Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetriptones
triptones
Loc: SPACE
ID help please
    #1447398 - 04/10/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i am in oregon, i found a mushroom that comes pretty close to the description of panaeolus subalteatus but it has a ring from the veil. im trying to get a digicam from a friend, and a telescope to check out the spores. ive found no blueing yet, they are banded moist around the edge of the cap where they stay lighter colored almost blonde, three zones of color on the cap, slight to no hairs on the stem that is whitish turnig goldish brown with undertones, but no cinnimin red tones in the stem,

if anyone has any suggestions or pics that might match the description it would be greatly appriciated

--------------------
commit more crimes hate more people think of new original ways to do it go on man just go out and really piss someone off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ID help please [Re: triptones]
    #1447780 - 04/10/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Where was it growing... what was it growing from?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID help please [Re: triptones]
    #1448181 - 04/10/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Unfortunately, mushrooms like that fall into the category of LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms), of which there are a gazillion species which are bafflingly similar.

To have any chance of accurately identifying it to species we'll need a more detailed description. As angryshroom asked, what was the habitat? What was it growing on/from? What kinds of trees were nearby? What color is the spore print? What color are the gills? Are the gills mottled? Is there any odor to the mushroom? Is the cap smooth (use a magnifier to check), are there tiny hairs, is it slimy or sticky?

If you can provide us with some of those sort of details we'll give it a try.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags