Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off.
    #14441158 - 05/12/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ive been trying to come up with a concept to refill my ultrasonic humidifier w/o having to take it off of the base.  anyone have any ideas or have a working refill way themself??  much help appreciated I just hate taking it off the base and walking it across the house once every day or day and a half...

--------------------
:alert: Disclaimer: Anything, I've said I do or done, or say is a complete facade of my dog Dr. Myco McRufferton's dream lifestyle. :alert:

Freestone Texas Grow

<<:mushroom2:Freestone Texas and B+ Prints available for Trade:mushroom2:>> PM me

My 5g Bucket Dehydrator Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Loc: Myco-tek.org
Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14441244 - 05/12/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hose :cheers:

--------------------
“Sacred cows make the best hamburger”

Mark Twain

Independant Research Foundation

OfflineRoastedPete
Noun
 User Gallery

Loc: The Candy Kingdom
Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14441494 - 05/12/11 06:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You could always drill a nice sized opening into the top and fit it with a rubber stopper... I have not done this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: RoastedPete]
    #14442549 - 05/12/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I saw this guy with this method to not necessarily refill but expand the size of the tank for the humidifier in a grow log. You could refill it without tanking the tank off it's base though. I can't find it but I drew you a diagram with instructions.

Drill hole on top of humidifier tank

Drill hole on the bottom of a large storage big and connect to humidifier hole with a hose using silicon (suggest using 1-2 inch hole)

Elevate the storage bin above the humidifier, this creates pressure to make the water constantly flow down to the humidifier.

You're 1 gallon humidifier tank is now a 45 gallon tank (or how ever big your storage bin is). You can now easily refill humidifier by pouring water into storage bin.

Note: You could repeat the process with another storage bin connected to the previous storage bin, for how ever much storage you want! (300 gallons!) If you are confused about this just let me know and I will draw you a picture.

OfflineLothario
Lovable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the middle
Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: gref]
    #14442678 - 05/12/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think that will work.

What I did was I bought

-5 gal rubber maid or sterlite whatever
-an aquarium float valve
-3/4 in tubing and fittings to connect tub to my coolmist
-marine silicone for some water proofing
-1/4 in tubing (not shown) for the water line to the float valve

Once it was hooked up I never had to add water. Just adjust the valve to the height of water in your humidifier

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #14442702 - 05/12/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to skip my usual hinting and get to the point.
Generally I like to give a clue and let people find the answer.

But in this case I'll come out and say it- you are asking for Legionnaire's Disease here.
Clean your humidifier weekly and refill with clean fresh water.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineLothario
Lovable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the middle
Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: Doc_T]
    #14442736 - 05/12/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Definitely needs to be kept spic and span.

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Loc: Myco-tek.org
Re: looking for a way to refill my ultrasonic w/o taking the tank off. [Re: Doc_T]
    #14443091 - 05/12/11 11:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:

But in this case I'll come out and say it- you are asking for Legionnaire's Disease here.

"Asking for Legionnaires' disease" What?

You have a better chance of dying in a car accident.

--------------------
“Sacred cows make the best hamburger”

Mark Twain

Independant Research Foundation

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

#14443477 - 05/13/11 01:52 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:

weekly was my plan my tank is about 1 gallon and i go thru it in a day. i tried a tank expansion and lets just say i tested it before i put it back on the base and it worked fine. then i set it on the base... watched it for a bit and came back to a pool. so i had to reseal my tank back up and say f**k it. i just spent 4 hours cleaning up a mess. i think ill stick to filling it daily..

--------------------
:alert: Disclaimer: Anything, I've said I do or done, or say is a complete facade of my dog Dr. Myco McRufferton's dream lifestyle. :alert:

Freestone Texas Grow

<<:mushroom2:Freestone Texas and B+ Prints available for Trade:mushroom2:>> PM me

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

#14443746 - 05/13/11 04:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

and.... its still leaking ... wonderful.. time to order a new one.. thank god today is my last day of class so ill be home to keep an eye out and change the "leak" pan. is there any way i can take the "ultrasonic" parts out an make one from the parts perhaps im sure there isnt much more damage i can do to the thing

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
    #14443763 - 05/13/11 04:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever seen a self watering pet bowl, if you could get a hole in the top of the reservoir and fill up a empty 2 or 3 liter bottle, tump it upside down in the hole with the reservoir and it would empty into it as the water level got lower, that would extend the time a little anyway. If you could get a bigger bottle it would make it last even longer. Any way you could get a water jug from an office water cooler to retrofit on there? Just stupid ideas and a waste of a post probably, but I hope that maybe it gives you an idea to fix your dilemma.:super:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order