Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: skatealex2]
    #14492794 - 05/22/11 05:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Damn I closed my fb account and now I cant buy dr00gz :crankey:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: mellowparty]
    #14492933 - 05/22/11 07:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i really want to delete mine

i feel like it co-opts your actual personality

i felt like i was mapping my personality on an external level, and your "friends" are there to validate and "like" or accept you for who you are. people selectively express themselves on facebook, it's not spontaneous, it removes peoples responsibility for their behavior in real life because their true personality is already on face book, accepted/validated. i also think people who spend lots of time on facebook have their social skills totally muddled

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Invisiblemrckb
Bob Sacamano
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Flag
Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: AntiEverything]
    #14492945 - 05/22/11 07:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
i really want to delete mine

i feel like it co-opts your actual personality

i felt like i was mapping my personality on an external level, and your "friends" are there to validate and "like" or accept you for who you are. people selectively express themselves on facebook, it's not spontaneous, it removes peoples responsibility for their behavior in real life because their true personality is already on face book, accepted/validated. i also think people who spend lots of time on facebook have their social skills totally muddled

Thats more the internet in general.
You have time to think and edit your response. Facebook is just the most popular facility.

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: mrckb]
    #14492971 - 05/22/11 07:46 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i don't agree, at the point where on the shroomery i am essentially 100% anonymous, save for a few people that know me, i post as if it is completely anonymous, and most of the internet functions this way, at least how i use it. freedom of speech & anonymity is how i see it

facebook though is literally the polar opposite, completely centered around bolstering your imaginary and absurd external personality, and having people validate and accept what you post, it becomes a drug to some people, who fiend for messages, friend requests and "likes" just liek crack or ketamine.

life does not occur on facebook, but people spend ridiculous amounts of time tailoring their page to be accepted by their peers, it becomes a metareality, i believe that some people actually do not exist, only their facebook wall of them does.

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Invisiblemrckb
Bob Sacamano
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Flag
Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: AntiEverything]
    #14493004 - 05/22/11 08:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

[
Quote:

AntiEverything said:
i don't agree, at the point where on the shroomery i am essentially 100% anonymous, save for a few people that know me, i post as if it is completely anonymous, and most of the internet functions this way, at least how i use it. freedom of speech & anonymity is how i see it

facebook though is literally the polar opposite, completely centered around bolstering your imaginary and absurd external personality, and having people validate and accept what you post, it becomes a drug to some people, who fiend for messages, friend requests and "likes" just liek crack or ketamine.

life does not occur on facebook, but people spend ridiculous amounts of time tailoring their page to be accepted by their peers, it becomes a metareality, i believe that some people actually do not exist, only their facebook wall of them does.

Though you retain anonymity you still construct an online identity, customising your signiture and avatar to reflect your desired identity, which you validate by recieving mushroom ratings.

sound familiar?

facebook is just a more refined version of shroomery.

It still retains a hierachial order with rules and punishment. With the ultimate goal of selling your participation to advertisers.

Edited by mrckb (05/22/11 08:08 AM)

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: psychedelics and facebook [Re: mrckb]
    #14493008 - 05/22/11 08:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

meh i put literally no time nor effort nor thought into customizing my account

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom