Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

city vs nature
    #1442308 - 04/09/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hey ive only tripped once, and it was in a big city. now i dont doubt that nature would be amazing on mushrooms, cause i love nature as it is, but was EXACTLY is it about nature that makes 90% of the trippers on this board say its one of the best places to trip? and i understand if its one of those things you cant put well in words.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: city vs nature [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #1442609 - 04/09/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Not many people to worry about.. fresh air... beautiful scenery..
it's just way more.. shroomy. y'know?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1442786 - 04/09/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

fresh air and fractal plants/clouds

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: city vs nature [Re: Strumpling]
    #1443015 - 04/09/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I love tripping in both locations. Very different, though. I find tripping in nature is good because you never have to worry about how loud you're being or what to say to the cops. I'm more likely to think about how different life forms relate to eachother and feel a strong empathy with the natural world.

Tripping in the city for me usually revolves around examining society and human history. I'm always amazed with the way people behave in the city, and I think a lot about cops and authority. Really funny conversations about money will pop up too. Good stuff. Some people I know can't handle the city when they trip, and I definetly feel more anxious tripping in the city. I like to start somewhere isolated, like a wooded park, and then once I'm comfortable with my state I venture out into the street. Usually late during a weeknight, too, cause there's not a lot of stuff going on that way.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1443513 - 04/09/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think of it this way...

Say you were a human being long long ago. And you were walking by a cow turd and stumbled upon some psilocybin mushrooms, you'd eat them right there on the spot and trip in the field. It's perfect man. Some crazy visuals out there.

Tripping in civilization is kind of confusing to me. I usually analyze human history and how much things are FUCKED UP right now. It has sort of an underlying negative connotation.

It's all about trippin outside man.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: city vs nature [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1443618 - 04/09/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Tripping in a nice home for me always adds an unavoidable pride for mankind's technological advances, but of course can unfold into a kind of worry about our future with such nature-bending tools at our disposal.

Edit (Addition): So I guess my general comparison (although simply from my own personal experience) is that tripping in an "urban" setting indoors can more easily birth a trip impacting my views on technology and our digital future, whereas tripping in a semi-"natural" setting like at a campsite or out in nature somewhere can more easily birth a trip impacting my views on more primal 'genres' such as biology and "how'd we get here?" type of stuff instead of "where are we going?"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/09/03 03:48 PM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: city vs nature [Re: Strumpling]
    #1445869 - 04/10/03 07:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just take(or think about) a sober walk in nature and a sober walk in a city.... totally different thoughts and feelings. In a trip these feelings and thoughts are of the same kind. In nature you will think about the beauty and things like strumpling described above.

And after a (nature)  trip you will see the beauty in every tree for the rest of your life! :laugh:

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
    #1446059 - 04/10/03 09:21 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I prefer to trip in nature...
When I did trip in my small city , I felt uncomfortable when seeing how all the people were behaving....you know all they do is BUY THINGS and live WITHOUT THINKING...at least that's what I thought when tripping.
I only saw the negative things. :frown:
Was a nice trip, though. :cool: 

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: city vs nature [Re: Waldarbeiter]
    #1446658 - 04/10/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When I trip I to like to be out in nature , being around people I dont know kind of freaks me out . But being in nature is kind of like being in outer space , and no one is around to fuck with you and you can see so much more stuff out in nature . Such as stars , clouds , trees , and being in the midill of nowhere has a strange feling to .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: city vs nature [Re: growmore]
    #1448568 - 04/11/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This is the way i think of it..Obviosly mushrooms come from nature right?
So nature has gotta be involved..and we all know nature is just simply beutiful..
The city is pretty freaky to me..when i trip i notice the buildings just kinda of curve and i think about everyone around me..and i think their thoughts become my thoughts..its not much of answering my questions..i love answering mysteries of life while trippin

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: city vs nature [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1455827 - 04/13/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tripping in civilization is kind of confusing to me. I usually analyze human history and how much things are FUCKED UP right now. It has sort of an underlying negative connotation.
It's all about trippin outside man.

Agreed, nature has a more chill vibe, in the city there's so much more stuff that pisses me off (cops, sober people, buzz-kills). In nature You don't have to take in as much information and process it, humans have to process a huge amount of information in the city. Nature seems.... natural.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract