Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Karo tek is posing problems for Jane.
    #1429687 - 04/04/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Instead of growing into a mass 2/3rds the way up the 100ml solution" exclaimed Jane "It's just a bunch of really tiny floaties... and it's been nearly 10 days!"
Bob thought that was a shame, so he decided to trouble shoot, "Could there be a contamination? How long did you cook it for?" Jane replied, "I pressure cooked it for an hour, and I don't know if there is a contamination or not. I couldn't see any at a glance" "Well thats odd" Bob thought out loud "can you think of any other reasons it would stall like that?" "Well, I don't think the sugars have carmelized. I mean, it's not crystal clear as water is... but than neither was the corn syrup that I mixed into the water. I thought air exchange might have been a problem, there are no holes in the lid, but thats what the karo tek called for. I have no idea how mycelia survives without air mixed in, should I be shaking the jars daily to aerate? Should I call it a loss and try again?" "I have no clue, Jane" said Bob "I'm sorry"

Can you help Bob help Jane?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

Re: Karo tek is posing problems for Jane. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1436664 - 04/07/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

bump...

Offlineathena
    #1436702 - 04/07/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,
why does Jane think that little floaties are a problem? what is she expecting? do the little floaties look like tiny little feathers, with maybe a spot, or clump or two of dark spore specks attached? I'm almost certain that those are mycelial 'floaties'. what is she going to do with the liquid?
Athena.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1436923 - 04/07/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

um i'll bet dollars to donuts you overcooked that bastard. HW only needs to be PC'd for like 10 minutes at 15psi or maybe 20 minutes at 10 psi. any longer and the sugars carmelize. those floaties are carbonized sugars that the myc is trying desperately to eat. try again and don't cook so long.

InvisibleMahatma Mersh
Dork

#1437305 - 04/07/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well, afoaf recently tried the Karo tek. He just innoculated some BRF jars over the weekend so he doesn't have any results yet. This is what his liquid looked like right out of the incubator:

Just a little puff floating around the jar.

This is what it looked like after he shook the hell out of it to break the puff into small enough pieces to go into the syringe:

Sorry this is so out of focus. His camera was having a hard time with the close-ups.
This is what a jar that contaminated looked like:

Nasty green stuff.

He figures that if you had a contam you'd probably be able to see it. The little puffs are what you're going for, as long as they stay white. He's over cooked jars before and it was pretty obvious that the sugars had carmelized. If the floaties are pure white, he says shoot 'em. But then again, that's his response to everythng.
Oh, and did you use any H2O2? This foaf shot some H2O2 into a liquid jar and it seemed to disolve the little puffs over night. He thinks he used way too much. The puff recovered, but it did it very slowly.

--------------------
The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

Re: Karo tek is posing problems for Jane. [Re: Mahatma Mersh]
    #1440118 - 04/08/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

All of you have helped tremendously. Thank you!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures