Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

The Left is EVIL!!!!!!!
    #1449549 - 04/11/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Or is it the Right is evil?

Here's my point.

We have people from all across the spectrum here.  It is not a political stance that makes people evil.  In fact, I don't think anyone in here is "evil".  At the very worst they might have not thought an issue through or perhaps their reason is clouded with emotion.

None of that makes anyone "evil".

I would hope that each and every one of you would realize that each political ideology can come from a caring heart.

There are people concerned about the environment that truly care about our natural resources and their are people who care more about people and jobs than they do the environment.  Point is, both care.

Abortionists who care about women's health and the quality of their life and Anti-abortionists who care about babies and their lives.

So let's not think that the other side is evil.  Most of them are not.

Each side usually wants to see their solutions to the problems because they think they work and are the most fair.

--------------------------------------------

So flame me, it's what I think. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: ]
    #1449606 - 04/11/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So... I'm not evil even if I don't vote?
Cool. :cool: 

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1449618 - 04/11/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I am evil. As a Laissez-faire Capitalist, I am by definition evil itself.

Fear me!

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: Phred]
    #1449647 - 04/11/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

He, he - not in a world where greed is good!
I used to be an anarchist - that's real evil.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1449658 - 04/11/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Both sides are extremely evil and decide for you what is best. They are not the extremes of evil as an authoritarian government will leave no rights left for the individual. The only side I do not consider evil is the libertarian government or ideology. All of the rest want to try to make things better for the average citizen, when in reality the only thing that can make things better is to go out and apply yourself as a productive member of society. Welfare should be the first thing eradicated as the government decides to steal your money before you can decide that you want to invest it or spend it. Welfare is the ultimate in morally wrong policy. The war on drugs is not nearly as confining as income taxes. The government should allow you to pay taxes for what you think is fit. Personally I would supprt a higher defense budget and more money towards transportation costs and as I would no longer be paying for ninety percent of the useless and wasteful policies in place today. Tax breaks for failures is incredibly stupid as it just encourages stupidity. How is this the least bit rational? and how does the govenment expect our country to survive the ever evolving atmosphere of this planet? Restrictions in place for businesses are another of the irrational policies in place. Business that create an inferior or harmful product will be turned away far before the government's agencies will have a chance to survey the product. With more people working in private business (due to less government workers) wages will go down which will result in lower prices for products. The overall efficency of our economy will sky-rocket as useless members die off (it may sound cruel, how do you think we will ever evolve with the government supporting ignorance) and as the work force increases in size. With less money being spent by our government supporting agencies that sit around and pretend to function, the consumer will have much more personal allowance to spend as he sees fit, and when consumers are doing the spending the money goes directly to the most fit business and therefore encourages competition.

Well there you have it, why the libertarians when elected will raise America to be the economic and socail super power it once was.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: zeronio]
    #1449672 - 04/11/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Trust me we no longer live in a world where greed is good. Andthe few that think that way are punished by our government. Why are donations tax deductible? so that businesses that want to reinvest in themselves have to pay higher taxes. Is that fair?

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1449687 - 04/11/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Believe me, I'm evil.

Just look at my Avatar...ohhhh sooo scary!! :shocked:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1449977 - 04/11/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Nice comments, MM. Your post reminds me of what I was trying to say about the dichotomy of individual freedom on one side and social responsibiltiy on the other. It seems that, being the knee-jerking reactionaries we are, we move further toward whichever one we espouse in part because of our dislike of the kinds of people who espouse the other.

I was thinking of saying something like "a bird needs both wings to fly" but, no, that's too cheesy.

And pinky, I really was hoping to hear how you saw the two reconcile. (Admitedly I'm skeptical, but you already knew that.)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1449990 - 04/11/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

So flame me, it's what I think.

Can't. Rono will edit us, then spank us.

Or is it spank, then edit?

Or just spank?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1450025 - 04/11/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Can't. Rono will edit us, then spank us.

Or is it spank, then edit?

Or just spank?

Only one way to find out... :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1450026 - 04/11/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Actually it's Rono that likes to be spanked....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1450030 - 04/11/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Very true...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1450228 - 04/11/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good and evil do not exist, only the positive and the negative. Either is subjectionable to the individual based on the circumstance. Thus it is possible to deliver goodly "justice" to the criminal whom stole, but if that criminal stole food and was starving his intentions may be to feed his family (good), while to the authority figure he may be degrading society etc...but my point is they both think they're correct and doing good for themselves and others. So "good" and "evil" are irrelevant terms in nature and are attributed to the positive and negative aspects of our life.
...its hard to explain...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Left is EVIL!!!!!!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1450257 - 04/11/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmmmmmmmm..... spankings..........

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom