Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 * 1
    #14435442 - 05/11/11 05:37 PM (10 years, 16 hours ago)

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act requires the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp.

Nine States--Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Vermont, and West Virginia--allow industrial hemp production or research in accord with state laws. However, federal law is standing in the way of farmers in these states growing what may be a very profitable crop. Because of current federal law, all hemp included in products sold in the United States must be imported instead of being grown by American farmers.

Since 1970, the federal Controlled Substances Act's inclusion of industrial hemp in the schedule one definition of marijuana has prohibited American farmers from growing industrial hemp despite the fact that industrial hemp has such a low content of THC (the psychoactive chemical in the related marijuana plant) that nobody can be psychologically affected by consuming hemp. Federal law concedes the safety of industrial hemp by allowing it to be legally imported for use as food.

The United States is the only industrialized nation that prohibits industrial hemp cultivation. The Congressional Research Service has noted that hemp is grown as an established agricultural commodity in approximately 30 nations in Europe, Asia, North America, and South America. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act will relieve this unique restriction on American farmers and allow them to grow industrial hemp in accord with state law.

Industrial hemp is a crop that was grown legally throughout the United States for most of our nation's history. In fact, during World War II, the federal government actively encouraged American farmers to grow industrial hemp to help the war effort. The Department of Agriculture even produced a film "Hemp for Victory'' encouraging the plant's cultivation.

In recent years, the hemp plant has been put to many popular uses in foods and in industry. Grocery stores sell hemp seeds and oil as well as food products containing oil and seeds from the hemp plant. Industrial hemp is also included in consumer products such as paper, cloths, cosmetics, carpet, and door frames of cars. Hemp has even been used in alternative automobile fuel.

It is unfortunate that the federal government has stood in the way of American farmers competing in the global industrial hemp market. Indeed, the founders of our nation, some of whom grew hemp, would surely find that federal restrictions on farmers growing a safe and profitable crop on their own land are inconsistent with the constitutional guarantee of a limited, restrained federal government. Therefore, I urge my colleagues to stand up for American farmers and cosponsor the Industrial Hemp Farming Act.

http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1863&Itemid=60

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: skatealex2]
    #14435458 - 05/11/11 05:41 PM (10 years, 16 hours ago)

:eek: this has been coming for a long time

i cant believe were going to see things come together

--------------------
★★

InvisibleThe Whale

Loc: Flag
Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: the human abstract]
    #14435480 - 05/11/11 05:46 PM (10 years, 16 hours ago)

Overgrow.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: skatealex2]
    #14435522 - 05/11/11 05:57 PM (10 years, 16 hours ago)

Good luck to Dr. Paul and his bill. Hemp is a very useful and versatile plant. Of course, the idiots in Washington cannot differentiate between hemp and marijuana, so it'll likely die an early death.

OfflineDrise
Regnarts
 User Gallery

Loc: Underwater
Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14436042 - 05/11/11 07:38 PM (10 years, 14 hours ago)

I'm pretty sure he presents this bill every possible session. It would be such a value to the farmers of america even though they don't deserve it. Most dont believe in evolution and can't understand why their pesticides stop working after a few years because the pests have been bred to be resistant and the idea of artificial selection is hell speak to the midwest

Must be frustrating to be a crop scientist

--------------------
"It is only once we've lost everything, we are free to do anything."

Everything I think, say, or do is fictional

OfflineOdd_Nonposter
Unrecognizable
Male

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: Drise] * 1
    #14437047 - 05/11/11 11:10 PM (10 years, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Drise said:
I'm pretty sure he presents this bill every possible session. It would be such a value to the farmers of america even though they don't deserve it. Most dont believe in evolution and can't understand why their pesticides stop working after a few years because the pests have been bred to be resistant and the idea of artificial selection is hell speak to the midwest

Must be frustrating to be a crop scientist

Your stereotype of the American farmer is insulting and demeaning. We are not the bunch of ignorant morons you depict us as.

We understand perfectly the concepts and consequences of our pesticide usage. Weeds became resistant to atrazine, glyphosate, etc. because of economic circumstances. Corn is in high demand, so the logical thing to do is to grow as much of it as possible. We also want the most economical weed control option, and that often means using only one chemical. These conditions are exactly what you want if you want to evolve resistant pests.  Sure, we can do the ecological thing and tank mix, rotate crops, fallow fields, etc., but each of those brings an additional cost and represents lost profits.

We're not stupid, we're businessmen!

And also, artificial selection is the very pretense of agriculture. You mean to say that cattle ranchers don't select for and propagate their best producing animals? And that dairy farmers just pay hundreds of dollars for semen from a specific bull just for fun?

I'm sorry, it just really pisses me off when me, my family, and most of my friends are portrayed as Bible-thumping hillbillies.

Oh, and to be on-topic, we would gladly accept hemp in our crop rotation. Takes care of weeds by itself? Foot-and-a-half deep roots? Hell, I'm sold already!
There's gonna need a healthy demand for the product if you want everybody to grow it, though.

OfflineDrise
Regnarts
 User Gallery

Loc: Underwater
Re: Ron Paul Statement Introducing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, HR 1831 [Re: Odd_Nonposter]
    #14441064 - 05/12/11 07:07 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

We're not stupid, we're businessmen!

Thats your issue

Even with some of the highest government subsidies you complain about profits

I'm not attacking you personally in the sense of wanting profits, there are millions of other greedy people out there.

Have you considered a cost benefit analysis of using Integrated Pest Management, controlling the pests and upping your quality and yield against dumping thousands of pounds of herbicide on and hoping for the best.

Not to mention the human health effects and ecological effects on excessive pesticide and herbicide use. Atrazine is a known endocrine disruptor.

Quote:

Weeds became resistant to atrazine, glyphosate, etc. because of economic circumstances.

That doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry corn is in high demand but you don't make money of it?

I'm not even a farmer but I hope for your sake you are allowed to grow Hemp. I want you to prosper, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.

I guess it is an assumption to think that the majority of midwest farmers don't listen to the available scientific information that may actually benefit them.

It is not an assumption that use of chemicals is much greater in that region and as a result, your pest problems are far more severe.

And I'm not going to argue selecting the best individual of the population to breed because that is not the same as inhibiting growth of every individual except those with the natural genetic variation to be resistant to the toxin.

--------------------
"It is only once we've lost everything, we are free to do anything."

Everything I think, say, or do is fictional

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service