Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Classical Music [Re: ]
    #1450519 - 04/11/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hey that would be great im new to "real" classical guitar but i can play lots of zepplins stuff like "babe im gonna leave you" thats fingerpicking and i love it. i have learned everything on an ovation classical non cut-a-way from 1981. i love it and it has history it was my uncles before he died in a plane accident. so what ever you would teach someone with the basic concept of finger picking but nothing else is what im looking for i guess. the only thing i can play that is a real classical tune is greensleeves. a while back someone(sorry cant remeber his name) came to San Antonio who had won several world contests and held a seminar like thing people got up and he taught everyone i went but as a spectator cause i didnt want to embarasse myself. thats when i got interested. thanks for all your help mr. mushrooms

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (04/13/03 01:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Classical Music [Re: blaze2]
    #1451551 - 04/12/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Eric and Mr. M have lots of good piece recommendations.
I'm studying classical guitar at college, i'm in my 3rd year. although I've been playing electric for about 4-5 years. I'm studying some Villa-lobos and Giuliani right now, and will probably go into some Sor and Bach after that. I was first so turned off because there is a lot of technique involved. but it's just a matter of getting the feel of it. hehe.. i wish i owned a better classical guitar. maybe someday

Good luck with your studies. some simple (sometimes boring) way to start out are some of the Sor studies, and a lot of the Leo Brower etudes are very interesting and focus on one technique. Have fun
Oh, and I'd also recommend getting a training technique book along with material to play. Learning technique is as important as learning the notes.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (04/12/03 12:10 AM)

Anonymous

#1452179 - 04/12/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Classical Music [Re: ]
    #1453995 - 04/13/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

here is something i can't believe i forgot to mention. alexander scriabin is one of my favorites. he had some interesting ideas and styles. i have one of his pieces, prelude op.11 no.6, arranged for guitar in .gif format. it is fairly simple and anyone who wants this file is free to pm me their web address and i'll send it to you.

two recommended albums:
"the italian baroque: great vivaldi concertos" put out by infinity digital.
it's one of my favorite albums.

"russian orchestral classics: rimsky-korsakov (scheherazade)" also by infinity digital.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Edited by eric_the_red (04/13/03 12:39 AM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Classical Music [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1454117 - 04/13/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i forgot something in my other post i cant read musical notation thats what stopped me from getting a real classical teacher. when i started with tabs and ear and thats all i ever needed so i guess my ? is do i absolutely HAVE to read music or are there enough tabs out there for me to learn it? thx again mr mushrooms for spending your time on me. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#1463696 - 04/16/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale