Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Personality types as part of account
    #14443901 - 05/13/11 07:47 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

It would be rather interesting for learning and experimentation if the four letter myers-briggs personality type appeared next to gender, avatar, and loc in persons accounts.

Sure you could add it under your name or in your quote but who the hell does that?

It would give the forums another purpose, I could socialize, talk about drugs, and learn about personality in a much deeper way than reading about it; I would be living it, its real world experience(through the internet:awedance:)

In school and at work I often wonder what it would be like if everyone had their personality shown, certain people are hard to define. Its very easy for me to read males but transfer the same personality to female and everything changes:confused:.

With such a big community to work this with it would give the shroomery an advantage over the rest of tha world in both site organization and the education of the people therein

It would make one :Awemazing: experiment, and whats there to lose? Heres hoping some open minded admin will think this over and give it a shot:shrug:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14443920 - 05/13/11 08:04 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

That would be kind of sick actually

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14447201 - 05/13/11 09:00 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Right, man I keep posing ideas like this for experimentation with the site and nothing happens. Somebody notices it and likes it but without mod/admin support it comes nowhere close to becoming a reality.

Simple changes like this could be quickly added and if it somehow degraded the fabric of the site it could be quickly removed. The only way to advance is through experimentation, thats how we all ended up here, through drug experimentation:ganja::trippinballs::deemsters: so everyone should value the concept. I would say I wish I had more power around here to change things but all I want is the change(the ends not the means in other words).

Time for me to ride an LSA rollercoaster out of this world, wish me :goodluck:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
    #14448852 - 05/14/11 01:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'd be down with that for sure. :grin:

My assumption is that most users have not taken the test though. :shrug:

The test seems flimsy though. I took it once in a professional setting as part of a 3000-level psychology course, and I came out INFJ. The description of that personality is a far cry from who I really am. Apparently this person is very focused on ritual and almost fundamentalist when it comes to law. That's about as far removed from who I am as it gets.

I then took the test through the "Please Understand Me" textbook, and came out as an INTJ. THAT personality description is almost exactly who I am. People who know me say the same thing as well; 'INFJ isn't who you are.'

In both cases, I was about ~30% in either direction as a "T" or as a "F." Not exactly split down the middle. :ohwell:

Apparently INTJ is uncommon.

EDIT_ I now read that only the test-taker themselves can determine which personality is them? :justdontknow:

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Edited by faceyneck (05/14/11 01:58 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: Wise Toad] * 3
    #14449661 - 05/14/11 07:02 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Right, man I keep posing ideas like this for experimentation with the site and nothing happens.

Yes. Because every idea that has the support of 2 or 3 people deserves immediate action.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #14451406 - 05/14/11 03:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faceyneck said:
I'd be down with that for sure. :grin:

My assumption is that most users have not taken the test though. :shrug:

The test seems flimsy though. I took it once in a professional setting as part of a 3000-level psychology course, and I came out INFJ. The description of that personality is a far cry from who I really am. Apparently this person is very focused on ritual and almost fundamentalist when it comes to law. That's about as far removed from who I am as it gets.

I then took the test through the "Please Understand Me" textbook, and came out as an INTJ. THAT personality description is almost exactly who I am. People who know me say the same thing as well; 'INFJ isn't who you are.'

In both cases, I was about ~30% in either direction as a "T" or as a "F." Not exactly split down the middle. :ohwell:

Apparently INTJ is uncommon.

EDIT_ I now read that only the test-taker themselves can determine which personality is them? :justdontknow:

Self judging is definitely more accurate than the binary questions on the test, there is no stable room for middle ground. I fluctuate back and forth between INFP and INTP every time I take the test, it seems to depend on my mood at the time.

There should be some middle factor(or letter) if you cant place yourself definitively in one category or the other, its all to what extent.

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Right, man I keep posing ideas like this for experimentation with the site and nothing happens.

Yes. Because every idea that has the support of 2 or 3 people deserves immediate action.

If immediate action is not taken then nothing will happen, who is going to look at this a year from now and suddenly want to implement the idea. Its not like the whole board is suddenly going to start posting in this one thread, value must be given to what few responses are had. Without experimentation there is no room for advancement. Too many of these have dwindled off despite large support beyond just a few people without the right people its not going anywhere.

Thats just me tho, id like to see the shroomery changed in cool ways but im not trying to push anything on it; its up to everyone:shrug:

Almost forgot, I searched the idea earlier and found this, it seems to work for them. I like the organization of the site but would have to spend significant time away from the shroomery to enjoy it elsewhere (which Im not willing to do)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: Wise Toad] * 1
    #14454644 - 05/15/11 04:11 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Right, man I keep posing ideas like this for experimentation with the site and nothing happens. Somebody notices it and likes it but without mod/admin support it comes nowhere close to becoming a reality.

Hi Wise Toad

Some things you might want to consider:

Those interested can allready put their personality type in their Title, Signature, Biography, Journal, et cet.  As such, this isn't something that needs actual technical changes to accomplish. 

Given this, I'd imagine that the administration would be more enthusiastic if there was some existing support for something like this.  If people allready added such information then it would be clear there's widespread support.  On the other hand, there's few people with the permissions and skills to modify the site in such a way, and why worry about it if it appears to be supported by just a handful of people who have a viable alternative?  (for example, moderators wouldn't have anything to do with this, and administrator would have to take action)

Ythan has made a bunch of changes to the site in ways like this in the past, but he said we was going to maybe take a bit of a break and slow down considering new requests.

Quote:

Wise Toad said:

If immediate action is not taken then nothing will happen, who is going to look at this a year from now and suddenly want to implement the idea. Its not like the whole board is suddenly going to start posting in this one thread, value must be given to what few responses are had. Without experimentation there is no room for advancement. Too many of these have dwindled off despite large support beyond just a few people without the right people its not going anywhere.

Thats just me tho, id like to see the shroomery changed in cool ways but im not trying to push anything on it; its up to everyone:shrug:

Well, is it?  I can't do the technical work required and I don't have the permissions needed to do so in the first place.  I'm also unwilling to hire a professional to do it.  Are you?

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: johnm214] * 1
    #14454705 - 05/15/11 04:47 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I thought about suggesting this also; info in the signature, bio etc. I wasn't sure however if Toad was suggesting putting in a Meyers-Briggs test on this site to take first or no.

I'll be the first, I suppose. I'm curious as to what - if anything - will happen. Maybe there will be more understanding in my posts. :justdontknow:

--------------------
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
    #14455254 - 05/15/11 10:25 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, interesting idea to place your personality type under your name.

I found I am an INFJ via this online test HERE.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #14455302 - 05/15/11 10:44 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

My book's written in gibberish.
Good luck reading it.

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Offlinedjnoktirnal
Ponderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: the psychabyss
Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: shadyy] * 1
    #14455318 - 05/15/11 10:51 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I took the test online too: INTJ
I think it would be intersting as well.

--------------------
WWJDWWMD's?

What Would Jesus Do With Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Invisiblesandi
omg

Loc: M6 (Butterfly Cluster)
Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: veggie] * 1
    #14455353 - 05/15/11 11:03 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

I've been intelligence tested before, not for personality, (also for learning disablities) and one thing I hate about the questions on the internet is that they are so incredibly vague compared to what you would get in person.

The answers could be yes or no depending on what situations pop into your head. For a real personality test you really should be looking at more detailed questions (or actually go get tested by a psychiatrist or the like). But, it's still fun I suppose...

That link gives me ISFJ as my personality, but at another site, I'm INFJ or "perhaps" INFP :P

--------------------

Edited by sandi (05/15/11 12:18 PM)

Invisiblesandi
omg

Loc: M6 (Butterfly Cluster)
    #14455382 - 05/15/11 11:13 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Simple changes like this could be quickly added and if it somehow degraded the fabric of the site it could be quickly removed.

Yeah, it would be pretty simple IMO to just add it as a new field in the sidebar. That'd be nicer than putting it in the sigs. A lot of people aren't going to want to modify their sig just to put it in, but would probably like to fill it out in their profile if the option was there. I like the idea.

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: sandi]
    #14457660 - 05/15/11 07:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

Wise Toad said:

Hi Wise Toad

Some things you might want to consider:

Those interested can allready put their personality type in their Title, Signature, Biography, Journal, et cet.  As such, this isn't something that needs actual technical changes to accomplish.

Read the second line of the OP, what im looking for is widespread usage of personality types and without some specific place to show yours there is little incentive. I hope to run into others iv never seen before who have their personality types shown. 

Quote:

Given this, I'd imagine that the administration would be more enthusiastic if there was some existing support for something like this.  If people allready added such information then it would be clear there's widespread support.  On the other hand, there's few people with the permissions and skills to modify the site in such a way, and why worry about it if it appears to be supported by just a handful of people who have a viable alternative?  (for example, moderators wouldn't have anything to do with this, and administrator would have to take action)

Yeah, I was expecting it to come down to the admins, thanks for showing up and giving us an idea of how the shroomery operates johnm(ever seen being john malkovich:grin:). Perhaps Ill be the first to add my personality to my account in hopes this system will eventually change.(edit before post) Veggie beat me to it, right on:awethumb: 

Quote:

Ythan has made a bunch of changes to the site in ways like this in the past, but he said we was going to maybe take a bit of a break and slow down considering new requests.

Thats understandable, Ythan has the site running smoothly; if nothing happens and this thread fizzles out I wont bring it up again.

Quote:

Quote:

Wise Toad said:

Well, is it?  I can't do the technical work required and I don't have the permissions needed to do so in the first place.  I'm also unwilling to hire a professional to do it.  Are you?

I didn't know that small account changes required the expertise of a professional. I wouldn't have brought it up if I knew it would cost the site money:tongue:

Quote:

faceyneck said:
I thought about suggesting this also; info in the signature, bio etc. I wasn't sure however if Toad was suggesting putting in a Meyers-Briggs test on this site to take first or no.

I'll be the first, I suppose. I'm curious as to what - if anything - will happen. Maybe there will be more understanding in my posts. :justdontknow:

I was suggesting just the four letter Myers-Briggs personality type be added under the avatar, see below for elucidations on the mechanisms to  aid each person in finding their personality beforehand.

Quote:

veggie said:

Hey Veggie :tardhi: you have the right idea:awegroove: Thanks for both the shroomery news and the support :sunny:

Quote:

sandi said:
Quote:

veggie said:

I've been intelligence tested before, not for personality, (also for learning disablities) and one thing I hate about the questions on the internet is that they are so incredibly vague compared to what you would get in person.

The answers could be yes or no depending on what situations pop into your head. For a real personality test you really should be looking at more detailed questions (or actually go get tested by a psychiatrist or the like). But, it's still fun I suppose...

That link gives me ISFJ as my personality, but at another site, I'm INFJ or "perhaps" INFP :P

You bring up a good point, if this ever gets set up we need to give each member (at least) two links. One link will be to a more complex personality test if we can find one; though the one veggie linked to has been very accurate for me we could look around for a longer, more accurate one. The other link will be to wikipedia; the test isn't everything, personality being so much about preference the person must define himself/herself to definitively know where they fit. Understanding oneself can be difficult:strokebeard3:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: djnoktirnal] * 1
    #14460144 - 05/16/11 02:40 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

djnoktirnal said:
I took the test online too: INTJ
I think it would be intersting as well.

No fair! :noway: I'm the only one who can be INTJ here. :lol:

Of the few people in my life I know their Meyers-Briggs personality types of, 3 out of 5 are INTJ. That's odd, I'd say. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: Wise Toad] * 2
    #14460533 - 05/16/11 04:49 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Geez. I always feel mean, but I tell stuff the way I think it. No holding back. I keep it real.

Sounds like a terribly lame idea and waste of time and resources. We already have so many options and "emotions" on here. It's already perhaps even too customized to fit individual needs. I can understand the need for most features though.

This seems like something that one could easily put in the profile. A description of your personality type or whatever you want it to be.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Personality types as part of account [Re: eris]
    #14461651 - 05/16/11 01:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

@facey: I find little connection with people unless their Introverted and iNtuitive, of my friends I have two INFPs, two INTJs, and an INTP and we get along great.

Sad that IN's make up between 4-18% of the population.

Iv had lots of SP friends in highschool but each would tune out whenever I started talking abstractly, trying to go deeper, or trying to change anything.

My step dads an SJ, too much of his focus is on politics, economics, and social norms/traditions.

Iv found many EN's who will go deeper and a few of my current friends fit into this category, yet, they have such a different approach. Without addressing which of the subtypes it's hard to elaborate(same goes for all of these temperaments) 

I try to be friends with everyone but see no point if others wont go deeper, its like there is a set limit on interests and information on so many and if I try to expand those horizons they start to push away or ignore.

@eris: Emotions have little to do with personality, plus they are a poor indicator of who a person is.

Those who have personality in their account are limited to this thread, even then it could be hard to understand why they have those 4 letters displayed without the context

The way I see it personality has more to do with social patterns, this has a much different significance than anything else displayed per accounts

Whats your personality, I couldn't tell from your account?

Edited by Wise Toad (05/16/11 02:03 PM)

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

#14477139 - 05/19/11 08:43 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

WiseToad said:

:burn:

:rofl2:

I get on much better with introverts for sure. Introverts are more interested in what's said than who's saying it, or how many people are saying it.

My father is almost the exact opposite personality than I am. The only thing we have in common is the "T." We don't get along very well. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #14478163 - 05/19/11 01:46 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wise Toad said:

yours is needy, and I could tell that without an indicator on your account.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #14478762 - 05/19/11 03:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

all we need to know if you're a liberal

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Ranch Dressing

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback