Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Well written.
    #1447573 - 04/10/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Well written. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1447586 - 04/10/03 05:43 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Well written. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1447594 - 04/10/03 05:46 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

You should work on that self image a bit.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1447627 - 04/10/03 06:00 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

On a serious note, I read the first article, but it was so mind-bogglingly dumb that my brain couldn't handle reading another one. That guy is like Rush Limbaugh's Jewish cousin.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1447667 - 04/10/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Well you know what they say about opinions.

Personally, I think he (for the most part) is right.

Liberals (many) are angry little twits who wouldn't have enough sense to come out of the rain. IMO of course.

I believe they mean well and think they are doing right. I also believe they (mostly) are wrong.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1447685 - 04/10/03 06:23 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

The second article brings a question to my mind. What do the lefts say about Clinton dodging the draft in comparison to Bush disappearing from duty for awhile?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1447695 - 04/10/03 06:25 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Great article. I really enjoyed it.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1447706 - 04/10/03 06:30 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

heh, I completely agree with that guys account of the liberal crap that goes on in our so called "institutions of higher learning", he's dead on.

all the other crap he says just sounds like he's angry and venting and I wouldn't put too much stock in it, especially when he bring up McCarthyism in Hollywood to support(!) his argument.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Well written. [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1447707 - 04/10/03 06:30 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

The second article brings a question to my mind. What do the lefts say about Clinton dodging the draft in comparison to Bush disappearing from duty for awhile?

Bad mouth their golden boy? Rarely happens, which is sad.

The following is a generalization.....
While the right leaning members here often slam Bush and the congress for the Patriot Act, how often do you see a leftie slam Clinton for the IRS audits and files?

You'll see many here slam Bush and his kids for coke, yet you see nothing about Clinton not inhaling or that butt ugly Chelsea being carried out of bars drunk.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1447786 - 04/10/03 06:59 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Some things about NewsMax:

"According to the prospectus, Scaife owns about 7.2 percent of NewsMax Media, expected to drop to 5.8 percent after the IPO. That's not exactly surprising, given that CEO Christopher Ruddy used to work for Scaife at his newspaper near Pittsburgh. Scaife's official stake -- and you have to wonder, given Scaife's reputation as the moneybag behind a lot of hardline conservatives, if he didn't kick in even more than his official share of the company indicates -- makes him NewsMax's third largest shareholder. At the top is Ruddy, with 32.6 percent (27.1 percent after the IPO), followed by Michael Ruff (with 25 percent, or 20.3 percent after the IPO), described in the prospectus as a former real estate developer in Dallas and current president of Icarus Investments, a venture capital firm. There are a total of 190 stockholders of record.

All totaled, Ruddy and the company's directors -- who also include Arnaud de Borchgrave, late of the Washington Times; former Navy admiral Thomas Moorer; and Lord William Rees-Moog, a former editor and current columnist for the Times of London -- control about 64 percent of NewsMax Media through stock ownership and stock options, which would drop to 53.5 percent after the IPO. Interestingly, Scaife is not listed as a company director, but his stock is counted with the rest of the other named directors."

..."According to the prospectus, data collected in 2000 shows that NewsMax's "user base" has some money and power: 70 percent with an annual income of more than $50,000; 25 percent with a net worth of more than $500,000; 25 percent are "top level management/executives/directors."

Who is Richard Mellon Scaife?
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/27/scaife.profile/
http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/scaife.html
http://www.cjr.org/year/81/4/scaife.asp -- Citizen Scaife as dubbed by the Columbia Journalism review

I can go on and on. Do you guys even care who feeds you the news anymore tho? I mean really.. just admit it. When reading a source, do you ever question its motives?

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (04/10/03 07:04 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1447800 - 04/10/03 07:04 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I like that chart ... !! :laugh:

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Well written. [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1447830 - 04/10/03 07:14 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

yeah I couldn't get through it. I read a ways into the first one waiting for the guy to make some points but it was basically

"Y'know what? Liberals, that is, left-wing people, are actually communists. So is Hollywood. I mean, as a right-wing newsman who thinks he knows something, I would say that liberals are, judging by my own values, a bunch of jerks!"

Amazing dude, post some more. Actually no, post something from a left wing guy who's like:

"Y'know what? The right is a bunch of evil people!"

It would be equally convincing. Then I could read it and be like

"gee whiz, this guy is so bang-on. What a well-written essay and an amazing conclusion .. the right is a bunch of dinosaur business men who are evil. I sure like reading one-sided articles that reinforce my ill-thought out dogmatic political beliefs."

lame...

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Well written. [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1447839 - 04/10/03 07:18 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

PsiloKitten writes:

I can go on and on.

And I'm sure you will.

Do you guys even care who feeds you the news anymore tho?

This isn't news, it's an op-ed (opinion editorial) piece. It's no more news than the Leftie/Libby/Loonie opinion editorials that RadioActiveSlug (for example) reproduces in their entirety at the beginning of each thread he creates here. At least LuvDemShrooms provided us with just the link rather than sucking up bandwidth.

If you choose to disregard the personal experiences of the author, and his characterization of Columbia graduates, you are of course free to do so. But to disregard his experiences purely because the owner of the website on which they are posted is a capitalist is, at best, hypocritical.

"According to the prospectus, data collected in 2000 shows that NewsMax's "user base" has some money and power: 70 percent with an annual income of more than $50,000;

Gasp! Ohmigod! 70% of the people who read that site actually make slightly more than the American average income!

...25 percent with a net worth of more than $500,000...

Golly! 25 per cent have actually managed to buy a house and plan for their retirement years!

... 25 percent are "top level management/executives/directors."

Shocking! Successful people actually patronize a website whose marketing plan is geared towards successful people!

pinky

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Well written. [Re: Phred]
    #1447899 - 04/10/03 07:38 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

William Randolph Hearst was one of those equal oppurtunity employers too.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/articles/0,15114,373477,00.html

I hope he is as good as exposing the game of liberal media as his forte of gambling.. or maybe his new hobby of motivational speaking.

Here is an opposing view that critiques this article:
http://www.patriotist.com/lang.htm

Heh. and a quote
..."Wayne Allyn Root started and failed at several businesses while still in his 20s. When he decided to become a national sports anchor, he was rejected by hundreds of TV networks. But Root persevered and today is a sports anchor for USA Networks and a successful motivational speaker. In this excerpt from his new book, The Joy of Failure (Summit Publishing Group), Root reveals the nine "Power Principles" that helped him develop a positive attitude and turn failure into success." -- www.entrepenuer.com feb 97

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (04/10/03 07:43 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1448009 - 04/10/03 08:24 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

While the right leaning members here often slam Bush and the congress for the Patriot Act, how often do you see a leftie slam Clinton for the IRS audits and files?

How can you even compare those two things?

Quote:

You'll see many here slam Bush and his kids for coke, yet you see nothing about Clinton not inhaling or that butt ugly Chelsea being carried out of bars drunk.

One of those drugs is legal and the other isn't. Also, it's the hypocrisy of having a president who's so hard on drugs, but has done drugs themselves. I'm also angry at Mr. "I didn't inhale" for the same reason.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1448113 - 04/10/03 08:59 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Hey, I've got an idea! Let's all decide to be affiliated with one of the two big political parties in our country, whether we know anything about what the fuck is going on in the world or not. Then let's get pissy whenever someone on the "other" side does something, even if it's a good thing. And we'll applaud like tards when someone in our party does something, even if it sucks. Yeah, that would be awesome!

LDS: You call yourself a libertarian, why do you constantly side with republicans and denounce liberals, no matter what they are doing? Your money must be a lot more important to you than your civil rights.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Well written. [Re: ]
    #1448142 - 04/10/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I know. I laugh whenever LDS claims to be libertarian.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1448146 - 04/10/03 09:10 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

How can you even compare those two things?

Easy, they both have the stink of a police state.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1448192 - 04/10/03 09:24 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Well written?

Lol...it sounds like something that came out of a tabloid.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Well written. [Re: ]
    #1448836 - 04/11/03 04:15 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

LDS: You call yourself a libertarian, why do you constantly side with republicans and denounce liberals, no matter what they are doing? Your money must be a lot more important to you than your civil rights.

Actually, try reading the platform. Sitting here this morning the only thing I can think of that I disagree with the libertarians on is their stance on immigration.
http://www.lp.org/issues/

When they stand a chance of winning, I'll vote the way I think. In the mean time.... with only two VIABLE possibilities, I'll vote Republican more often than not. Their stance most closely approximates the Libertarians.

Why do I denounce liberals? I think many are fools. I find them to be willing to overlook virtually everything "their" candidate does, no matter how crappy. Meanwhile, they are quick to bash much, if not most, of what the opposing side does.

I find them quick to anger when things don't go their way. Slow to admit error. Willing to bitch when a right they like is threatened, but who then fail to speak out for other rights.

I find many liberals (and of course some conservatives) willing to distort and exaggerate, and outright lie, if they think it will help their position.

They are quick to condem anyone who doesn't look through the same rose colored glasses.

Frankly, for the most part, I don't think too highly of liberals.
I think only a bit better of most conservatives.
I think quite highly of most Libertarians.

I believe in personal responsibility.

I think liberals, again.. for the most part, want the government to be all things to all people. That is, as long as the people the government is doing things for agree with the positions espoused by the liberals.

And that, is why (amoung other reasons) I consider myself a Libertarian.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1448895 - 04/11/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Any chance your view of liberals is coloured by the fact that they disagree with your viewpoints on most things?

Say, do you think they would attatch all those labels you mention in your post to you because you dont agree with their opinions?

Gotta love lables and either/or logic. Its so charming in a 20th century way! :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Well written. [Re: GazzBut]
    #1449219 - 04/11/03 09:21 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

If that's all you can come up with, you should re-read my post.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1449227 - 04/11/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

:grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1449233 - 04/11/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Why do I denounce liberals? I think many are fools. I find them to be willing to overlook virtually everything "their" candidate does, no matter how crappy. Meanwhile, they are quick to bash much, if not most, of what the opposing side does.

Quote:

find them quick to anger when things don't go their way. Slow to admit error. Willing to bitch when a right they like is threatened, but who then fail to speak out for other rights.

I find many liberals (and of course some conservatives) willing to distort and exaggerate, and outright lie, if they think it will help their position.

They are quick to condem anyone who doesn't look through the same rose colored glasses.

There you go..now you can reread my post!  :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1449444 - 04/11/03 11:04 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Actually, try reading the platform. Sitting here this morning the only thing I can think of that I disagree with the libertarians on is their stance on immigration.
http://www.lp.org/issues/

Links down. Google Cache of the page

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1449463 - 04/11/03 11:16 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

That was a poorly writen article....what i read of it anyways... :tongue:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1449507 - 04/11/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I didn't need to read the article.

If Luv says it's well written that's good enough for me.

[quickly ducks and runs out of the thread]

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1449702 - 04/11/03 12:29 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

You'll see many here slam Bush and his kids for coke

Where? I've never seen anyone slam Bush's kid for coke. Where have you seen this luvvie?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Well written. [Re: Xlea321]
    #1450139 - 04/11/03 02:42 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I did it once. :smirk:

I was complaining about how someone could be so harsh on drug use, when they themselves *once* experimented, and have to deal with it in thier family.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale