Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality
    #14467576 - 05/17/11 11:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This morning I awoke from a dream which showed a beautiful spectrum of light – from red to violet. I perceived this light as radiating from one source, just as a crystal cuts white light into a rainbow. As you know, all of the visible Universe, without the aid of instruments, can be perceived along this spectrum of visible light. 

This visible spectrum is only a small fraction of reality – a minuscule wavelength that our sense perceptions are receptive to. In my dream I saw this spectrum of light as a fractal of consciousness. The idea is that all physical matter is essentially light-energy slowed down in a way it is perceived as matter from our perspective.

The burning of wood into fire is the process of the light energy being freed into its faster, more natural form. All forms of energy are moving towards this state of less entropy. All living things radiate light: "The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal. Japanese researchers have shown that the body emits visible light, 1,000 times less intense than the levels to which our naked eyes are sensitive. In fact, virtually all living creatures emit very weak light, which is thought to be a byproduct of biochemical reactions involving free radicals."

The picture I am trying to paint here is that of a Universe all coming from one source. Physical reality is one distortion of that source, a small wavelength of that source. However, the Universe is holographic in nature, so our consciousness has access – through what is commonly called intuitive faculties – to the source itself. The Universe, consisting of fractals, has innumerous other spectrums which may or may not bleed into our perception of reality. Take a look at the galaxies in my signature and imagine them as a form of organized consciousness.

In short, all is made of light energy in some form, which could be considered synonymous with consciousness or the basic foundation of all things. The physical body and the physical Universe are one distortion of the source, however the part contains the whole – through our consciousness we have access to the whole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14467632 - 05/17/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
The physical body and the physical Universe are one distortion of the source

Nice, i like the idea of it being a distortion of the source
The other day the thought entered my head - this entire universe is an exaggeration

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #14467654 - 05/17/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a hell of a dream. Do you have these kind of dreams often?

Damn, I feel sorry for people that are blind... :blindfury:

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality [Re: The Phleg]
    #14467696 - 05/17/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Chronic said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

The other day the thought entered my head - this entire universe is an exaggeration

That's a cool idea. The cosmic play? :cool: It reminds me of the important idea that both "good" and "evil" come from the same source. :yinyang:

Quote:

pyrate999 said:
Sounds like a hell of a dream. Do you have these kind of dreams often?

Damn, I feel sorry for people that are blind... :blindfury:

This was one of those dreams you have right before you wake up - in that "twilight zone" between sleep and waking. I have them often but I can't recall another dealing with this idea.

Interestingly, I've read that blind people who have had OBEs are able to see with a form of projected tactile vision, where they can literally feel-see everything around them. :cool:

InvisibleChronic7
    #14467776 - 05/17/11 12:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

The Chronic said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

That's a cool idea. The cosmic play? :cool: It reminds me of the important idea that both "good" and "evil" come from the same source. :yinyang:

Yeah remembering the one source settles the duality of good/bad

It used to really bother my mind that suffering existed as i'd tasted the universal bliss a few times but then the suffering didn't make any sense as it also seemed to be universal, was the universe good or bad?

I think when those kind of situations happen the source is already drawing your mind inwards to reflect on its own nature

--------------------

OfflineSolomon Ash
Nudibranch

#14467874 - 05/17/11 01:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Groovy.

The idea that light is consciousness or that the two are intertwined is common in the mystic scriptures, lots of talk about light and the kinds of light in the Upanishads for example.

And "illumination" as a mystic state means to be filled with light.

I have had lucid dreams where I saw insane color spectrum fractals in the sky that absolutely blew my mind. i actually believe I saw colors in the dream that my waking eyes cannot see and my waking brain cannot process, possibly those parts of the spectrum that we cannot see in waking life can be accessed during dreams and drug trips.

From the Mundaka Upanishad : The dancing flames of the sacred fire are seven: the black, the terrific, that which is swift as the mind, that which is dark with smoke, the deep red, the spark-blazing and the luminous omniformed flame...

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality [Re: Solomon Ash]
    #14467900 - 05/17/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Solomon Ash said:
I have had lucid dreams where I saw insane color spectrum fractals in the sky that absolutely blew my mind. i actually believe I saw colors in the dream that my waking eyes cannot see and my waking brain cannot process, possibly those parts of the spectrum that we cannot see in waking life can be accessed during dreams and drug trips.

Me too man! It's almost like they are hard to remember because the waking mind tries to contextualize it into a framework it can process. I've heard people describe them as "cartoonist" colors. Psychedelics open us up to more of the spectrum as well.

Also, similar to illumination, En-light-enment.

OfflineForever White Belt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14468144 - 05/17/11 02:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cool beans cOsmO!!

I have been fascinated with this subject lately been reading lots o books about light thanks for sharing!!

Ever heard of a pinhole camera?

--------------------
The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
      J. B. S. Haldane

The quest of the absolute leads into the four-dimensional world.
Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality [Re: Forever White Belt]
    #14468466 - 05/17/11 03:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Forever White Belt said:
Ever heard of a pinhole camera?

Wow, they make some cool photos! This is a 6 month exposure:

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #14468997 - 05/17/11 05:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, very interesting dream indeed!

Quote:

pyrate999 said:
Interestingly, I've read that blind people who have had OBEs are able to see with a form of projected tactile vision, where they can literally feel-see everything around them. :cool:

I remember watching an interview once of a blind woman, blind her whole life, who got into a nasty car accident.  She was rushed to the hospital and wen't into cardiac arrest and then died, fortunately they were able to resuscitate her.  Later on, she told people what happened..  She claimed that she was able to actually see for the first time in her life!  She was apparently in the operating room in the top corner watching the doctors work on a woman's body.  She then realized it was her body because of the hair length and her wedding ring.

Totally awesome story.  I'm usually pretty skeptical about people who claim things like this, but the truth and conviction in her eyes was enough for me.  She wasn't looking for publicity, she just wanted to share this beautiful story with the world.

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

Edited by Satyapriya (05/17/11 08:39 PM)

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Light, Consciousness, and the Fractal Reality [Re: Satyapriya]
    #14474559 - 05/18/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nice cosmonautt.

:congrats:

OfflineKirbz09
Stranger
    #14502620 - 05/24/11 01:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You should check out Gregg Braden's Fractal Time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom