Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegoldencap35
Stranger
considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems?
    #14481729 - 05/20/11 01:07 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I am considering buying a grow kit or spores on line and grow my own. Is it true all you have to do is inject the spores into the kit and you just place it in a dark place and you have massive yields of psyco actives in less then a month? Is it really that easy? Can some one provide tips? Thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: goldencap35]
    #14481738 - 05/20/11 01:09 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

No it is not that easy. But yes it is easy. Never tried a growkit it's easy enough without one and you can get everything but the spores locally.

Offlinestranger_danger
psychonaut
Male

Loc: somewhere around here
Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: goldencap35]
    #14481748 - 05/20/11 01:11 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

goldencap35 said:
Is it true all you have to do is inject the spores into the kit and you just place it in a dark place and you have massive yields of psyco actives in less then a month?

:cop:

InvisibleMr. Anderson
πριν από το χρόνο κάποιου
 User Gallery

Loc: Torn between the roots of...
Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: stranger_danger]
    #14481783 - 05/20/11 01:19 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:laugh2:

--------------------

Disclaimer: All posts are completely fictional and or for educational purposes only.

Offlinestranger_danger
psychonaut
Male

Loc: somewhere around here
Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: Mr. Anderson]
    #14481802 - 05/20/11 01:24 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:feelsbannedman:

InvisibleMr. Anderson
πριν από το χρόνο κάποιου
 User Gallery

Loc: Torn between the roots of...
Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: stranger_danger]
    #14481858 - 05/20/11 01:37 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Disclaimer: All posts are completely fictional and or for educational purposes only.

OfflineKrizzKaliko
Lurker
Male

#14481943 - 05/20/11 01:56 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

goldencap35 said:
I am considering buying a grow kit or spores on line and grow my own. Is it true all you have to do is inject the spores into the kit and you just place it in a dark place and you have massive yields of psyco actives in less then a month? Is it really that easy? Can some one provide tips? Thanks

:omg:  :stopsign:  :urstupid:

:nothingtoadd:

OfflineJonow
Stranger

Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: KrizzKaliko]
    #14482015 - 05/20/11 02:13 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, it's that easy.

There's a few things to remember, however. Like, always pay with your credit card and always have it shipped directly to your house. Also, upon starting to cultivate, you have to make sure you call the police, and tell them you're cultivating psychedelic mushrooms so that they can give you a permission slip.

Also, you need to buy about 10-20 of these kits to get started. I'd say the more you get, the better.

Good luck!

OfflineMushaboom
Teacher/Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14482071 - 05/20/11 02:25 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

goldencap35 said:

The best way to find out is to research yourself.

--------------------

"What you think, you become."

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: Mushaboom]
    #14482481 - 05/20/11 04:14 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Wow what a bunch of ass holes LMAO, you guys should have honorary TC tags for those answers.

Darkness is not necessary, light is beneficial to all stages of mushroom growth, bags don't fruit well unless you have them in a SGFC and then are still sub par.

I suggest you stop worrying about easy and worry about time consuming, the bags would need regular fanning and misting while fruiting.

I suggest that you read up on mono tubs, rye grain prep, GLC, and Damion5050's elementary coir tek or learn to build a mono and pour the bags in the mono when they fully colonize and maybe mix in some coir/verm at field capacity to make sure it has plenty of H2O. Research all the terms I used with the search engine and read and watch vid clips on http://mushroomvideos.com

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Offlinebakerx
myco nerd

Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: 3n1gm4]
    #14482761 - 05/20/11 06:24 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

check out them Roger Rabbit videos...hes like the mycology yoda.

but no its no where near as easy as your OP made it seem, but it aint hard either.

read. alot. and then read some more. and then when you think you've read enough, stop take three bong hits, and read 3x as much as you already have. go to sleep..wake up the next day, go to work or whatever, come home and read more. then repeat again the next day, and the next....

you see where i'm going? nobody is going to spoonfeed you PF tek instructions....this place is a great resource and within its archives, and the forums, you will find all the information you want to cultivate mushrooms, but you're going to have to read until you understand some basics. then come back and ask questions. the users here are knoweldgeable and helpful if they can tell a poster has put effort and research into their endeavors...

pyscho active cultivation is illegal in the USA...I'm just saying. :wink:

--------------------
I am looking for any shiitake strains, any oyster strains, and lions mane cultures. i got cool edibles to trade.

"Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection..."

Roger Rabbit

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: bakerx]
    #14482769 - 05/20/11 06:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I will never make another cake, bulk is easy if you read the right posts, go read every tek in the Ask a Q: and get an A: AMU thread in 13Shrooms journal and then buy you a pc and practice using it after you read the instructions. Everyone here pushes cakes on noobs and make them feel like they can't do bulk first, that is bull, bulk is much easier IMO.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14482797 - 05/20/11 06:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinebakerx
myco nerd

#14482864 - 05/20/11 07:29 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yeah bulk is the way to go...just finished my first flush from my first cube grow...went straight to rye spawn and damion50/50 coir in mini monotubs. i read a bunch of the same stuff 3n1gm4 linked to. good info.

--------------------
I am looking for any shiitake strains, any oyster strains, and lions mane cultures. i got cool edibles to trade.

"Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection..."

Roger Rabbit

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14482881 - 05/20/11 07:41 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Congrats, did you get the wet weight?

--------------------

Offlinebakerx
myco nerd

#14482906 - 05/20/11 07:52 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

stopped recording wet weight at 1000 grams...checked dry weight this morning after 48 hrs fan dry and 10 hrs in desiccant chamber and it was right under 5 ounces (125grams) of PES amazonian from Sporeworks. will be posting harvest pics on my grow thread sometime soon.

after lots of reading and research i went with a three MSH tub setup instead of cakes and shotguns...just seemed easier and more logical after i thoroughly understood all the major concepts involed (substrate, moisture content, GE, FAE, and RH, inducing pinset, fruiting conditions, etc. ) and turned out really well. montubs are soopid easy! even my stoner ass pulled it off.

--------------------

Roger Rabbit

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14482945 - 05/20/11 08:13 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

NICE!:awesomenod::thumbup:
Do you use gypsum to soak and boil your grain and add it to your sub? If you don't you should!

--------------------

Offlinebakerx
myco nerd

#14482950 - 05/20/11 08:15 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yeah man i added gypsum to the coir/verm substrate mix. next round i think im going to add in some coffee grounds to the sub and use gypsum on the rye soak.

--------------------

Roger Rabbit

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14482967 - 05/20/11 08:22 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

It's definately not as easy as op makes it sound. Just expect to fail a time or 2 before you get it right. There's a steep learning curve to get started

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: considering growing for 1st time. is it as easy as it seems? [Re: SomeGuy]
    #14483403 - 05/20/11 10:58 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I failed my first attempt at PF BRF cakes in SGFC, moved right to bulk and did fine, it was much easier than cakes. I was still trying to grow cakes until last week and the total count was 5 out of 34 actually had fruits, and every one but one cluster on a cake with bacterial infection did nothing but sit there and get paid more attention to than my kids, oh and one turned green. Then I built a mono and PCd some rye and got some coir, from then on I had dry ounces of some very potent mush.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation