Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefireduck
I registered before you
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: fireduck]
    #9255979 - 11/16/08 07:30 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Yes, at first I thought I had a breakthrough experience the first time I got enough to really have good visuals both with open eyes and shut.  I saw abstract shapes that I immediately recognized as the machine elves that I read about, and they were dancing around on a birthday cake.  But I did not think for a second they were real people... they just were anthropomorphic blobs there were mostly yellow and shiny.  Because the way they moved I accepted that these were the elves people spoke of.

But I certainly did not experience an ego death, ever.  There was no out of body experience, or anything even similar to that.  Just a nice body high and some pretty colors to look at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9256004 - 11/16/08 07:37 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah breakthrough is an unmistakable feeling of breakinthrough something.  Hence the breakthrough, keep trying man, i got break through my first time with 100mg.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineBalaam
Stranger
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9256048 - 11/16/08 07:49 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

DMT I think has a lot of potential. Any drug, used frequently will lose some of it's novelty effect but I feel DMT is in some ways like ketamine, or nitrous, drugs that have similar dose dependant effects upon each use, and thus it is easier to "do work," with them then say more variable drugs like LSD. While the "recreational," novelty may fade, I think the psychonautic, shamanic, philosophical, whatever have you, novelty has massive potential.

Also are any of you extracting your DMT yourselves? 100+mgs seems and awful lot to have to smoke regardless of what you are looking for

Invisiblefireduck
I registered before you
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: Balaam]
    #9256160 - 11/16/08 08:09 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I have exposed DMT to other people, and they are able to have experiences I cannot using the same stash.  So potency or delivery method cannot be an issue.  Smoking 100mg is not hard at all.

Basically, since I'm already working with larger doses than other people I know, I have been hesitant to push the boundaries even further because 60-70 mg hits are very enjoyable, not to mention that I also usually do not smoke DMT for 3 or 4 days in between sessions.  The last time I got up to 110 mg doses, but I was also drunk and I feel like that suppressed a ton of the effect.  I will no longer be combining the two based upon my experiences from the other night.  The person I did them with got more effect than I did, but also felt the alcohol suppressed the DMT effects a good bit.  For me, I smoked 110 mgs and got absolutely zero visual activity, just a body high!  Anyway at this point I am pretty comfortable increasing my dose even more to achieve a breakthrough, but I feel no real rush to go do it right now, and if it is really true that some people just cannot breakthrough, than that isn't a big deal.  I feel like using DMT occasionally is improving my mental health anyway, although I can't say why.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9256312 - 11/16/08 08:31 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I am glad this thread picked back up after the initial diversion

100-200 mgs without breaking through? I cannot imagine

To Balaam, I think you're right about recreational novelty wearing off but true merit remaining. I understand some people find DMT enjoyable even at breakthrough doses, but I think they are probably rare, though obviously there will be a concentration of such people on this board

Salvia, obviously, has an even lower ratio of people likely to find a breakthrough enjoyable

I feel that DMT has massive potential not only for inner work but also for scientific advancement. That is why the November mass hyperspace entry event is so compelling. These are the types of cooperative experiments that will force us along evolutionary troughs into a new breed of being

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: 12468]
    #9256523 - 11/16/08 09:11 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I have personally smoked up to 200mg in 3 hits, back to back in under a minute and still never had a real breakthru,
the closest i think I have ever come was when i was already high on MDMA and added some smooth DMT vibes to the party, that time I can say I truely saw space, not colors and patterns.

Great combo, especially if you feel like mixing in a whippet or two aswell...
All smooth vibes..........

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: P.Menace]
    #9257452 - 11/17/08 12:12 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Wow Menace, that is incredible really

Interesting to hear several people express an inability to break through, whereas others break through every time

OnlineUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: 12468]
    #9257669 - 11/17/08 12:58 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Hay guys,
I haven't smoked DMT for a while now but my friends and I were getting really good experiences with much less then the amounts your describing.
What kind of scales are you using to weigh 200mg. I was only using 20 - 60 mg for good strong experience up to 100 mg for HECTIC INSANE doses.
I am not an amateur psychonaut having had various substances many times.

I think you guys should be using a custom DMT vaporizer or pipe, Like this one here I made my self.
I never intended to smoke it with weed even though I am an  extremely heavy pot smoker. Always planed to use something like this

You can see all the DMT crystals that stuck to the cold glass on the pipe even when properly vaporized, this would be happening many times worse to a water pipe or bong.
Imagine the DMT vapor passing through a dirty tar filled cone then the stem, then the water in the bong, then the sides of the glass, and depending on the size of the bong the surface area could be huge....
So think of all the wasted spice that didn't make it to your brain.:nonono:

To clean my spice pipe I just fill with warm Shellite( a clean extraction solvent) shake it up tip it out and evaporate it, usually results in a few more good doses depending on how much residue there is. and it tends to be fairly clean to.
Its OK but I would like something a little better.

But I'm no glass blower and I cant buy things like that here, so its all down to macgyver skills and making my own.

Smoking it in a bong (water pipe )or hash pipe with weed also burns the spice.
The temperatures when you burn weed are to high and will break down a fair portion of the DMT, another reason I only use a DMT pipe.

Substance                       Melting Point                Boiling Point
DMT                           44.6-46.8°C (crystals)         60-80°C (crystals)

5-MeO-DMT                     69-70°C                              145-146 °C

I'm sure there are some that do need very large or small doses compared to others, thats just individual sensitivity.

Edited by UnderNose (11/17/08 01:12 AM)

Offlineretrospect
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: UnderNose]
    #9257987 - 11/17/08 02:27 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

When I've got DMT I normally smoke it around 1-2 times a day until it's all gone. It depends on the environment i'm in and what's going on, sometimes I just don't have the time. Once I split a gram with a friend and we smoked it every hour until it was all gone. It's never lost any of it's utter amazement and power. Breakingthrough certainly does have a very defined feeling, you will know it straight after it's happened. It's like falling into a dream, and you just become an observer, your ego completely dissapears and you just know your reality has completely dissolved. I've found when smoking DMT the first hit is the most important in whether or not you breakthrough. You have to take the biggest first hit you possibly can and hold it in for a good 10 seconds. I like to hold my last hit in for as long as I possibly can aswell, which can be quite hard when your coming up at a million miles on DMT. And I find bongs without water are easiest to breakthrough with, even though it's a bit wasteful, it's no where near as harsh and quite easy to take big hits. Just use a cone with mesh under the hole so the ash can't pull through.  Or you can even use aliminium foil underneath the cone and just poke little holes with a toothpick.

Edited by retrospect (11/17/08 02:30 AM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: retrospect]
    #9258021 - 11/17/08 02:38 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I believe you have 5-Meo-DMT in that pic...or perhaps jungle spice

Cause this is what mine looks like.....

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: perosiste]
    #9258572 - 11/17/08 06:59 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

perosiste said:
By the way how do you clean out your DMT pipe? and or remove that ester smell from wherever you smoked it.

I use a clear, all glass oil pipe, so cleaning it out is as simple as a few drops of lighter fluid (naptha) on a q-tip.

Lemon juice will also work.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Invisiblefireduck
I registered before you
Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9258652 - 11/17/08 08:10 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

As I said before, questioning the method that I use to smoke DMT is not really going to be productive... I do have quite a few friends at this point that have used the substance with my pipe, and they have more intense experiences than I do.  It took some trial and error, but I now know how to consistently smoke nearly all of the DMT I put in the pipe.  I have access to a chemical scale that measures digitally in 1 mg increments, so there is no question on how much is being loaded into the pipe.  For the other guy who is unable to breakthrough, 200mg is a lot compared to what I have tried, but I do not doubt him.  The experience varies so much from person to person...

I generally hold in each hit for 15-20 seconds, and I do hold on to hit #3 for as long as possible.  Many times I take additional hits because I can take it, but I try and get as much as possible in the 3 hits.  I haven't been trying and get as much as possible on the first hit though, so I will try that next time.  Instead I would try and split up hits 1 and 2 and try and get as much as possible in the 3rd hit.  Also, to reduce the time between hits, maybe I will experiment with holding in the first two hits for less time than I have been.

I hate to be a broken record, but I think my brain functions differently with regards to psychedelics than other people.  I have been able to ignore the effects of pretty heroic doses of LSD and mushrooms when I need to.  Many times I use meditation techniques to get a better experience with the drugs I am using, to bring the effects to the front of my consciousness and make the experience stronger than it otherwise would be.  I can drink nearly anyone under the table, although I do not like drinking to such excess any more, and I probably wouldn't even if I was challenged these days.  If body mass plays a role, I weigh 220 lbs, so I think that might have an effect on how much DMT makes it to my brain also.

Invisibleamylase
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use *DELETED* [Re: 12468]
    #14419876 - 05/08/11 04:36 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by amylase

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineagonzalez64
Stranger

Re: DMT - Novelty of the experience + frequency of use [Re: amylase]
    #14420056 - 05/08/11 05:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

amylase said:
I've only smoked DMT a total of about 6-7 times. I had a dose once and then left the bong on my desk. In the morning I felt like a wake and bake.....

BAM!, realised when it had that distinct taste, fuck thats not pot!
:Feelstrippyman:
Haven't used it since then I think (about 2 months ago). Once the holidays are here I plan to use some syrian rue and have a real dmt experience. Each time I smoked it I had a solid toke and hold, if not multiple times to top it up.

:lolwut:

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
    #14420176 - 05/08/11 05:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireduck said:
As I said before, questioning the method that I use to smoke DMT is not really going to be productive... I do have quite a few friends at this point that have used the substance with my pipe, and they have more intense experiences than I do.  It took some trial and error, but I now know how to consistently smoke nearly all of the DMT I put in the pipe.  I have access to a chemical scale that measures digitally in 1 mg increments, so there is no question on how much is being loaded into the pipe.  For the other guy who is unable to breakthrough, 200mg is a lot compared to what I have tried, but I do not doubt him.  The experience varies so much from person to person...

I generally hold in each hit for 15-20 seconds, and I do hold on to hit #3 for as long as possible.  Many times I take additional hits because I can take it, but I try and get as much as possible in the 3 hits.  I haven't been trying and get as much as possible on the first hit though, so I will try that next time.  Instead I would try and split up hits 1 and 2 and try and get as much as possible in the 3rd hit.  Also, to reduce the time between hits, maybe I will experiment with holding in the first two hits for less time than I have been.

I hate to be a broken record, but I think my brain functions differently with regards to psychedelics than other people.  I have been able to ignore the effects of pretty heroic doses of LSD and mushrooms when I need to.  Many times I use meditation techniques to get a better experience with the drugs I am using, to bring the effects to the front of my consciousness and make the experience stronger than it otherwise would be.  I can drink nearly anyone under the table, although I do not like drinking to such excess any more, and I probably wouldn't even if I was challenged these days.  If body mass plays a role, I weigh 220 lbs, so I think that might have an effect on how much DMT makes it to my brain also.

I am with you!
I am no where near your body mass, so I do not think that to be a factor in your experiences.
I am a relative Deemer nub.  However.... Lol
I have eaten more mics of LSD than most I know, and I am a recovered tour head lol.
Totally body chemistry.  I have smoked deems one time so far, my own extraction.  I watched my kitchen turn into Gods kalidescope...
I think some of us are just better equipped to handle these experiences.
In my crazy head it has to do with the age of your soul.
This is a cool thread, I am currently on hour 5 of my second extraction...
I will post results here.  I will be using a lightbulb vaporizer.
Be well!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder