Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSIA11
Stranger
Questions about hallucinogens.
    #14396152 - 05/03/11 07:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone, I am new here so if this thread is in the wrong spot or  anything, mods please move it.

I have always been very interested in hallucinogens, never have done them though. It just baffles my mind how just taking a chemical, or eating a certain mushroom, smoking a plant (salvia), can just completely send you out of this world.

It all sounds so fun, I want to do it all, but in all honesty, I am scared. I hear people saying "After taking acid my life is COMPLETELY" different. They view everything in a different way. Is this good or bad?

My main questions are this:

-Which hallucinogenic drug would be the best for a first timer?

-What hallucinogens are safe and not harmful to the body?

-It could just be a rumor untrue, but This whole, changing your life thing I have been hearing, can someone who has actually tripped explain it? If you go back to the day before you were your first time, and the day after, are you a completely different person? If you could would you go back to what you were like before doing it, or do you like your life better after? I like my life I have now, I don't want to change the way I view everything, even if people say my life is so much better now, I don't see how they can just from hallucinating. You have never wanted to go back how it was before?

-The view life differently part, what do people actually mean by that? As in, they physically see things differently, or just think differently, I really want this one explained the most because I don't really understand how life is different after doing these.

-And once again, the viewing life dif. part, if it is true, which drugs actually do this to you? Correct me if I am wrong but I think there called spiritual drugs or something.

-Think back to the first time you tripped acid, or shrooms, etc. Lets say you got a call from your dad "Want to come over for dinner?" Would you be able to talk to him perfectly fine on the phone, and possibly go over to eat too? Or is it just near impossible because you are so out of it?

The main hallucinogens I am interested in is LSD, Shrooms, and Salvia. I have done lots and lots of research on all of them, but I think I could learn a lot more from asking questions I want to know to people who have actually done them.

I am not scared of "Oh no I am going to have a bad trip." I am scared of having a life changing experience, and never being able to view life like I did before, or maybe it changes me mentally to were I just hate life for some reason. Probably already sounds like I am a parinoid freak, but I just want to know whats going to happen to me if I do these.

Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: SIA11]
    #14396210 - 05/03/11 07:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would say psychedelics open many people's minds to mysticism, spirituality, and religious experiences.  Imagine you were touched by divinity and experienced the universe through God's eyes.  These things and countless other unpredictable, ineffable, and seemingly impossible events unfold during your temporary drug induced psychotic episode.  Would you find it difficult to go back to consensus reality after experiencing such profoundness? 

Many do find it difficult, but its funny because the feelings soon fade away and all you are left with are vague notions of beauty and awe.  So you go back and trip again and again and again.  Eventually it can leave a permanent mark on you.  Sound enticing?  You bet.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblep_walter
Lurker
 User Gallery

Loc: Irrelevant
    #14396228 - 05/03/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would say you're over-thinking things just a little bit...

I don't have experience with a whole lot of different hallucinogens, so I can't answer question one (other than I think it's not going to matter a whole lot). For question two, check out erowid. Mushrooms and acid are both relatively unharmful. As always, know your substance, know your body, know your dealer, etc. etc.. And don't forget to have fun :wink:

--------------------
Coaster said: so i got free drug coupons witch u floozies refer to as "money"....

OfflineSIA11
Stranger
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: p_walter]
    #14396275 - 05/03/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I know I am, I am just scared of just grabbin it, doing it, then my life getting flipped around in a negative way and I could of stopped it by just doing some research. I have heard so many different things about hallucinogens (LSD mostly). I lost my mind, my life is 100% better, I am a completely new person, I wish I had my mind back, etc.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14396343 - 05/03/11 07:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's a rare consequence to have permanent psychosis.  You'll probably dose low, have a good time, laugh, see fractals, and maybe get a hint of where the higher doses can send you.  After a few low or medium trips, then go for the gusto and trip hard to shake yourself up.  Ain't nothing like entering God mode.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineSIA11
Stranger
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: joemolloy]
    #14396382 - 05/03/11 07:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno what all you have done joe, but you say it opens your mind, etc. What other hallucinogens do this? As in, are like weed, your normal, get high, come down, nothings different from before you smoked. Are there any hallucinogens where, your normal, trip, come down, and you don't get any of those "mind opening" experiences? Not saything that I don't want them, I am just wondering what ones do, and dont.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14396405 - 05/03/11 07:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Typically mescaline is viewed as the most gentle psychedelic, but if you have access to LSD I wouldn't pass that up.  One dose of it shouldn't turn you into a flower carrying moony at the airport.  I don't think one trip will turn you upside down.

--------------------

OfflineLove2trip
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis Flag
    #14396513 - 05/03/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Doesn't everyday change who you are, how you act, think/view things forever? It does for me.

The experiences I get/gotten from strong physcedelics has forever changed me but in a 100% beautiful and great way. I don't regret it and do the drugs again for the same experience and to make new ones. I just from taking and having the experiences from these drugs feel they have an extremely important rule in our short lives. May hold answers to the unknown and impossible.

LSD, mushies, mescaline as far as I know don't cause any harm. The stero type acid is called aci because it "fries" your mind is rubbish. Any of the three would be fine for a first timer you just got to be sure, set, setting, etc

--------------------

OfflineAlexander1138
Stranger

#14396517 - 05/03/11 08:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would do shrooms over salvia every time. Personally I find shrooms much more enjoyable. Lasts longer too.

In terms of life changing experiences, I just recently had my first "big" trip at 5 grams. I feel that my perspective is really quite different now, a bit like what you were saying. It's not really that scary, you come to accept it I guess. Feels like your more in tune with things haha.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: Alexander1138]
    #14396773 - 05/03/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms... But, what you are missing is this is not a high like pot... This is an experience... You will be you.. If that is what you want... You migh have a different view of you though

Do not put yourself in a situation to deal with others... Make time for the experience... Prepare..

You need to prepare... Set and setting

Let me quote.

Set refers to the psychological makeup of the person taking the hallucinogens. Such factors as personality, mood and expectations are all critically important in determining what type of reaction will ensue. What you have been thinking about, fretting over, or worrying about for the last few days, will likely appear again during your trip. This is usually not a good thing. Be calm, clear your mind of negative thoughts. As Monty Python so aptly said during one of their movies " always look on the bright side of life."

Setting refers to physical, emotional and social environment that the tripper will be exposed to during their journey. It is very possible to alter the direction of a trip from psychotic to psychedelic by simply manipulating lighting, music, those in the room, etc. The experience one receives will be quite different for instance, for a person experimenting the first time in unfamiliar surroundings among a group of people that the subject may not entirely trust, to being with your lover, watching the .sunset from the back porch of a Malibu cabin

Took that from Erowid..

Do or don't do... Bu if you do, be ready

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Edited by HarryL (05/03/11 09:10 PM)

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: HarryL]
    #14396821 - 05/03/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt you would be able to have a reasonable conversations with your father on the phone, let alone go to eat and appear sober on 1/8th of mushrooms, which is the dose I took my first time, but you might be able to on lower doses.  I would definitely recommend being somewhere with your phone off and have nothing you need to do that day.  Make sure you aren't prone to interruption for that day.  The only risk, at least with mushrooms and LSD is the psychosis thing, which is extremely uncommon.  The general consensus is that you could only develop a psychological disorder if you have a strong family history of it, but even then it's not a surefire thing.  In other words, if your mother is a schizophrenic, there would be a chance you could develop it earlier (you'd most likely develop it later in life anyways).  In other words, you won't develop anything you wouldn't develop later in life.

But seriously, this risk is so negligible, especially with reasonable doses.  Be responsible with how you use these drugs and they will treat you kindly, and you'll have a good time :mushroom2:

OfflineSIA11
Stranger
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #14396883 - 05/03/11 09:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The conversation and dinner with my dad was just an example to see if an emergency, or anything came up if it was possible to act normal.

Offline2bakednate
Connecting & Growing
Male User Gallery

#14396965 - 05/03/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Once you have a significant enlightening experience you will understand, Its like being given a key too a secret society.

Compare your psychedelic virgin mind too being in a box all your life, all you know is whats in the box, but one day you find a key to the door out.
Will you be nervous and frighten of whats out there?
of course!
Are you slightly curious? im sure of it.
so its natural to have mixed feeling about taking a dive in this new world. But with plenty of knowledge and positive thinking you will feel ready, then finally its the day. You go out and your amazement overcomes any nervousness. Theirs a whole world much bigger than the one you use too know, out side this box is full of unthinkable thoughts colors ideas anything and everything you name it, This place lets you be yourself, nothing is there to make you feel as tho to act different from who you are, this place flows for eternity never ending and time hardly exist. You don't want to go to far just yet so you return to your box, It feels like you left forever but once your back you try to explain and tell people everything you saw, felt heard, thought, tasted, etc. , you try to explain everything you experienced to your fellow comm rads. But you have billions and billions of things to tell but half the things cant be explained in words, so you have to make a bunch of comparisons because these people only know of the box they been in all there life and nothing else. As it makes sense to yourself, you sound like a mad man to the rest of the world, after a while the people will become fed up, board, scared, or excited about your new stories thoughts and ideas. It would be like trying to explain a new color and remembering every grain of sand you've seen.
Theirs just no way you will remember, and no way they will ever understand, the only way is to bring thos ready for it with you, and the more often you visit this place the more you learn about it and understand it. You gain a deeper connection to thos who have gone with you as well.

remember you will always come back to your box, just with new memories and perspectives on life. Tripping doesn't change your life, the knowledge you bring back does.

be sure too prep your mind with good happy thoughts the first few days before you trip, have a happy mind set going into it.
psychedelics seem too increase emotions, so if your having a bad day your trip wont be a great experience, but if your having a good day it can be a incredibly happy trip. also have a nice setting somewhere you can feel safe, relaxed and at peace.
as long as your open minded and not very negative you should be fine.

Psychedelics are like teachers, they like good students, if you disrespect them they can make your life hell. but if your pay attention to them they can teach you new interesting things, even change your life drastically from one amazing piece of knowledge.

Its a beautiful experience that I hope everyone trys before there time is gone.

--------------------
"The reason is for us all"

OfflineAlexander1138
Stranger

Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: 2bakednate]
    #14396990 - 05/03/11 09:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

2bakednate said:
Once you have a significant enlightening experience you will understand, Its like being given a key too a secret society.

Compare your psychedelic virgin mind too being in a box all your life, all you know is whats in the box, but one day you find a key to the door out.

This is a very good description imo :thumbup:

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #14396996 - 05/03/11 09:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You first would do well to acknowledge how elusive the term "life changing experience" is. No one can tell you how your life can be changed because it is your life, your belief system that will be deconstructed.

I'll make no assumption of your age, but I've found that through the everyday process of maturing, my beliefs are constantly called into question and deconstructed in ways that parallel the psychedelic experience. With psychedelics, you're concentrating this experience into a day-long mental exercise. If you've spent time being introspective, you should have no problem navigating your mental landscape on an introductory dose.

Additionally, if you've grown so attached to your life in such a way that it could be severely threatened by a drastic change in judgment, then maybe it's time you do some soul searching--with or without the assistance of substances.

Prescription: 1.5-2g cubes, report back. Be safe. No sense in rushing.

OfflineSIA11
Stranger
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: Glayvin]
    #14397030 - 05/03/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

2bakednate, that is the best explanation I have heard, and really made me finally get what everyone meant by the mind changing part. That post really boosted my curiosity of leaving the box..Thank you

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #14397434 - 05/03/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SIA11 said:
The conversation and dinner with my dad was just an example to see if an emergency, or anything came up if it was possible to act normal.

Of course.  What I mean to say is that you can't count on being able to act sober, so you should be mindful about where you will be and what sort of things could come up.  That's why I said turn off your phone, be somewhere where you won't be disturbed, make sure you have nothing planned for that day, etc.

On the topic of psychedelics and change:  psychedelics don't change you; you change yourself.  People seem to think these drugs will crawl inside you and tug on wires, changing your personality, beliefs, and God knows what.  It doesn't work that way at all.  It's more of something that allows you to see the world without the preconception and bias we function under every day.  It shows you your world, and most of all, it shows you yourself;  it puts a mirror in front of you and says "This is you.  Don't worry about what others think of you.  This is you from your perspective.  Are you satisfied with who you are?"  It prompts people to change, and the choice is always yours.  In other words, you won't change in any ways you don't want to change.  You might discover things about yourself that you would like to change or improve, and that would be entirely voluntary;  the choice is yours.

Most of all, remember that it is just a drug, and that you will return to a sober state of mind.  Don't be afraid of that.  It's going to occur to you, most definitely, if you start to have a bad trip.  You have to remember that it's temporary, and all things you experience will pass.  Don't be afraid of a bad trip;  bad trips can be great introspective experiences.  If you fear a bad trip, it's going to be more likely.  Everything is in your power; it's all in your head.  You have the power to change a bad trip.

As for dosing, I took 1/8th in a state park with one other tripper and one sitter who was sober.  I had both the best and worst experiences of my life all in one.  I had problems with being unfamiliar with the area.  I was also cold, and probably chose poor people to trip with, especially since one of us backed out at the last second.  It differs with every person, but for me I wouldn't change that dose of 1/8th if I could.  I would recommend securing a good setting if you're going to jump in at that dose.

Be safe, don't be afraid, and have fun!  It's a spectacular experience, and you'll love it.  Nervousness and insecurity is normal.  Just remember: everything will be alright in the end.  Even if you have a bad trip (which doesn't always last the whole time), you're going to take something out of it, and you won't regret it, so don't worry about it.  Like I said, respect the substance, and it will treat you with respect.  Don't do anything stupid and don't be afraid.  Looking forward to hearing about your experience! :smile:

Invisiblep_walter
Lurker
 User Gallery

Loc: Irrelevant
Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: Glayvin]
    #14397641 - 05/03/11 11:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Edit: silly me, ignore that.

1.5-2g sounds like a reasonable place to start :thumbup:

Edited by p_walter (05/03/11 11:34 PM)

Offlinelovinlife88
Dr. White Thumb
 User Gallery

Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: p_walter]
    #14397746 - 05/03/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms are the only hallucinogen I have ever done. I only eat them when I KNOW the environment I'm in will be 100% relaxed and stress free. Not having this kind of environment is the only way I could see a bad trip coming on. The first time I ate them it was 2 grams, this is a very manageable amount (for me at least), but 1.5 more g's and I'm :trippnballs:

--------------------
"Buy the ticket take the ride"

Edited by lovinlife88 (05/03/11 11:59 PM)

Invisibleeveryman
The Rza-rector
Male

Re: Questions about hallucinogens. [Re: lovinlife88]
    #14397844 - 05/04/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Psychedelics can complicate your life fosho

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags