Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
crystal voyager (pure unadulterated bliss)
    #1444164 - 04/09/03 08:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

has anyone seen the 1972 documentary "crytal voyager"?

here's a quote about it i've found..

"Crystal Voyager DVD

An uplifting surfing odyssey from George Greenough. Only a few films capture the essence of tube riding, that really make a stab at showing the viewer what it's like deep inside the Green Room, this is one of them. In the words of the film's creator "What matters is when you're in there, it's the time interval when you're inside the wave. Time enters space, a zone of its own. The only reality is what's happening right then". The soundtrack by Pink Floyd underlines the dream zone. "

"Dilys Powell of the Sunday Times was overcome by the "astonishing and beautiful camera work," while John Coleman of the New Statesman waxed lyrical - "the pictures are, putting it mildly, remarkable - molten water and men moving on it with unique grace - tunnels, spirals, worlds of waves - and humanoids on top." As for Alexander Walker: "Perspectives flatten a seascape into a field of ploughed-up furrows. Slow motion reveals the multitudinous beauties of sea water. Sometimes a wide-angled lens distorts the horizon's curvature: the world becomes a green ball you can throw up and catch...To see it all stone cold sober on a wintry morning is exhilarating. To see it 'stoned'... must be out of this world."

Come on! this has got to be an essential purchase, surely?? Tripping to that would be like visiting heaven. (like it's not already..)

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: crystal voyager (pure unadulterated bliss) [Re: Rob_K]
    #1444358 - 04/09/03 09:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Surfing or tubing?

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Re: crystal voyager (pure unadulterated bliss) [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1515628 - 05/02/03 07:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ah yes, the student loan came in so I could finally afford to buy this.. It's an absolute masterpiece. The first bit is kind of dull, just this guy talking about how he built his own boat and surfboard and stuff. But then comes the "echos" sequence and I can tell you right now it is one of the most beautiful and moving pieces of film you will ever see. Haven't had a chance to trip to it yet, but on weed it's enough to bring a tear to my eye.

It also features a 3 minute animated film called "Hot to Trot".. Man is that one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen. Synopsis- an australian pig in a suit walks his pet blob onto a boat which is a cross between a viking longboat and an aztec temple. The boat sails off accompained by this really chirpy pipe music. The blob waterskies behind the boat. More pigs dance to the music. Suddenly a giant snake comes out of the water and chases after them, but is eaten by a friendly monster. Then the captain pig throws an H bomb in the water to create a tidal wave and uses his massive ship as a surfboard. The ship washes up on a desert island where the captain takes 3 haiwain dancing girls out of his bag who feed him spliffs, Gin and mushrooms into his snout. He then breaks into lots of pieces. Then the island turns out to be the head of a sea monster which walks off into the sunset only to be eaten by the sun.

phew. Well that may sound ridiculous but when you're stoned it's seriously the funniest thing in the world. You know how sometimes you wish you could get the giggles on weed because everything becomes hilarious? well this guarantees it every time!

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports