Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Microscope, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
An American seeking refugee status in Canada...
    #1441766 - 04/09/03 04:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

...is puting the government in a really tight spot. If the Canadian government admits that the USA produces refugees, it's a silent accusation of being a bonafide fucked up country. The USA that is.

It is his opinion that these claimants will be denied refugee status, but will not be kicked out of the country. That is sort of the Canadian way of dealing with things.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: An American seeking refugee status in Canada... [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1441784 - 04/09/03 04:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah and Im sure www.marijuananews.com is an extremely reliable source. Please. Their source link doesn't even work.

I can't stop laughing at marijuananews.com. Shit I almost felt high there for a minute.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Re: An American seeking refugee status in Canada... [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1441801 - 04/09/03 05:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus Christ!

How bout the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation then, you overly skeptical so and so...

CBC LINK TO SAME STORY, JUST FOR TACKLEBERRY

--------------------

Anonymous

#1441809 - 04/09/03 05:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa! Lets not get hostile here. I just prefer a REAL source. Next time post the real source first.

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1441812 - 04/09/03 05:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Define "real" source?

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Anonymous

#1441815 - 04/09/03 05:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Also a refugee escaping to another country is much different then a cancer patient moving north so he can stay high. Don't get me wrong, if he needs marijuana to improve/help/ease his condition then I agree with choice.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

#1441830 - 04/09/03 05:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I considered the marijuana news article to be far more informative. I didn't think it resembled the National Enquirer.

Why would that be hard to believe? Washington is cracking down somewhat on med-pot. If your an American, as I suspect you are, you must know that. It follows from there that people who need pot to live longer would eventually do something like this. No?

Sorry, about the hostility, I kust kind of get annoyed with all the...'can you provide a source' stuff. I just think there's a little too much of it.

Especially after PsilloKitten put that massive source list regarding the war against Iraq and all the "can you provide a source" people had nothing to say about it.

--------------------

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1441833 - 04/09/03 05:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Why should he have to leave his home and everyone he knows? This man has cancer, he should be with his family, this country needs to pull its head out of its ass.

but we're too busy burning turbins, and coverting the Heathens:

the herald via The Guardian:

Muslims wary of Christians bearing gifts of food and water

Date: April 7 2003

By Matthew Engel in Washington

'It could only happen with an American invasion. Poised behind the troops, waiting for a signal that Iraq is safe enough for them to operate, are the evangelical Christians - carrying food in one hand and the Bible in the other.

The groups, funded by American churchgoers, are likely to do a magnificent job in offering water, food, medical help and comfort to a traumatised population. But they are causing alarm among Muslims, who fear vulnerable Iraqis will be cajoled into conversion. Some warn that the missionaries will be prime targets in an unpacified Iraq.

Muslim worries have been heightened because the man leading the charge into Iraq is the Reverend Franklin Graham, the man who delivered the invocation at President George Bush's inauguration, the son of Billy Graham, and a fierce critic of Islam. He is on record as calling it a "wicked, violent" religion, with a God different from that of Christianity. "The two are different as lightness and darkness," he wrote.

Mr Graham runs an organisation called Samaritan's Purse, whose workers are in Jordan, waiting to move into Iraq. It has a strong record of charitable help built up over more than 30 years, but its official aim is clear: "The organisation serves the church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ."

In the Los Angeles Times last week, Mr Graham insisted that Samaritan's Purse will offer help to Iraqis without religious strings attached. "Sometimes the best preaching we can do is simply being there with a cup of cold water, exhibiting Christ's spirit of serving others," he said.

Ibrahim Hooper, of the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations is unimpressed, saying the groups involved are "despicable and deceitful", adding of Mr Graham: "This guy has repeatedly stated that Islam is intentionally cruel. I fail to see how such a person can be a positive influence in a Muslim country.

"Humanitarian relief is just a cover. Their basic motivation is conversion."

Also moving into Iraq are the Southern Baptists, the strongest pro-Bush, pro-Iraq War and pro-Israel political force in the US.

Some Christian commentators are alarmed that missionaries blundering into an unstable country of which they know little would be in danger. Three Baptist missionaries were shot and killed in Yemen last December by a Muslim extremist, who said he did it because "they were preaching Christianity in a Muslim country".'

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1441970 - 04/09/03 07:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i say send him em on. I couldn't care less if someone left this country because they don't agree with it. Give em to Canada.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1441992 - 04/09/03 07:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Doesnt it constantly amaze you that you are talking to people on a drug use board in these weird fractalizations of life?-- Like, here.. on a drug board wouldnt one understand the whole concept of propaganda, the whole thought of free speech and free thought. I prefer to be given some fucking respect as an intelligent human being and provided all of the stories so that I can make a decision! I feel that way about the effects of psycoactive drugs on the brain but even more so on issues pertaining to the general scheme of the world in which I inhabit-- shouldnt I have all the information, so that I can make my own choice? And you know what, if I dont find the information that I like in what someone provides me, maybe I could do a search and look at all the information that is out there and just see if the information presented could be valid.... Instead of being lazy and expecting to be spoonfed to me. I look at the people who think similar to me and we run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to find links because *the usual suspects* discounted our words. We get so caught up in their opinion... not the facts, but that which has been spoonfed to them. See and so many people seem to think like that, in some way we accept it as a nonfiction novel that we must disprove. We very rarely even question their sources...

I think its our passion that makes us forget that we are owed some explanations too. Our education in all the matters at hand, from a telescope rather then a microscope prevents us from idly standing by.. and with the people that we are, we feel the need to prove something to them.. I suspect its typical of our personalities to have been trying to prove the truth for quite some time now.

Anyway, it's all pretty crazy heavy stuff... we are standing on the cusp and pretty soon the whole world will start to awaken. I was reading a little rant by Bob Bresny, a crasy astrologist that I think is a modern day prophet (joking-- Dont count me out as a fanatic, sheeple). He talks about how events like 9/11 had to happen to inspire a univeral change. See, all of those people that were touched by the event enough to create groups like Not In Our Name and who started volunteering at their local boys club.. or that started kissing their wife more because they realized life was so precious that they wanted to do something good to help grow it. Well, without 9/11 they would have stayed the same commuters, the same half sleeping giants.

Anyway, Im done rambling... I just had to share my thoughts with someone I thought might understand because every time I open a thread here I find myself incredulous and feeling as if I dont understand the world at all, for all my links and all my bravado-- I just look around and blink.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1442675 - 04/09/03 01:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Uh, it's true buddy. Fairly well covered in Canadian newspapers.

What's not to believe about this anyways? A guy needs medical pot so he went to a country where it was possible to get it and applied for refugee status. He hasn't been GIVEN refugee status, and probably won't.

I don't see anything hard to believe there.

I think your bullshit detector has a short circut or something.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: An American seeking refugee status in Canada... [Re: Phluck]
    #1442911 - 04/09/03 01:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hehehe yea fucked up bullshit detector. Funny I thought it was a high-profile news story. There was even that TV drama about it a while back. It wouldn't surprise me if the American media didn't pay any attention to it, though, cause it's a nasty story and easy for americans to brush off the guy as a whacko.

I will say, though, that the guy is a little vulnerable. He was aquitted of the charges for having medicinal marijuana in the states, but because he was in possession of a peyote button and a mushroom stem they wanted to send him to jail. Peyote is legal in Canada, and a mushroom stem is nothing too serious, so I guess that's really what he's seeking refugee status. Of course, he's got a good reason to because the American authorities accused him of faking his medical crisis when they forced him to stop smoking pot, so I guess if he went to jail in the states, they wouldn't give him pot and he'd die. Doctors from UBC said that likely marijuana was helping him out a lot, and they agreed that his concerns are genuine. This situation lets american drug warriors say stuff like "He was aquitted on the marijuana charges and is now trying to get out trouble for possession of other illegal drugs."

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1443158 - 04/09/03 03:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Also a refugee escaping to another country is much different then a cancer patient moving north so he can stay high.

He is a victim of the civil war on drugs....he is a refugee.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

Re: An American seeking refugee status in Canada... [Re: Phluck]
    #1443490 - 04/09/03 04:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Uh, it's true buddy. Fairly well covered in Canadian newspapers.

Did I say it was untrue?

Quote:

I don't see anything hard to believe there.

Neither do I.

Quote:

I think your bullshit detector has a short circut or something.

I asked for a real news source. WTF is your problem?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Microscope, San Pedro

General Interest >> Political Discussion