Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money
    #1448089 - 04/10/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Who has a "friend" that they know that sells mushrooms?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1448122 - 04/10/03 09:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know lots of people who sell mushrooms for money. Befor I started growing my own I dealt with these people all the time.

They are the Johnny Appleseeds of the psychedelic movement. I just want to thank all those people who have been so good as to sell mushrooms for money. Without them risking their necks for the common good of mankind, some of us may have never discovered the wonder that is the magic mushroom.

The funny thing is there are lots of people who really get offended by this kind of behaviour. And although it pisses me off when I get ripped off by some guy who's overcharging me just because he knows he can, I'm afraid that as the mushrooms have taught me that there are no universal laws to anything, there really isn't anything wrong with selling mushrooms unless you think that there is. That is what this thread is going to end up being about, yes?

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: Dogomush]
    #1448131 - 04/10/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Dogomush, I like and agree with that response. I don't agree with overcharging (just like you), but I agree, I never would have experienced mushrooms if someone didn't sell them to me. These people are essential, and although some of them are cocksuckers, when it comes down to it they're really just opportunists.

--------------------
ha

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1448149 - 04/10/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i got to experience mushrooms alll for free  :grin:

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1448164 - 04/10/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

good for you man

OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
    #1448271 - 04/10/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just wanna add that selling mushrooms cant be considered wrong or right until you make a concious judgemnet, so when you judge it as wrong only then is it wrong

and try to realize that money can be of use to the dealer just as the shrooms can be of use the consumer, so its a fair trade

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

OfflineSevHoeSev

Loc: 707 - Napa
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe]
    #1448457 - 04/10/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

whats the big deal with selling mushrooms?? thats usually how i get them.. and when i get them i sell them to people who want them and dont know anyone else.. i dont look at selling mushrooms any different then selling weed.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1448471 - 04/10/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have a problem with people selling mushrooms or pot for money... I do have a problem with people selling drugs such as heroine and crack for money.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: djd586]
    #1448534 - 04/10/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

fo sho...i know this is kinda off topic but this really pisses me off.
The government such as the CIA and all those bastards used to hand out herion and crack to get people addicted. It used to illegal. The government just wanted their money..shrooms and weed were among the first to become ilegal because people could easily grow or pick them.. Now the drugs the government handed out themsevles are the only ones ruining peoples lives..and the only reason that shrooms and weed are "drugs" is because the government labled them so. When the only true drugs are herion cocaine..etc
To find out more go to this site.
http://www.jamesarthur.net/mushroom.html

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1448591 - 04/11/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I do have a problem with selling mushrooms personally... for me they are a very sacred article.. even if they CAN be mass produced. I would rather trade something for mushrooms than sell them... I would not trade or give mushrooms to somebody who I thought had no respect for the sacredness of the mushroom experience. To me they are not a drug they are a manifestation of Cosmic energies...an ally in the evolution of man, not to be profaned by the dirtyness of money..

I do not judge those who sell them that is their perogative and I wish them the best in their life... but for me I tend to be choosy in who I share this experience with...there are plenty of modern synthetics out there for people who just want drugs...

This is my opinion..and only that.

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: mesq]
    #1448756 - 04/11/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How about I trade you some for $$$.

J/K no offence.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
    #1448856 - 04/11/03 04:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The first day when i was PCing my jars even before i did mushrooms for the first time i had a deep feeling that the mushrooms i grow should never be sold so me and my girlfriend decided there and then that we will never sell the products of our love.....its for the exploration of the soul...to bridge the great divide

We as humans quantify everything in monetory terms, its more to do with the "reality conditioning" we go through in our growth years that very reality which the mushrooms release us from..."its after all just a drug...isnt it ??"... answer to that question decides the fact wether you can sell it or not.....

Edited by MetaMountain (04/11/03 04:42 AM)

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1448920 - 04/11/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

All drugs should be free.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1448984 - 04/11/03 06:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you sell shrooms and getr caught then thats your problem and I personally have no sympathy for anyone who does sell them.

I* have always given them away, and i be by the thousands,

I do provide a lot of herbariums with voucher specimens. But people who grow and sell is not cool. If you can put a value on you going to jail because your good friends could snitch you off for grow ,Is that worth going to jail for.

I doubt it.

It is a shame to ruin a free American high buy peddling shrooms for dollars. You should read about the greedy shroom pedlers at my site. There are now getting to be regular busts.

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/news.htm

Read and figure out what went werong with these people who grew shrooms to sell, at exhorbiutan prices. In the PNW, those who do sell shrooms charge five dollars a high. Not ten dollars a gram. only cubie growers charge those extreme rip-off prices to their friends.

It slike pot.

Ic came out of the Haight-Ashbury where pot was ten dollars an ounce. To me that is all it is really worth. I could neve, in my life, call anyone my friend, who sought to charge me mroe than that for a bag of weed. The rest is greed and thats why people who grow always get caught. Because someone somewhere became greedy. Even the person who snitches was greedy.

Soprry but those are my personal feelings about the shrooms. They should be shared. Thats what the sixties wer all about. We went to a concert and /or a love-in or a dead concert, and people haded out thousands of doses of acid, passed joints and no one charged anyone for anything.

Of course that still occurs at the Rainbow gathering, maybe at the Burning man if one can get their drugs in, and thats what the whole sixties were about. Communication and sharing. Even in the early 1980s when I made x before it was illegal, we gave away most of it.

WE shared it with all. Now people pay form 12.00 a dose to %50.00 a dose for x. They pay $10 dollars a gram for cubies which usually take 3-5 grams to have a decent high. In thePNW, a quarter ounce of fresh cyanescens for 25 to 30 dollars gets 6 to ten people off.

Why do you want to sellthese shrooms. They are free unless you grow them.

and that as I said above is really a desicration of what the shrooms are all about.

mj

Sorry but I did not mean to rant.

mj

If one wants to sell shrooms then grow edibles. Gourmet mushrooms can bring much money to the home.

Matsutake shrooms wholesale in Tokyo at $50.00 an ounce at the table. Inthe fall, many japanese mushroom affechinatos come to the PNW and pick Matsutake shrooms and ship them daily via express mail to tokyo. Thats more than what magic shrooms are worth..

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1449035 - 04/11/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

if i grew tomatoes, would it be wrong for me to sell them?

i cant stand the thought of selling something to a friend of mine, but i dont see why people i dont really know and want some mush shouldn't pay for them.
i worked on the porduct and took a risk growing them and should get my worth back so there could be more of them around.

when i have alot of them i just sell a big batch to 1 person for a low price and the rest is for me and my friends to party for as long as they last...
i would even pass them around at partys, but it takes to much attention and soon enough therse a croud around u pleeding for shrooms which puts me in an uncomfortable position.

althogh,i encourge all who is willing to grow their own. i even translated the PF to the local language.

where i live shrooms are ileagal no matter what state they are, so the risk is too much for some questionable good karma...

a growin original

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #1449057 - 04/11/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I do have a problem with selling mushrooms personally... for me they are a very sacred article.. even if they CAN be mass produced. I would rather trade something for mushrooms than sell them... I would not trade or give mushrooms to somebody who I thought had no respect for the sacredness of the mushroom experience. To me they are not a drug they are a manifestation of Cosmic energies...an ally in the evolution of man, not to be profaned by the dirtyness of money..

I do not judge those who sell them that is their perogative and I wish them the best in their life... but for me I tend to be choosy in who I share this experience with...there are plenty of modern synthetics out there for people who just want drugs...

This is my opinion..and only that.

What is the difference between selling and trading? Money is just a representation of value to trade. I have sold mushrooms in the past, but only a small charge to cover the costs of growing, I would sell it for $40/20g to a close friend or $5/g to others. I quit selling and just hand them out to friends now, but I don't see anything wrong with selling, At least to cover the cultivation costs.

--------------------

Edited by rommstein2001 (04/11/03 07:53 AM)

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1449076 - 04/11/03 08:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

people who sells mushrooms just think about theyr ass.
People who shares mushrooms are people who understood what really are the shrooms and they want the world around us to be better,at any cost (!!!) that's all.

Offlineicewall
journeyman
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1449269 - 04/11/03 09:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i am going to sell mushrooms.... but im not the average dealer.

i dont purely sell for money, i sell in order to offer anything the public demands (aka friends and their friends) i dont make that much money and only do it once a year spring time. plus i am giving ALL of my friends a free 1/8th.

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: icewall]
    #1449282 - 04/11/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i give them away or to those who burn one with me,

simple as that.

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: ITs bad, sellin mushrooms for money [Re: ODhaze]
    #1449324 - 04/11/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Eeep-- all of these are good points.

However,
shouldn't price ranges and motivation be of relevance here too?
I mean, can you really consider selling for profit to be the same as asking for a little money to cover at least a part of growing costs and necessary supplies (like a decent scale--after all, you are going to be sharing with friends, you are also a bit responsible about WHAT you give them)?
Of course, the majority of these costs are a one-time thing (so maybe just being keen on the idea of asking for donations is ok? also, agreed-- trade is perfectly acceptable)

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures