Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushyMan
Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them?
    #1445822 - 04/10/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My dog has 2 casings of malabar, both are pining, only the pins look so werid and the caps are almost not there. I thought I have read on this forum before that the malabar has some ugly werid looking pins, is this true? I sure hope so, otherwise my dogs gonna have so funny looking shrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? [Re: MushyMan]
    #1445825 - 04/10/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Who did you get them from?

Believe it or not it makes a difference.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineMushyMan
Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1445852 - 04/10/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I got them from the TLG :-)

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? *DELETED* [Re: MushyMan]
    #1445963 - 04/10/03 08:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineMushyMan
Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1446160 - 04/10/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well the pins look so different from the creeper strain my dog has. It's almost to hard to explain what they look like they all are a little different. But none the less they are all werid. I'll borrow a digital camera I hope and show you people!

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
    #1446484 - 04/10/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just started some popcorn w/ Malabar from TLG a few days ago. I'll let you know how mine goes.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

OfflineMushyMan
Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? [Re: Vertigo]
    #1446520 - 04/10/03 12:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ok, cause these pins are like I once said WERID

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
    #1446701 - 04/10/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm on my second flush with the Malabars from TLG.  Great potent strain!  Alot of pins start out without a noticeable cap and a fat stem.  On the second flush the caps are a bit more pronounced it seems.  Some of the Malabar veils will not break completely, only tear at certain positions, while others break all the way.  Wait a few days and those pins should start to look right, at least mine did :smile:

peace

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1446902 - 04/10/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I saw some that looked like double pins merged together , some that were extermly fat , some that looked like the run of the mill pins . I think this is norm for the species . But none I say none came out looking like the ones at SporeWorks , that awesome photo is what incouraged my Cousin IT to try them out . But one thing for sure they do not require cold temps to induce fruiting , this is a major bonus for us folks who live in HELL ! Printing them can be a bit tricky , due to veil like to stay attached , and many caps came out odd shaped , also stems cut harder than most making it tough to get close to cap without touching the gills themselves .
Good Luck
PS They bruise a real pretty blue with minimal handling .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMushyMan
Re: Malabar Pin's, Who has seen them? [Re: tripndicular]
    #1447019 - 04/10/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

awesome guys what you discribed is almost exactly what they look like, it seems to have two pins exactly :-P

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1447140 - 04/10/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen this on every batch of the Mals. When they grow out they look normal, sure are trippy looking when they are little.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1447428 - 04/10/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

IT may have a pic laying around of youngster MALAS , that were funky looking in camera , will check later this eve , and post it here if he does .
The colors of blue in bruises have been spectacular , hope this is a sign from the Mushroom Goddess ! :wink: :wink: 
PS Do not print these oddballs , in time mutations may become minimized , but my theory is the fact that they like warm temps , or were developed to like warm temps , these oddballs are throw backs from selecting that trait . Just my wiered opinon ! :blush:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (04/10/03 04:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds