Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Humidity tent shelf setup, am I doing it right?
    #14475996 - 05/18/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have a wire rack shelf setup with 3 areas separated with sheet plastic.  In each area there is 6 cased grain mycobag with tops cut off leaving about 1 inch of plastic above casing.  Each shelf area has (3) 2" diameter holes cut towards top.  I am fanning/misting casings and interior plastic 3x a day.

Should there still be condensation on the sides of plastic right before next misting/fanning time or should everything be evaporated off by then?  If casing still look wet and can squeeze water easily out of a pinch should I avoid misting casing next fanning?

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Humidity tent shelf setup, am I doing it right? [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #14476117 - 05/18/11 11:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I use a similar setup. I let the tubs go until they are a bit dry, then wet them well to replace lost moisture.
If it's warm, once or twice a day. Cooler days, it'll be a day or two in between.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblewygram
Myconaut

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity tent shelf setup, am I doing it right? [Re: Doc_T]
    #14476188 - 05/18/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think the holes you have in that, plus the fanning, are giving you enough air exchange. It doesn't need to be wrapped up as tight as you have it. Leaving slits open in the sides will definitely improve the environment, increasing evaporation, which is then replaced through misting.

--------------------
Changing your mind is one of the best ways of finding out whether or not you still have one.

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Humidity tent shelf setup, am I doing it right? [Re: wygram]
    #14477859 - 05/19/11 10:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wygram said:
I don't think the holes you have in that, plus the fanning, are giving you enough air exchange. It doesn't need to be wrapped up as tight as you have it. Leaving slits open in the sides will definitely improve the environment, increasing evaporation, which is then replaced through misting.

Well i do have only 6 blocks per shelf so there is technically more air space than a monotub.  I have a couple hygrometers in them now and it looks like humidity drops below 90 overnight and most of the condensation is evaporated off plastic so i think im good.  I will take your advice and cut slits on sides if things don't work out.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Humidity tent shelf setup, am I doing it right? [Re: Doc_T]
    #14477894 - 05/19/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
I use a similar setup. I let the tubs go until they are a bit dry, then wet them well to replace lost moisture.
If it's warm, once or twice a day. Cooler days, it'll be a day or two in between.

I like your tub thread Doc_T.  When you mist it do you also mist the bulk sub?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds