Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Welcome to our new budget resolution
    #1450855 - 04/11/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I swear to god, Im a peaceful person.. but if I had straight line of sight and a guarantee Id never get caught...

!!!!!! Im pretty annoyed right now.

For all of you that havent been following this.. our government did something Ive never seen them do. Im sure they do it but..

Last night at about midnight eastern, they called an emergency vote on ramming the budget resolution through within the day. So until around 3am eastern they voted on this... it was a very close vote and an uncharacteristic amount of republican dissenters, I think the total was 5 -- on a budget resolution.

So they readjourn at 10 am and send this through. Then they push it up to the senate and its official... budget resolution passed on a tie breaking vote from fucking Dick Cheney.
http://reuters.com/financeNewsArticle.jhtml?storyID=2553039&type=bondsNews

I swear to god that our govt has been hijacked. I ask everyone to really look at this budget, regardless of party affiliations. Its really wacked no matter where you stand. Look at the budgets passed during previous wars. Look at the status of our economy, I mean.. we really arent havent that great of gains considering the losses.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20030411_1185.html

Also, bill introduced to stop the two term presidential limit -- watch this fucker closely. Im pretty sure it wont pass but... Its really fucked up that its even there.

Given, in a way this is a good thing because it cut the original proposed budget and a couple o dems did some wrangling to get a cap on it.. but, the possibilities here are:
"They did not pass any tax cut as of yet,
When they come back from the recess, any tax cut above $350 billion would require 60 votes. However, if the Senate passes $350 billion and the House passes $550 billion, they could use the House version as the conference report, which would only need 51 votes in the Senate. As of now, any tax cut above $350 billion does not have 51 votes...

the GOP is still 2 shy. " -- a friend explained it better then I

So we have not lost anything yet.. but its on its way.

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (04/12/03 12:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Welcome to our new budget resolution [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1450861 - 04/11/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I watched the deliberations on c-span before the congress vote.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisibleadrug

Re: Welcome to our new budget resolution [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1451436 - 04/11/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

From the abcnews article:

"This is the best deal that we can get. It will only get worse, and we need a budget," said House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas.

Such blinding optimism..."the best deal..we can get." :tongue: So let's pass this outrageous budget because, well, we've been putting off this budget stuff for awhile, and we really need to come to a final decision, and even though this budget stinks to high heaven, there are no other options, so let's just go with it. Okay? Glad you see it my way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom