Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Shrooms... for me?
    #14507287 - 05/24/11 10:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I took my first mushroom trip today, alone, with two grams.  I explored deeply into the thoughts of my mind.  I always imagined shrooms to be, well, more fun.  The experience was enlightening and everything, but it lacked the whole visual hallucinatory experience I expected it to bring.  I had mild visual patterns on my ceiling and wall and everything.  Is this what tripping consists of?  So much thinking?  Or am I doing it wrong?  Will tripping with friends produce a more 'fun' experience or will I still be contemplating my life?

I need some weed.  Any insight to my questions would be very much appreciated.

--------------------

https://soundcloud.com/dankm dank music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGotlib
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: greenterror]
    #14507358 - 05/24/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Don't trip in a crowd, next time take 5g's and go out in nature take them around 7pm or when the sun is going down if you want more fun get one of your friends to take them with you. Gather fire wood for an hour before you take them and build a fire after dark make sure it's nice day with no clouds.

Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: Gotlib]
    #14507519 - 05/24/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Does the environment and larger dose make it more 'fun'?  Or just more intense?  Will it still be deep thinking into the basic concepts of life and death?

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14507543 - 05/24/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms make you heavy in thought. The visuals get much more vivid at higher doses, and so does the thought process. On a dose with vivid open eye visuals, you are entirely captivated by the trip and your thoughts, you may feel as if you are going in and out of your body, lots of crazy things happen besides seeing stuff. Mushrooms are definitely a psychological trip first, think of the visuals as an extra, because there is so much more to it.

Mushrooms in particular...The ratio of visuals to mindfuck is skewed. Other things can be more 'clear headed' at higher levels of visual activity.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #14507573 - 05/24/11 11:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms are not 'fun', in the way you are thinking I fear

They are not a beer or joint... they are not being drunk or numb... They show you yourself... Strip away all the bs... Teach.... Let you see, what you have missed... Your place in the world...

If you want fun, go smoke some pot.... If you want to know yourself, take 4 gm next time... 2 gms are like party amounts... I think one can Have fun, and enjoy the experience though...

Just my opinion... But your experience is what I would expect
Mushrooms are not for everyone... Best not to have expectations... Just be

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: drr]
    #14507582 - 05/24/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Other things can be more 'clear headed' at higher levels of visual activity.

By this you mean I could be more clear headed with an 8th than one or two grams?

--------------------

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
    #14507596 - 05/24/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If you're looking for a more "fun" and visual trip, i'd say try acid. Acid was always much more visual and way less mindfuck. I could eat 3 hits at a party and have a good time, but an eighth of mushrooms leaves me pretty couchlocked.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: HarryL]
    #14507638 - 05/24/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Mushrooms are not 'fun', in the way you are thinking I fear

They are not a beer or joint... they are not being drunk or numb... They show you yourself... Strip away all the bs... Teach.... Let you see, what you have missed... Your place in the world...

If you want fun, go smoke some pot.... If you want to know yourself, take 4 gm next time... 2 gms are like party amounts... I think one can Have fun, and enjoy the experience though...

Just my opinion... But your experience is what I would expect
Mushrooms are not for everyone... Best not to have expectations... Just be

Peace

Thanks for your advice.  I didn't expect it to be fun in the sense that bunny rabbits and dragons would be jumping around, but I only got visuals on the ceiling mainly.  I was hoping to at least see much more vivid colors and patterns, and maybe some real distortions of objects.  I found myself laying in bed thinking so deeply that one part I cried for like 30 minutes.  A lot of the time I was just contemplating on how life is meaningless.

I will likely try again with a larger dose.

Quote:

If you're looking for a more "fun" and visual trip, i'd say try acid. Acid was always much more visual and way less mindfuck. I could eat 3 hits at a party and have a good time, but an eighth of mushrooms leaves me pretty couchlocked.

If only I could get my hands on it some acid.  It doesn't help that nearly all of my dealers are black (never met a black person that sold/used psychedelics).

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: greenterror] * 1
    #14507642 - 05/24/11 11:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

greenterror said:
Quote:

Other things can be more 'clear headed' at higher levels of visual activity.

By this you mean I could be more clear headed with an 8th than one or two grams?

No, I meant other drugs, namely LSD and mescaline. 2c psychedelics are known for being less 'trippy' and more recreational.

Some people say higher doses are easier to handle. I say if you can handle an eighth you can handle two grams, period.

Set and setting.
Mushrooms aren't particularly easy. But I think set and setting is maybe even more important than which substance you choose. You may just have been with the wrong people, in the wrong place, or in the wrong mindset.
But honestly what you described sounds about right. Mushrooms are introspective, if you don't want that, then just drink some beers and smoke some bowls. That is why I'm not tripping right now! I only trip once every couple months, once a month at the most. It is a very wide spectrum of possibilities and you have to embrace them all. Sometimes on mushrooms you laugh so hard you cry, other times you might just plain cry. This is why people say not to just do them for 'fun'.

But even that I must disagree with. You can take them for fun. Just like a person jumps out of an airplane for fun. It is a thrill seeker's experience to be enjoyed and a seeker's tool to learn, but your common beer drinking party-goer is going to be put off by the seriousness of it all.

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
    #14507665 - 05/24/11 11:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

greenterror said:

If only I could get my hands on it some acid.  It doesn't help that nearly all of my dealers are black (never met a black person that sold/used psychedelics).

Funny you should say that, 5 of the 6 guys(the white person was a girl) have been black. I'm in a reverse dimension!

Just keep looking around, you'll find it somewhere man!
And as drr said, mescaline is pretty cool on the visuals, and very easy on the mind, and you can extract it yourself. Definitely worth a try.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Re: Shrooms... for me? [Re: bholzer]
    #14507747 - 05/24/11 11:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

lol thanks for the helpful input!

Now that I think about it, I did resist the mushroom effect for a short period.  I guess it was just a bad(ish) trip in some aspects.  I mean one part I was thinking of all my family members in coffins, wasn't cool.  But overall, the experience was good and I took a deep look into a lot of thoughts.

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14507799 - 05/25/11 12:12 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms are give and take man.

Any time I have tripped hard on mushrooms...There are moments of fear, moments of exhilarating euphoria, and everything in between. The spectrum is broad and really what you are working with is just you, your range of possible emotions, magnified under psilocybin.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract