Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZpw
The looker
Male

Did I astral project or Lucid dream?
    #14502010 - 05/24/11 01:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so one night I had a dream and in the dream I dont remember what I was doing but I told my self im dreaming, and right away i looked down and shot up in the air and i was looking down on some girl or something and I got scared I think and it stopped, The feeling is very strange being there.  The setting was all blank grey/white foggy kind of and there was a fence like the fences they keep cattle in, in fields and it stretched as long as i looked, I didnt pay much attention to it but it was there. Im just wanting to know if this was a lucid dream or an out of body experience?

--------------------
:peace: Things you can do, some can't be done. :peace:
Z-pw
Not everything I say is true.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKirbz09
Stranger
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: Zpw]
    #14502403 - 05/24/11 02:56 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not too sure but I've had a similar experience. I had a lucid dream where I was standing in the street and looked up into the sky and flew up into it. Can't remember what happened after that. Lucid dreams and astral projections are similar. Here's a couple interesting links:
http://www.crystalinks.com/dreams.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/astralprojection.html

--------------------
"Peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #14502408 - 05/24/11 02:58 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'd say lucid dream.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

OfflineZpw
The looker
Male

Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: The Phleg]
    #14502521 - 05/24/11 03:25 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah personally I thought it was lucidity but I wasn't sure. Ive been reading about astral projection so thats why i questioned.

--------------------
Z-pw

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #14505189 - 05/24/11 05:52 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know too much about astral projection, but from what I've read, it seems to be induced while awake.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: The Phleg]
    #14507049 - 05/24/11 11:38 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like a lucid dream

astral projection is usually preceeded with very heavy/intense vibrations going from feet to the head and then it kinda POPS

--------------------

OfflineOneU
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #14507354 - 05/25/11 12:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Many times they are the same thing. Your Spirit most always leaves your body when you sleep, projecting outside of you. Lucid dreaming will allow you to observe the dream and usually configure it in ways beneficial to an aware aspect of you. Astral projection is your Spirit leaving your body and going to a place you seek or being taken to one by another force. Very similar if not the same.

Now comes the fun part of figuring out how to do it again ;-)

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: OneU]
    #14508324 - 05/25/11 05:22 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

All I can say about astral projection now is - it's fucking scary.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineOneU
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: circastes]
    #14509542 - 05/25/11 02:03 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

How so?

OfflineSKrink
KING MOB
 User Gallery

#14515353 - 05/26/11 03:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OneU said:
Many times they are the same thing. Your Spirit most always leaves your body when you sleep, projecting outside of you. Lucid dreaming will allow you to observe the dream and usually configure it in ways beneficial to an aware aspect of you. Astral projection is your Spirit leaving your body and going to a place you seek or being taken to one by another force. Very similar if not the same.

Now comes the fun part of figuring out how to do it again ;-)

I have been trying to figure that out for years. If you find out how, please let me know!

My lucid dreams always involve flying, and occur a couple of nights a month at minimum. It's the best feeling ever, ever since I was a kid, and over the years I have evolved a pretty neat flying style. I try everything I can to access that state of mind, every night, but it's pretty much a hit-miss type deal.

I know only one other person (a close friend) how describes the exact same experience. It would be awesome if more people with dreams of flying/floating came out and shared their experiences. Maybe a big Flying Dream mega-thread?

Quote:

Zpw said:
Ok so one night I had a dream and in the dream I dont remember what I was doing but I told my self im dreaming, and right away i looked down and shot up in the air and i was looking down on some girl or something and I got scared I think and it stopped, The feeling is very strange being there.  The setting was all blank grey/white foggy kind of and there was a fence like the fences they keep cattle in, in fields and it stretched as long as i looked, I didnt pay much attention to it but it was there. Im just wanting to know if this was a lucid dream or an out of body experience?

Sounds like a lucid dream, next time you realize you are dreaming, try not to panic. It's like that Harry Potter (?) spell-- focus and observe your senses and surroundings, but do it lightly, gently, like if you focus too hard you will wake up.

Sounds totally goofy, but I swear it works with practice.

--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

OfflineZpw
The looker
Male

Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: SKrink]
    #14519384 - 05/27/11 07:44 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Am I the only one who thinks astral projection is fucking insane?  It sounds like having a seizure then dying, to me.  I had a seizure a few nights ago for no reason, while I was pouring juice, and the way you guys describe it sounds just like a seizure.

--------------------
Z-pw

OfflineSKrink
KING MOB
 User Gallery

#14519607 - 05/27/11 09:24 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know, but the thought of it scares me. Guess I was brought up to believe that if you've vacated your body, anything else could take up residence while you're away. But I don't know too much about astral projection.

--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

OfflineZpw
The looker
Male

Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: SKrink]
    #14519686 - 05/27/11 09:49 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I somewhat believe that also, but I have more fear of getting brain damage or dying while im projecting haha, IDK.....I am strange

--------------------
Z-pw

OfflineMycomyth
Demented Avenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: At the crux of the matter...
    #14522836 - 05/27/11 09:12 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zpw said:
Am I the only one who thinks astral projection is fucking insane?  It sounds like having a seizure then dying, to me.  I had a seizure a few nights ago for no reason, while I was pouring juice, and the way you guys describe it sounds just like a seizure.

No. A projection does not involve a seizure.
The vibrations EternalCowabunga is talking about are just that, vibrations, NOT convulsions.
Convulsions are bad, and involve, sometimes violent, movements of the physical body. The OBE vibrations are not manifested in the physical body, other than as a feeling or sensation.

For what it's worth,
M

--------------------
Wave upon wave of demented avengers marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Edited by Mycomyth (05/27/11 09:20 PM)

OfflineAleister
Male

Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: Mycomyth]
    #14549974 - 06/02/11 10:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
All I can say about astral projection now is - it's fucking scary.

Yes!

When I first heard about astral projection, I kept trying to do it for about a year.  Then suddenly it worked, and I panicked like a little schoolgirl!

I've had lucid dreams and dreams of flying, but I think a real astral projection usually starts with strong vibrations.  After that there's strange sensation of having an "astral body" that is very different from the normal feeling of being in a dream.

That being said, I've had some experiences that I don't know if they were projections or just lucid dreams. Maybe there's a gray area in between?

I think maybe the "input" for a dream is your own subconscious, while the "input" for an astral projection is the physical or astral world.  But in either case, they get processed by the same part of your brain, so they seem similar.  Does that make sense?

I'm trying to astral project again, so I'm keeping a blog about it with some links to good articles and my own experiences.

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: Aleister]
    #14552338 - 06/02/11 09:05 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So I had a weird one, sorry if i'm hijacking just thought I'd share a recent experience that goes a long with this.

I was laying in bed after a long nights sleep, I was pretty rested and decided I would close my eyes and just clear my head. Next thing I know I am in space and there is what looks to be a galaxy in front of me. All the sudden the galaxy implodes and then warped into a space ship. I thought to myself, "well that's interesting, I have to check that out."

After saying that it's like I jumped from point A to B, I was in space and then when the thought came to my head I was right in front of the thing. I then thought, "I wonder whats inside" and again jumped from point A to B, except I wasn't inside I was like under the thing but there was a bunch of pods traveling in a row like fashion almost as if they were on a utility belt in a factory.

One pod caught my eye and I moved toward it, except this time I didn't jump from point A to B I actually flew/floated over to the thing. The door to the pod opened and inside were three seats (two toward the front of the pod and one in the back; the one in the back seemed to be like the captains chair) I can also remember the pod was equip with a ton of electrical equipment. One seat in the pod was empty, while the other two had ETs sitting in them (although the ETs were somewhat like they are depicted in our world they had def. differences; they were smaller, with big eyes).

The funny thing was at first I looked over the ETs and focused primarily on the chair like it was open for me and I was supposed to be there, so I did exactly what I thought I should do and sat down in the chair. I then looked around and noticed that both the Ets were looking at me, but I wasn't scared and I just new that they were not there to harm me what so ever. The one in the back (sitting in the captains chair) got up out of his seat and walked over to the side of my chair, he knelt down and looked directly at me, I can remember looking into his eyes, they were amazing, like a dark green/yellowish color but the moment I stared deeply into them they flashed and turned to a bright blue and all the sudden I was overwhelmed with a buzzing in my head (the kind of noise you get when you have headphone in and your listening to binural beats). That made me become very frightened and the thought came into my head that he was trying to take over my mind and then all the sudden I opened my eyes and I was laying in my bed. The funny thing about this is when I woke I could still hear the buzzing in my head (after a couple seconds it drifted away). I tried to get back there but obviously I couldn't, I was ashamed with myself for becoming frightened I knew in my head they weren't there to hurt me but the fear just took me over and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Edited by don_vedo (06/02/11 09:06 PM)

OfflineChaotic sheeple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Sanantonio
    #14968009 - 08/23/11 10:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

It was a lucid dream dude. In astral projection you see yourself come up out of your body!

--------------------
Open the mind to the infinite spectrum of perception

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: Chaotic sheeple]
    #14968030 - 08/23/11 10:53 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chaotic sheeple said:
In astral projection you see yourself come up out of your body!

Not always. From my most recent experience, the two aren't distinctly different. They overlap and intertwine. The best measure of a non-physical experience is your level of awareness.

There is normal dream awareness (Not lucid).  There is lucid awareness where you know you are dreaming, but still play within the dream. You may have memories which are not your waking memories, for example. Astral awareness is where you are completely lucid and aware - and skeptical of your current reality. I took these categories from a poster named Ryan on another forum. They are arbitrary and contain levels within themselves.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14969424 - 08/24/11 05:47 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

personally, I don't think there's much of a difference really.

however, I'm more likely to call it an astral projection when I'm 100% aware of the split occuring... like when you rip outta your body and are floating around the room for awhile.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Did I astral project or Lucid dream? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14969430 - 08/24/11 05:53 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Not always. From my most recent experience, the two aren't distinctly different. They overlap and intertwine. The best measure of a non-physical experience is your level of awareness.

There is normal dream awareness (Not lucid).  There is lucid awareness where you know you are dreaming, but still play within the dream. You may have memories which are not your waking memories, for example. Astral awareness is where you are completely lucid and aware - and skeptical of your current reality. I took these categories from a poster named Ryan on another forum. They are arbitrary and contain levels within themselves.

:werd:

I typed and deleted pretty much that exact same thing like 10 times until I said fuck it and settled with my previous post... I couldn't make it make sense :lol:

then I read this right after, sums it up perfectly... But, I'll still usually call it a lucid dream if I become aware during a dream, instead of laying down and delibratley having the experience, exit and all...

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism