Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
How can I experience Synesthesia?
    #14402916 - 05/04/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've taken large doses of mushrooms and small hits of DMT before but I don't think I've ever experienced synesthesia.  Is there a trick to experiencing it?  Can DMT and mushrooms cause synesthesia?

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #14402940 - 05/04/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it just happens you can not force it...I have had it on LSD and DMT but not on mushrooms, but I am sure it is possible on mushrooms. It is quite a weird yet breath taking experience to see sound make its way through the air or watch people talk and you can visualize the words coming out

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#14402948 - 05/04/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hey. did everything just taste purple for a second?

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#14402967 - 05/04/11 11:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

All psychedelics can produce synesthesia you just have to get there once, then it's easy to get back.

I'd say the neuro-anatomical reasoning behind this is that neuro pathways are not supposed to exist linking areas of different perception in the brain i.e. Sounds (temporal lobes) are complete isolated from sights (occipital lobes). Once the psychedelic creates these pathways they can be reactivated very easily for the rest of your life.

LSD is my favorite for synesthesia. Like you, before I did LSD other psychedelics never made me "see sounds" like I heard they would. But after using acid and having some pretty intense trips (3-5 hits). I can usually get synesthesia off nearly any psychedelic at any dose.

Now days, even just by smoking weed and can lay back and get some CEV's that occur harmoniously to the music I'm listening to.

DMT will defiantly give you synesthesia at breakthrough dose. No doubts.

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Dawks]
    #14403437 - 05/05/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

happened on lsd while listening to music, was temporary. and boy, do The Beatles taste like shit.

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
I take that personally LOL [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #14403504 - 05/05/11 03:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AbstraKt_I_Am said:
happened on lsd while listening to music, was temporary. and boy, do The Beatles taste like shit.

:chong:
Fuck you too

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14403505 - 05/05/11 03:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
I've taken large doses of mushrooms and small hits of DMT before but I don't think I've ever experienced synesthesia.  Is there a trick to experiencing it?  Can DMT and mushrooms cause synesthesia?

Smoalk....Moar?

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: drr]
    #14403532 - 05/05/11 03:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck me for what I said about the beatles? I love them, but seriously. Music taste bad in synesthesia.

--------------------

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria Flag
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #14403787 - 05/05/11 06:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Pink Floyd tastes like liquefied strawberry's on a large acid comedown. It was amazing. I could also see the music dribble out of the cracks of the ceiling in the form of strawberry juice.

--------------------

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: tizjack]
    #14404056 - 05/05/11 07:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Music synesthesia is one of THE reasons I do psychedelics.

Feeling and Tasting, Seeing music is one of the most amazing things in the world.
I get to play around with the music, to experience on 5 different senses.

:aweoverdose:  :aweoverdose:  :aweoverdose:  :aweoverdose:  :awetongue:  :awesome2:  :awetrippie:  :realawe:

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14404273 - 05/05/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i get it on mush pretty regularly.

feeling what someone said to me.

hearing what they are feeling.

seeing music. etc etc

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: k00laid]
    #14404578 - 05/05/11 10:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

for me a strong dose of LSD and the right music produced synesthesia.

The blades of grass on the lawn where all buzzing and creating colors in time with some crazy dubstep that was on at a party I went too. There was a sync between my vision and the music I was hearing.
It was odd cause I normally hate most dubstep but this music reminded me of DMT music, it was like space ships and big machines making there loud engine and robotic noises.
But it seemed to make everything interact with the music, it was a full blown light show, but it was all going on in my head.

EDIT:

I also remember a time (just recently) where I was so twisted on psychedelics that I was smelling through my left arm, and I was tasting the sounds of my friends talking and the television show on in the background.
I had trouble working out where my breathing was coming from. I knew it had to go into my mouth or nose to come down in to my lungs but at the time I couldn't follow that idea enough to work out where the air was coming from to keep me alive. That was the beginning to one of my ego death trips

--------------------

Edited by Austrip (05/05/11 10:29 AM)

OfflineUnison
Stranger

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Austrip]
    #14404849 - 05/05/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

For me, synesthesia has been nothing like "tasting sound" in the sense that the sound has an actual, distinct taste. The Beatles, like someone here mentioned, would taste EXACTLY the way it sounds, in all its complexity.

I remember listening to/watching a trippy video once. For a flash, I heard the entire event (the sound AND the sight). I very easily could have missed it, as it sounded EXACTLY how it looked. So exactly, that it could have EASILY been mistaken for actual sight.

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Unison]
    #14405451 - 05/05/11 02:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Take about 4-5 hits of some strong LSD blotter. I stared at a painting and EVERY color was changing colors. It was so rad.

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: occollegeboi]
    #14406055 - 05/05/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

occollegeboi said:
Take about 4-5 hits of some strong LSD blotter. I stared at a painting and EVERY color was changing colors. It was so rad.

thats not synesthesia thats just :awecid:

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #14408774 - 05/06/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

occollegeboi said:

thats not synesthesia thats just :awecid:

:awehigh:

Synesthesia is a blending of the senses. Its so :Awemazing:
The changing colors is awesome too, but thats not synesthesia

--------------------

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K

OfflineStanVillain
DMT Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14408912 - 05/06/11 07:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Had it on  a large dose of crazy mushrooms. I saw what they said. It was kinda like dreaming.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: StanVillain]
    #14408924 - 05/06/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never experienced this on mushrooms but i've had it numerous times on LSD... smelling colors, tasting colors, seeing music, ect.

The only real trick is to eat large dose of LSD, but you'll be getting mush more than synthesia at that point.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: StanVillain] * 1
    #14408975 - 05/06/11 07:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

StanVillain said:
Had it on  a large dose of crazy mushrooms. I saw what they said. It was kinda like dreaming.

I have experienced it on high doses of mushrooms - never on LSD yet but am taking around 340ug tonight / tomorrow so I expect to be  :trippnballs: :laugh:

Usually it manifests itself with music - I get to see and experience music on a whole new level, lying on my bed. I also have seen colors, I remember the first time I did I didn't know if I would make it out alive or not (this is right after ego death) and so I scrawled a note saying "The stuff I have seen I didn't even know was possible, if I don't make it it was totally worth it" once I was actually able to move about.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#23621947 - 09/07/16 01:02 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I'm reviving this thread.

Well I came here to see if anyone experiences synesthesia with DMT and was surprised more people haven't experienced it with mushrooms. Was even more surprised that some of you need high doses regardless of the psychedelic in question.

Well I have had pretty good synesthesia on moderate doses of LSD but I have had really nice synesthesia on STUPIDLY low doses of mushrooms. Not to mention on acid the synesthesia is mostly just visual but on mushrooms it involves all my senses heavily like smell, taste, touch.

It was weird hearing people talk about tasting sounds. I only ever tasted sights and visuals never came close to doing that with sound waves however. I'm curious as to how many people experience this on DMT.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23622069 - 09/07/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

OK, I'll bite -  I've experienced synthesia many times with mushrooms, but only with high doses. :shrug:

If however you already have it (latently) you probably don't need much to bring it out.  What I'm referring to is complete sense cross talk where you don't know where shit is coming from anymore...

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinefractalsybolism
Stranger

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #23622129 - 09/07/16 02:06 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Too much doc works a lot.

Every time I take it I can only remember what it is 4 hours after putting it in my mouth. It is basically god and unfathomable universes within universes.  Impossible design. 

You will wish you had less synesthesia if you take enough, which for some people, is very very little.

This stuff is absolutely stupid good.  It reminds me of lsd's fingerprint.  It is very dirty acid feeling and can fucking destroy you with complexity.

I recommend it, but I don't recommend high doses.  Lsd can work good at high doses.  Doc is a machine and it will consume you so quickly.

DOC is like God's fingerprint and as much synesthesia and synchronicity as a person might be able to tolerate.  Holy shit, I sure am glad I had some beers handy.  And it is raining outside.  All these infinite cascading geometries and I don't want to go outside.  I'll try to not get bummed about it.

Doc has never felt like I didn't take too much.  Something about it.  Something about knowing what it is capable of is really not of this world.  God help the people who take it thinking it is lsd. It acts like the comedown of insane amounts of acid even at low doses.  Impressive stuff.

Edited by fractalsybolism (09/07/16 02:21 PM)

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #23622290 - 09/07/16 02:59 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
OK, I'll bite -  I've experienced synthesia many times with mushrooms, but only with high doses. :shrug:

If however you already have it (latently) you probably don't need much to bring it out.

Yeah I naturally have synesthesia so that probably helps but I also wonder why many people report it with L but not with mushrooms or why I experience it most intensely with mushrooms. I've gotten pretty clear and decent synesthesia (seeing music) with as little as 0.8 / 0.9 grams of mush.

With LSD though I can take 100 micrograms and still most likely not get any synesthesia.
It's weird because I always thought taking psychedelics and even smoking weed so much over the years would enhance my natural synesthesia in some way but it actually hasn't. My synesthesia was actually much more intense as a child.

Wonder what DMT will do to me or if it will have any kind of effect on this like this in sub-breakthrough doses.

OfflineShroomyhead
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23622415 - 09/07/16 03:36 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I was on a medium dose of mush awhile ago and I was listening to sitar music and I could see the music make a graph-like structure behind my eyelids that correlated with the music exactly.

It was intense! :grin:

--------------------
There's only one way to find out.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: Shroomyhead]
    #23623305 - 09/07/16 07:15 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Some people just get it naturally. I know I do- certain tones produce colors in my head, I associate certain letters/numbers with colors. Its always been normal for me, pyschedelics sometimes enhance it for me quite profoundly

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: mushpunx]
    #23623356 - 09/07/16 07:28 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I find synesthesia just comes naturally. On higher dose LSD trips I get it same with DMT. Tho almost always when I look at my speakers I can almost see the ripples of sound coming from the speakers. Kinda like how the sound moves the air in waves.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: How can I experience Synesthesia? [Re: SonicTitan]
    #23627183 - 09/08/16 08:39 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I've only ever had it on pot, when I first started. After getting stoned the first three or four times, it went away to never really come back, presumably due to tolerance. If I stopped for five years then smoked, I may get it again, or so. Similarly, if I had a large enough dose of edibles it could happen. Music seemed to help, so as to be able to "see sound". But during those days my taste and touch also were affected.

Some people just naturally have it, so be a little jelly. It might also just be harder to notice after a while, after the novelty wears off.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures