Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Salvia according to Castaneda
    #1445866 - 04/10/03 07:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone fairly familiar with Castaneda's books will most likely understand this, but for others it probably won't mean much. I have noticed that the effects of Salvia are a perfect match for what Castaneda describes as a "shift in the assemblage point". I have noticed that the effects of Salvia can range from a slight distortion in perception to actually being transported into another world. I think the depth of the effect depends on how far the assemblage point moves from it's customary position. I think the Mazatecs use Salvia as a doorway to an unlimited amount of information. I think they can control the shifts in thier assemblage points and use Salvia as a way to dislodge it at will. That would explain how they can go into the trance and come out with whatever information they want. I wouldn't doubt that don Juans "little smoke" contained some Salvia from the description of it given in the books. It makes sense to think that all the seers and sorcerers in Mexico would be aware of Salvia and take advantage of it.
I consider Salvia to be a powerful ally with the capability of moving your assemblage point to an infinite number of positions, thus creating an infinite number of new worlds for you to see. Since I've been looking at Salvia this way, my experiences have been much richer and more bizarre. Castaneda's books are basically all about how to move the assemblage point, and Salvia actually does it for you. Castaneda has helped me understand Salvia and my Salvia experiences have helped me to understand the books. Does anybody else think that this makes sense?

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (04/10/03 07:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1446033 - 04/10/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

that makes sense

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: amnesiaseizure]
    #1446291 - 04/10/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I remember many many years ago i ordered some salvia with a hope to get high, i didn't get high, i didn't get anywhere in fact.

Supposedly, i toked it in a J and you'd need a pipe/bong to smoke it.

Anyway, i wonna give it a good try again, what is the place on the net that sells quality salvia? Anyone knows?

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: cleaner]
    #1446298 - 04/10/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

www.sagewisdom.net might be .org or .com i forget

yeah, makes sense in a way. everything seems to.. shift. break down. change. and it feels like the world around me is changing, not that i am.

one time i smoked some after i got drunk (bad idea) and for the longest time all i could think about was this old man in a grey robe, kinda like gandalf, although it didnt occur to me at the time. and he had this hat on, and there was an umbrella on top of it.

and he was just riding his horse.

weird shit.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: cleaner]
    #1446301 - 04/10/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

get oaxacan over hawaiian, wherever you get it. Lots of places sell it. Oaxacan is more potent in my experience.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1446332 - 04/10/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

As Castaneda was a fraud, it is hard to believe that he "taught" you anything about salvia or assemblage points.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: Dogomush]
    #1446349 - 04/10/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i'm a little bored with you, people...the subject here was the link between Castaneda and the Salvia, why on earth do you start to talk about the salvia business, the dosing and all ?
In fact , the effect of Salvia really looks like those of the "little smoke" indeed.
I noticed that there is quasi no-effect under the shower and i remember Don Juan pushing Carlos in the river everytime it was needed to stop the trip...strange coincidence !
If there really is a link between this way of knowledge and Salvia it open the door for a lots of questions ! Did the tolteques knew and used it ? Was it used all around in the country ? (don't forget that the story take place in the Sonoran desert) And notice it: that would be the only one account of a traditionnal smoking use of Salvia Divinorum...
I think that it would be interesting to "try" the methods used by Don Juan when smoking this, for example to "see" a river or other object...cause as for me, i always used it "mazatec style"...i mean in the dark the eyes closed !
As for the movement of the assemblage point, yes it is the most precious "tool" for that...
Oh, by the way, Immaculate, it's not a personal attack but please avoid to put the word "shit" when speaking about this wonderfull ally...i think that i already said that but, SHE deserves respect...ok ?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1446422 - 04/10/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, by the way, Immaculate, it's not a personal attack but please avoid to put the word "shit" when speaking about this wonderfull ally...i think that i already said that but, SHE deserves respect...ok ?

What exactly does that mean? Can the plant read the word "shit" from the internet and have it's widdy-biddy feelings hurt?

--------------------

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: Swami]
    #1446491 - 04/10/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the plant, i don't know....but as for me YES...just because it's like my girlfriend hehe

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1447096 - 04/10/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It doesn't make any difference if Castaneda's books were a fraud or not. As long as they make you think about things in a different light I don't see how it matters. He had a message and he wanted to tell people about it. He also explains different ways to go about changing your perceptions ( using dreams, fear, ect ). It's obvious that most of the things he says never actually happened, but that's not the point. The point is to help people break out of thier everday-ordinary way of life and eliminate bad habits. I don't see any problem with that at all.

Kopelandiaa-- That's what I was thinking too! Maybe the use of Salvia is much more widespread among Shamans in Mexico than previously thought. Most of the traditions and knowledge of the people who roamed the Earth long ago have been lost, or the facts about what they were able to do have been distorted over the last 2-3000 years. Who knows what those people were "really" capable of!!

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (04/10/03 03:23 PM)

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1447443 - 04/10/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Um every hallucinogen causes a change in the assemblage point. That is just your perception. Drugs like alcohol will just shrink it, which means less perception.

I believe in those books to a pretty far extent, considering I've experienced similar things. If you want to experience things like seeing and whole different worlds, and remember them well, you should try to extract some pure DMT. Pure DMT has put me in states where I have perceived everything as fibers of light, which is 'seeing'. DMT is the most amazing substance, it can show you the true potential of the human mind.

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1447491 - 04/10/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I live in Canada...would it possible to find the plant(s) that contain DMT up here? I would I have to order in or something?

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: Billowz]
    #1448622 - 04/11/03 12:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

off topic...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1449082 - 04/11/03 08:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It doesn't make any difference if Castaneda's books were a fraud or not.

Of course it does! What kind of lame statement is this? A teacher proclaiming to share with you things that he, himself, has not experienced; using tools that he, himself, has not used, cannot possibly point the way towards freedom.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Salvia according to Castaneda [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1449091 - 04/11/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Drugs like alcohol will just shrink it, which means less perception.

Drugs like alcohol EXPAND your awareness of the desirability of the opposite sex allowing one to glimpse the inner beauty of even the most disgusting bar hog, especially near closing time.

--------------------

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
    #1449093 - 04/11/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

he wanted to say that even if it is a fraud, the CONTENTS of the books have theyr own incommensurable value...and that it can't hardly have been invented (my opinion )

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1449137 - 04/11/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You've got your opinions and I've got mine. My only purpose with this post was to see if anyone else noticed a similarity between the effects of Salvia and some of the phenomena written about in the books - that's all. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether the books are real or not. I'm already quite aware of all the controversy surrounding Castaneda and his writings.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1449169 - 04/11/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry P.S., but you are not going to limit my response just because you don't want or like it. Whether or not Castaneda was able to personally shift his assemblage point is entirely relevant to your thread.

It is hardly my opinion that the teachings of a fraud are to be viewed with great suspicion.

Would you knowingly go to a doctor that bought a diploma from a mail-in university?

Would you hire an obese chainsmoker as a personal fitness trainer?

I would guess the answer is probably not. Yet the views of a fiction writer who has not walked the shamanic path are of great importance to you?

--------------------

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1450134 - 04/11/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You may say its fake all you want...I could easily say the same for most of the bible.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate