Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleconformist
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Flag
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: Carl Sagan]
    #14398632 - 05/04/11 07:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14398635 - 05/04/11 07:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #14398636 - 05/04/11 07:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
Quote:

ManicMongrel said:
Cows eat grass with spores and it might germinate somewhere along the way before the turd hits the ground, maybe some shrooms germinate that way.

Like I said I have inoculated fresh crap cakes with insanely contaminated spore syringes a several times so that proves it for me. Obviously shroom spores have to germinate in more than one way to be able to compete out there.

Look man, Im putting on my tin foil hat for this one.  Post a link to some evidence that this even remotely possible.  Id love to read it!

Best cinch the foil down nice and tight because that's how it happens.  Cows(not horses) eat the spore covered grass next to growing mushrooms and repeat the process.  Many, many wild patches have been initiated by inserting spore prints into a cattle water trough.  Don't deny or ridicule that which you don't understand.

The same thing happens in the plant kingdom with many birds and mammals eating seeds and then depositing them in their dung elsewhere to sprout and grow.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #14398725 - 05/04/11 08:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The same thing happens in the plant kingdom with many birds and mammals eating seeds and then depositing them in their dung elsewhere to sprout and grow.

Same thing happens with fish and is how ponds become inhabited with them.  Other than being stocked by man.  Birds eat fish eggs and deposit them within their dung into the water.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: hamloaf]
    #14399133 - 05/04/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

nice. how long do you guys think it will be now untill
someone asks, 'if I eat some spores can i shit out myc?'

OfflineManicMongrel
Paragorn of pointless comments
Male

Loc: Across the Atlantic
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: Fungal growth]
    #14399163 - 05/04/11 10:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:

Same thing happens with fish and is how ponds become inhabited with them.  Other than being stocked by man.  Birds eat fish eggs and deposit them within their dung into the water.

You forgot to add the fact that the mature fish then starts F****** and the water becomes undrinkable. (source:W.C. Fields) :tongue:

--------------------
Rules and laws are guidelines, to follow them by definition is equivalent to ignoring responsibility

- Let me know if anything in my Trade List got your attention! New asian pan varieties up for trade [10.july.2013]

"Familiarity breeds contempt"

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: ManicMongrel]
    #14399192 - 05/04/11 10:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ManicMongrel said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

You forgot to add the fact that the mature fish then starts F****** and the water becomes undrinkable. (source:W.C. Fields) :tongue:

lol! yaknow a big whale ejaculates around 5 gallons of sperm in a load.
that's the REAL reason the ocean is so salty.

OfflineBstsneverr
Peace
Male

Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #14399198 - 05/04/11 10:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
Quote:

ManicMongrel said:
Cows eat grass with spores and it might germinate somewhere along the way before the turd hits the ground, maybe some shrooms germinate that way.

Like I said I have inoculated fresh crap cakes with insanely contaminated spore syringes a several times so that proves it for me. Obviously shroom spores have to germinate in more than one way to be able to compete out there.

Look man, Im putting on my tin foil hat for this one.  Post a link to some evidence that this even remotely possible.  Id love to read it!

Best cinch the foil down nice and tight because that's how it happens.  Cows(not horses) eat the spore covered grass next to growing mushrooms and repeat the process.  Many, many wild patches have been initiated by inserting spore prints into a cattle water trough.  Don't deny or ridicule that which you don't understand.

RR

:woot:

--------------------
*** Psalm 9:9-10 ***

The lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

InvisibleBlindtheeye
All Seeing Nothing

Loc: TX Flag
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: Bstsneverr]
    #14399507 - 05/04/11 11:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:billnye::awesomenod:

--------------------
A great truth cannot be communicated, it must be realized.

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: Blindtheeye]
    #14401056 - 05/04/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This thread became very lulzy since RR showed up

I must become the spore spreader, ill dress up in camo and go from pasture to pasture spiking cow troughs with prints. Saving the world, one spore at a time

Invisiblewow
Lurking master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14401132 - 05/04/11 05:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i think it happens both ways...  i seen cubes growin on horse dung before too!  definitely not as often as on cow dung...  but i think it must be possible for spores to germinate on dung...  if a horse/cow takes a shit on a spot of spores or near it they can germ on the bottom of the turds.. im not sure that germination inside the body of the animal is the only way..  if you have some grain spawn you can knock up turds too..  it almost makes me want to sterilize some horse shit and try and germinate spores on it in a qt jar or a bag..  think it would stink up my house if i threw a couple shit jars in the mix next time i do my grains?!

--------------------

OfflineTrustYourSelf
Stranger
Re: would spores on dung grow? [Re: wow]
    #14401235 - 05/04/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Its probably possible.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds