraction of" our minds-- I think psychedelics (which have been neglected in the western world (of science/thought) for quite a while) are well on the way of paving the way...  Or maybe I'm too optimistic.... Of course, the mind is like the universe; the deeper one digs, the more awe ensues...

Oh (sorry, can't stop)- I am more concerned with information technology, that expands one's awareness and the awareness level of a planet (certainly a good thing) :smile: 

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1459041 - 04/15/03 12:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Like I said, technology will destroy itself and many of us along with it, long before we develop any technology which can significantly advance our consciousness.

I agree.....sorta. I still however think that man will eventually become part machine. Not because it will help evolution, but I just think it will happen.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1459285 - 04/15/03 02:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The reason things crash and have no longevity is because manufacturer want them to break so they can sell you another one or charge for repair or make obsolete with the new model. Remove greed from technological advances and we would be moving alot quicker

PEACE

BTW, Its easy to say you would have believed in the internet..... :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1459289 - 04/15/03 02:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you see nature and technology as somehow being seperate entities?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Are YOU a psychedelic thinker? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1459778 - 04/15/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know I don't. I was always a little behind on the concept of artificiality. Of course I understand, but I always viewed this as a natural process. I'm tired of the idea that Man is "unnatural by nature."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract