Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: arabmobster]
    #1450611 - 04/11/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i hope that we dont attack syria, but dont fool yourself we do. we'll wipe them off the map just like we're doing with ol saddam.

no one could hope to withstand the might of the american war machine. i think WE killed more of our own soldiers than the iraqis, and the causalty rate is probably 1:1000, in america's favor.

like i said. dont fool yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: ]
    #1450630 - 04/11/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes, but do not forget. allah is with them.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1450639 - 04/11/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Since when has that mattered?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: Evolving]
    #1450652 - 04/11/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

better hope allah has a couple hundred thousand well armed mechanized infantry with air support and artillery if he's gonna do em any good, haha.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1450654 - 04/11/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

no one could hope to withstand the might of the american war machine. i think WE killed more of our own soldiers than the iraqis, and the causalty rate is probably 1:1000, in america's favor.

Im not fooling myself; but Hitler's war machine was equally invincible in 1941.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1450669 - 04/11/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

We are at the cutting edge of EMP weapons and that is the only way I see to beat us at this point.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: arabmobster]
    #1450672 - 04/11/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

*smacks arabmobster with his shoe*

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1450676 - 04/11/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

We are at the cutting edge of EMP weapons and that is the only way I see to beat us at this point.

No such weapons have as yet been deployed, AFAIK. And a few good old-fashioned low-tech nukes can work wonders, too. I hope "Dobby" Putin has enough sense to use them before the NMD is operational.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/11/03 06:57 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1450701 - 04/11/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

E-bombs are right around the corner. And those are the ones that can be used tacticly were our troops and equipment is near by. Raw EMP is available now. Those can be used against a nuke missile and would be even if it meant darkening NYC. Of course a mini nuke hand carried could get through but that would not win a war.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1450711 - 04/11/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i just came up with a conspiracy theory type thing.

during the cold war, both the americans and the soviets had spies operating in all of their enemy's major cities with nuclear weapons. just living there with a nuke in their apartment, blending in, waiting in case they were to strike... some of these networks are still maintained.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1450738 - 04/11/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think that is a conspiracy. I thought there were suitcase nukes missing from the Russian arsenal.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1450747 - 04/11/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I remember when they used to test the little suitcase emps at the the base I lived on.  People would have to spend weeks shuffling paperwork after returning to their vehicle that no longer ran because it had some fancy smancy onboard computer that had been knocked out :smile:  I got reimbursed for a radar detector that got "jammed".

I hope that more money is invested in this type of warfare..  I find it interesting that the UK was dropping cement bombs.. Id even be happier with that.  but this damn depleted uranium shit really pisses me the fuck off.  Since it costs so much to properly dispose of it.. lets make it into weaponry and leave it in our enemy lands.. great idea.

Anyway, I personally vote Syria... but Ive been giving some thought to Palestine lately.  Its really hot for syria right now, in more ways then one... so we may not see it until fall.  Its just really hard to say, because it would be smart for them to go right on in, plus we arent really fighting any groundwar, so the heat isnt that big of an issue and we are there anyway.  Not to mention the fact that they just sent the moab over to the persian gulf.  It all really depends on what the motives of this administration truly are.  I know Israel is gunning for Hezbollah and there is a pretty interesting Israel/ 9-11 link.

Also, why is pakistan that crazy:
http://www.rense.com/general37/islamnuke.htm  -- Israel or pakistan = bigger ally?

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1450749 - 04/11/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

. And a few good old-fashioned low-tech nukes can work wonders, too. I hope "Dobby" Putin has enough sense to use them before the NMD is operational.

So you think suicide is the proper goal for Russia? Putin is a lot more intelligent than that.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1450758 - 04/11/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

They should drop the MOAB in an open unmaned area just to get it on TV so I can see it. I liked the cement bombs too. A plane is just a broke with a hole through it as it is blown up.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1450763 - 04/11/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hitler could have won the war, but he was a fool.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #1450779 - 04/11/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

E-bombs are right around the corner. And those are the ones that can be used tacticly were our troops and equipment is near by. Raw EMP is available now. Those can be used against a nuke missile and would be even if it meant darkening NYC. Of course a mini nuke hand carried could get through but that would not win a war.

Two things are certain: a) no such weapon exists; and b) the other nuclear powers dont believe that one is in the offing. If a) were false and there was such a thing, then the Shrub would have already launched a massive preemptive strike against the Russians (or at least issued an ultimatum). OTOH, if the Russians believed that we were on the brink of acquiring a true anti-missile defense (of whatever kind), then they would launch a preemptive strike against Amerikkka before it could be implemented (unless their as stupid as they appear to be).

Finally, a nuke deployed from a ballistic missile is grounded against EMPs, since the explosions themselves generate EMPs and several nukes must be allowed to explode near each other simultaneously.

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/11/03 07:35 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1450798 - 04/11/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OTOH, if the Russians believed that we were on the brink of acquiring a true anti-missile defense (of whatever kind), then they would launch a preemptive strike against Amerikkka before it could be implemented (unless their as stupid as they appear to be).

THAT would be suicide. A preemptive strike against the U.S. would result in the obliteration of Russia. The U.S. has nuclear armed submarines and aircraft ready to strike at anytime. Ever heard of the concept of M.A.D.? It's a good thing you aren't in Putin's place, the world would be a lot more dangerous.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1450803 - 04/11/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What is the range of the EMP from a nuke blast. They might be far enough apart to be ok. We are still working on grounding techniqs ourselvs.

The stealth bomber was being tested in the 50's wasn't it? I can't imagine what we may have now.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Syria or Iran? [Re: Evolving]
    #1450846 - 04/11/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

. And a few good old-fashioned low-tech nukes can work wonders, too. I hope "Dobby" Putin has enough sense to use them before the NMD is operational.

So you think suicide is the proper goal for Russia? Putin is a lot more intelligent than that.

If comitting suicide means stopping the Shrub, then its definitely the proper goal. The Russians face the same choice as someone who knows they will be killed anyway, but can opt to bring about their killers' death in the process.

Quote:

THAT would be suicide. A preemptive strike against the U.S. would result in the obliteration of Russia. The U.S. has nuclear armed submarines and aircraft ready to strike at anytime. Ever heard of the concept of M.A.D.? It's a good thing you aren't in Putin's place, the world would be a lot more dangerous.

It would also result in the obliteration of the US, who are the agressors in the MAD scenario. Unfortunately for the Russians, however, they have to shoot first.

Quote:

The stealth bomber was being tested in the 50's wasn't it? I can't imagine what we may have now.

The original stealth bomber was the Nazi Horten B220 (1944).

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/11/03 08:07 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1451011 - 04/11/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

If comitting suicide means stopping the Shrub, then its definitely the proper goal. The Russians face the same choice as someone who knows they will be killed anyway, but can opt to bring about their killers' death in the process.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? There is no reason for the U.S. to want to destroy Russia, not militarily nor economic. This idea is utter nonsense. I am glad Putin is in charge and not you.

Quote:

It would also result in the obliteration of the US, who are the agressors in the MAD scenario. Unfortunately for the Russians, however, they have to shoot first.

Okay, let me understand this. By your twisted lack of logic, a preemptive strike against the U.S. by the Russians would make the U.S. the agressors? This again, is utter nonsense.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies