Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Help please
    #1443115 - 04/09/03 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My friend has a casing that was spaned with WBS and combined with compost. Now the casing is huge its in a rugular 66 quart rubbermaid and is like 4 inches deep. The problem is that yesterday he noticed a couple of pins on the side and today he looked at it and noticed that the pins where coming from further down. This is the first flush and the substrate hasnt shrunk yet. So hepushed the side of the container and all around the fucking thing there are pins that havent even come up to the casing layer yet. The outside of the container is wrapped in 5 layers of duct tape. The only thing he can think of is to put it in a bigger container and treat it like a huge ass cake but the container that he would need would be huge so if you guys know any easier sollutions please help out he dont want those to rot or have them come back.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Help please [Re: fee]
    #1443130 - 04/09/03 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My friend had the same problem. He decided it was because there was more moisture on the sides. He thinks you should deep scratch and mist the center, but you are just going to have to make sure you get all those buggers on the sides.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1443131 - 04/09/03 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In the future use trays that are not clear . Ceramic baking dishes work well , many folks use aluminm turkey trays . This is happening due to light getting in some wheres .
As far as this project goes ...... leave it be , pick the mushues as they develop , you will tear up the substrate when you pick , but oh well better luck next time .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Anonymous

Re: Help please [Re: tripndicular]
    #1443242 - 04/09/03 03:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So he should just leave it be and pick them when they need to be picked? The thing is he cant even see 90% of the pins. The only way for him to see them is to push on the walls and and look in between the wall and the substrate and those are gonna be really hard to get. If he doesnt get all of it, it will rot and bring in contams.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
    #1443250 - 04/09/03 03:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'd do the best you can and, like someone said, use a light-proof container next time :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation