Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetplague
Gettn' my growon
Loc: 41' N
uneven pins - pick all at once or let them fully develop?
    #1448454 - 04/11/03 01:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard to pick all at once, or to pick all at least within a 24hr period - to keep the flushes even? - well my pinset was very uneven. i have some fruits veils breaking and others just popping out of the casing layer - what should i do? - probably going to take the broken veils out tomorrow morning and make prints but what to do with the rest?

any comments are appreciated

-tplague

--------------------
"have a good time all the time"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: uneven pins - pick all at once or let them fully develop? [Re: tplague]
    #1448492 - 04/11/03 01:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well, the cakes will keep growing till either nutrients are gone or water content/moisture is gone, so if u can handle keeping the moinsture up, then who gives a fuck wether or not they grow at the same time and let em grow. as u get better and learn how to handle pre pinning, then u will master even flushes. and either way, if you had a perfect flush all at one time, u pick em all and they just keep comin back, so it doesnt matter until u get picky about best yields and such (im haphazardly assuming you are a newb) good luck

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: uneven pins - pick all at once or let them fully develop? [Re: jakeholman]
    #1448497 - 04/11/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

keep reading around more and your questions will get answered.  and by the way, dont't quit your day job :grin: well at least for now that is... 

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlinetplague
Gettn' my growon
    #1448514 - 04/11/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

prepinning i lowered temp - it sits at about 72 now
humidity/moisture is kept up by suspending a bowl with 2 fishtank airstones in it - also brings in fresh O2 - clear panels were cut into the top to let light in - about the casing - casing was let colonize all they way + 3 days then cased with peat/verm/coir - ph balanced with lime, baked in the oven for 1+hr at 185 - layed down as evenly as possible not compacting at all leaving the top with slight "valleys" - started pinning in about 3-4 days after light was introduced - where did i go wrong?

-bewm

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1448537 - 04/11/03 01:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well first off i dont know why you "double cased"  once your casing is colonized all the way just unduce fruiting right there.  some say dont even wait to see mycelium everywhere, (overlay can happen too easily supposedly)  once u see it in the valleys -and it starts climbinn up a bit- then bring in some light, and a drop in temp and u should be set.  :cool:
-Jake H 

--------------------

Offlinetplague
Gettn' my growon
    #1448929 - 04/11/03 08:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well, i cased because i colonized a LOT of straw and dung, and its recommended to case this, once the straw/dung was colonized i put a layer of as i said peat/coir/verm ph balanced on it.. it helps with moisture as the shrooms are growing..

-tplague

--------------------

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1450942 - 04/11/03 10:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ahhh i see, well me expertise is lacking there...couldn't tell you how to fix it next time for straw/dung, but to control prepinning for cakes/grains you need to crumble them into small small pieces. dont know if that helps, and for this batch keep the casing layer moist and let them grow unevenly pickin only mature ones. and for next time dont wait for your casing/substrate to colonize completely plus 3 days. once its 90% induce fruiting and see what happens.......
Jake H

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation