Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
US Propoganda
    #1444545 - 04/09/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

See what the rest of us see: Click here

You guys are absolutely screwed in the head if you think a few pockets of pro-US iraqis are represntative of the Iraqi civilian population! They can't even get the Iraqis to rise up against Saddam! In fact, they're blowing themselves up in his name! Journalists can take a few happy snaps of anything to provide effective propoganda.

They showed an expose on Aus TV recently about how US journalists are filming Kuwaities celebrating the US invasion of Iraq and claiming that they're actually from Iraq.

Geez, you should come over here and read a paper or watch the news. Your coverage is totally biased and full of propoganda. An American friend of mine recently visited and she insisted that she just "could not believe" it was even the same war! The difference is sooo great in Australian, UK and European media coverage than it is in the US.

For those gun waving, conservative yanks out there: The Iraqi people are not happy at getting the absolute shit bombed out of them. They are not a bunch of turban wearing, moustached fanatics happy to see their homes destroyed and their friends turned into piles of crimson mush in the name of Uncle Sam's "Freedom".

And no, God is not on your side. Unless you worship a god that you think would honestly support the heavy bombing of a foreign country, resulting in mass civilian (not to mention military) death and destruction.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/09/03 09:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: US Propoganda [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #1444584 - 04/09/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No one likes being bombed.

Everyone likes their freedom.

Will you seriously claim that deposing Saddam Hussein is not bringing the Iraqi people a new level of a freedom, one theyve never experienced before?

Please do not dodge the question by saying that freeing the iraqis is not a valid reason to bomb the shit out of them. I already know this.

A simple yes or no will be sufficient.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1444595 - 04/09/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How can you be that blind? You guys never give up. I suppose to save face you have to stick to your ways I guess.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1444598 - 04/09/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You also need to realize that not everything is propoganda. These people are glad to see Saddam gone.
I would not mind being bombed if the end result is my freedom.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: US Propoganda [Re: ]
    #1444612 - 04/09/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I do claim that.

I know that's what your eggplant-IQed President and FOX network is trying to tell you though.

I do however believe that most pro-war Americans have the best at heart and believe they are doing the right thing.

I think they're just ignorant of the facts.

Bagdhad was an intellectual and cultural center of the Arab world before the UN sanctions. Bagdhad University is one of the largest and most respected in the world. The average Iraqi was fairly well off. Despite their dictator leader, Iraq was a rich country, and their people were prosperous.

Iraq was NOT a country of raggily clad starving militant religous fanatics that the US media likes to portray them as.

UN Sanctions (that I happened to agree with) crippled Iraq. My point is this:- The Iraqi people once had a fair amount of freedom. Granted, not what we have here, but a HELL of a lot better than many other places in the world.

Now, on to the current war. The US led state that will follow the war is NOT going to be popular in the middle east. This war has been one of the biggest US blunders of the century, and I think you will soon see I am right.

The Arab world is not going to sit by idiley as the US occupy Iraq. There are going to be serious backlashings through-out the middleast for decades to come due to this. The innocent Iraqi people - who have already survived bombing in 1991, ten years of sanctions, and now even more bombing are going to get caught in the crossfire once again. For the next ten or twenty years.

That is what the US have bought Iraq. Bombs, poverty and now more bombs. As an unrelated coincidence, the job of putting out all the oil fires in Iraq, and the job of rebuilding the Iraqi oil industry has gone to...who? US Oil companys? Yes, that's right.

I know the average American person doesn't mean anything malicous, but seriously:- Open your eyes.

Click the link at the top of my original post.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/09/03 09:28 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1444621 - 04/09/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That's just your skewed view based off of nothing factual.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1444623 - 04/09/03 09:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well said.

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters.
African Proverb

--------------------

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: US Propoganda [Re: Murex]
    #1444625 - 04/09/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What's not factual?

Is that the best retort you've got?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1444627 - 04/09/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

As an unrelated coincidence, the job of putting out all the oil fires in Iraq, and the job of rebuilding the Iraqi oil industry has gone to...who? US Oil companys? Yes, that's right.

Who do you propose should do it? We are going to pay them market price for their oil. We will no rob them blind.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#1444631 - 04/09/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Holy shit you're gonna get ripped apart.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: US Propoganda [Re: z@z.com]
    #1444644 - 04/09/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Gee, I'd love to see someone take something I say and actually argue the facts. Instead of just saying "You're going to get ripped apart" (by who!? Nobody has even tried yet) or "You're just blind". Atleast make it a challenge for me, people!

I'll start the ball rolling by demonstrating what I mean by "proper argument":-

Quote:

You also need to realize that not everything is propoganda. These people are glad to see Saddam gone.
I would not mind being bombed if the end result is my freedom.

Which people are you talking about? The men and women stapping dynamite to their bodies and blowing themselves up? The 13 year old kids screaming Arabic curses while firing AK-47s at coalition forces? Or the hundreds of Iraqi civilians that have been blown to pieces by US bombs?

Don't beleive what you see on TV. Everyone speaking a foreign language with a black moustache is NOT an Iraqi. You're seeing Kuwaities, and your local propoganda station, FOX (don't worry, FOX is the same here), is just telling you they're Iraqi. If they were really Iraqi, don't you think there would have been a popular civilian uprising against Sadam by now?

Not only is there none, they continue to die in his name.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/09/03 09:10 PM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1444650 - 04/09/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Don't beleive what you see on TV. Everyone speaking a foreign language with a black moustache is NOT an Iraqi. You're seeing Kuwaities, and your local propoganda station, FOX (don't worry, FOX is the same here), is just telling you they're Iraqi.

HAHAHAHAAHa I needed a good laugh.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1444655 - 04/09/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't say it wasn't factual (the pics anyway), but it's totally one-sided and biased!

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: US Propoganda [Re: Murex]
    #1444656 - 04/09/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In other words propaganda.

--------------------

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1444658 - 04/09/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Seriously, if this is the best you've got for me, I quit now. I'm obvioulsy scraping the barrel for a proper, intelligent and informed discussion here.

Not one person has provided a good counter argument. Immaculate atleast gave an honest question, but that's the best I've got out of you mob yet.

Bye.

Anonymous

#1444664 - 04/09/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This thread is absolutely wonderful. Ill be back in a min.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1444667 - 04/09/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I will respond with a good argument when I get a good one from you. All you have said is that you don't believe them. How am I to counter that?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1444677 - 04/09/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I will respond with a good argument when I get a good one from you. All you have said is that you don't believe them. How am I to counter that?

The answer to that z@z is just agree and pretend to be his friend. You see its like getting a knock at the door from Jahovas Witnesses.

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: US Propoganda [Re: ]
    #1444679 - 04/09/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Will you seriously claim that deposing Saddam Hussein is not bringing the Iraqi people a new level of a freedom, one theyve never experienced before?

Im gonna jump in and say no.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/5488914.htm

you can not forcbly democratize a country by comming along and bombiong them and installing a new govt.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1444684 - 04/09/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, z@z

If you really know anything about what you're talking about, then answer me this. It's a complex issue, you should be able to write a bloody essay on it. But I'd be happy to get a paragraph judging on what you've given me so far.

Atleast you're up for it, unlike Tacklberry and those other propoganda-inhaling monkeys.

Q. If the Iraqi people are so glad to get rid of Saddam, then why:-
i. Is there no popular civilain uprising after 20 days, despite the US predicting one in the first few days of conflict?
ii. Do men and women continue to blow themselves up in suicide missions in Saddam's name?

Easy, peasy, one would think. So give it to me...

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/09/03 09:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]