Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline245willow19

Re: indoor poppies [Re: sheepherder]
    #14418871 - 05/08/11 10:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i like knowing what am growing to. i generally grow about 300 or so each year and generally lose 1/6 from blight

me and my friends poppy stash

bag of opium

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England US Flag
Re: indoor poppies [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #14418922 - 05/08/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:
yea let us kno how the potency is of those. i think of floros not being strong wnough to muscle up a good %of alkaloids but i hope im wrong. there really hasnt been a lot of experimentation with indoor garnes, so its really cool to see one in action. whats the height of those plants man? ive always been an outdoor man, but ive always wanted to either start a few buckets indoors or have a little grow for the cold season indoors. if floros can do a decent job, then that would be a really cheap and easy way to have an extra garden for harvesting.

very cool man. excellent job:costanza:

I hope your wrong too man, lol
I've been keeping them on the dry side after petal drop, so hopefully they'll turn out OK. I went with indoor for a couple different reasons. One being that it was the middle of winter when i got the desire to give them a go, and the other being that where i live, I don't have the option of growing outdoors. Even if i could, I think a fall crop is out of the question because it goes from really hot right into winter too quickly around here.
The average height is around 2.5ft, with the largest 3ft.
One thing that i should mention is that i had a problem with black rot or die-back in the area where the buds form. I have seen pics of the same problem in other indoor poppy threads. Two other people had the same problem as i did. In one of them, the grower was convinced that it was nutrient burn that was causing it but I'm not so sure that, that's the case. I know for a fact that i did not over feed my poppies but sure as shit, i had that problem with almost all 9 of them. I'm thinking that it is directly related to growing indoors under Flouro's. The good news, is that the poppies know how to fix themselves and continue growing on past the problem, and actually send up multiple stems to compensate. It was frustrating at times to say the least, but i would do it again and I'm sure I'll dial things in eventually.

--------------------
[quote]How ignorant is a government who seeks to eradicate and demonize a harmless plant, as if there is something feloniously wrong with nature.[/quote].
The cannabis plant is a greater gift from nature than all of the plants on earth combined. It's uses and benefits are vast and many, and it exists, so obviously, for mankind to use for all it has to offer.[gradient:#C7D4C8,#][/gradient]

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

Re: indoor poppies [Re: 245willow19]
    #14418936 - 05/08/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Very nice. That's a serious stash.:shocked:

--------------------
[quote]How ignorant is a government who seeks to eradicate and demonize a harmless plant, as if there is something feloniously wrong with nature.[/quote].
The cannabis plant is a greater gift from nature than all of the plants on earth combined. It's uses and benefits are vast and many, and it exists, so obviously, for mankind to use for all it has to offer.[gradient:#C7D4C8,#][/gradient]

Offline245willow19

#14418976 - 05/08/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

couple of grams. i also mixed it with some Hash, made some nice Opiate Hash and still hadn't smoked it all yet. only for special nights.:getstoned:

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

#14419029 - 05/08/11 11:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Esekon Kelly said:
couple of grams. i also mixed it with some Hash, made some nice Opiate Hash and still hadn't smoked it all yet. only for special nights.:getstoned:

Sounds like a good combination. The best of both worlds. This will be my first experience with opium. I'm not going to bother milking them because I'll only end up with 20-25 pods when it's all said and done, and from what people are saying, tea would probably be my best option. I have been doing opiates for years but not so much lately, so my tolerance should be low enough.

--------------------

Offline245willow19

#14419079 - 05/08/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

indeed its a combo not to be forgotten, and i did afew Opium/poppy Pictorials. there on the link underneath this message, thats if you hav'nt seen them already.

good luck with the milking and yes tea would be great.
add some orange or lemon to your juice since poppy tea isn't the best of taste.

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

#14419827 - 05/08/11 02:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Esekon Kelly said:

good luck with the milking and yes tea would be great.
add some orange or lemon to your juice since poppy tea isn't the best of taste.

Actually I said that I'm not going to milk them because i don't believe 20-25 pods will produce anything worthwhile. At least that's what everyone is saying.  Do you think it would be worthwhile?

--------------------

Offline245willow19

#14420287 - 05/08/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

no 20-25 pods are not enough to make a worthwhile stash of opium, i would go with the crowd. make some badass poppy tea:headbang:

sorrry about that other comment, was sooooooooo stupid:huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

#14422438 - 05/08/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Esekon Kelly said:
no 20-25 pods are not enough to make a worthwhile stash of opium, i would go with the crowd. make some badass poppy tea:headbang:

sorrry about that other comment, was sooooooooo stupid:huxleyfacepalm:

It's all good man. Yeah, I figure that pods that are not bled should have a decent alkaloid content.:tongue2:

--------------------

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #14423137 - 05/09/11 04:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Wow nice stuff.  I always wanted to make opy hash :awesome:

The pods are still good for tea even after lancing  ;-)  I use coffee and sugar to mask the taste.  I can't even taste the pod in it if I only use 2 or 3 pods in a big cup with 2-3 spoonfuls of coffee and 5-6 sugar  :-)  I like a big strong coffee tho

The pods I grew were super potent persian whites and 2 - 3 was strong for someone with no tolerance like me.

Offline245willow19

Re: indoor poppies [Re: nice1]
    #14424067 - 05/09/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

#14424149 - 05/09/11 11:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Wow nice stuff.  I always wanted to make opy hash :awesome:

The pods are still good for tea even after lancing  ;-)  I use coffee and sugar to mask the taste.  I can't even taste the pod in it if I only use 2 or 3 pods in a big cup with 2-3 spoonfuls of coffee and 5-6 sugar  :-)  I like a big strong coffee tho

The pods I grew were super potent Persian whites and 2 - 3 was strong for someone with no tolerance like me.

Yep, That's what I'm hoping. I'm thinking that because I'm not going to milk them, that 2-3 pods will do the trick. I don't have much of a tolerance lately although i do 1-2mgs. of Bupe a day. I figure as long as i wait at least 12hrs after 1mg, the tea should break through just fine. Originally I thought i had a Gig. but it turns out that it's probably a Persian white. Over the last 4dys. or so the pods have been turning white instead of the blueish green dusting they get close to being ripe. I'm just speculating that because it makes sense. Is that what Persian's look like?

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

#14424182 - 05/09/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If your not going to score the pods, how long after they are ready to score should they be cut down to hang and dry?
I want to let them go as long as possible but i don't want to let them dry on the plant because i heard that the alkaloids can go back down to the roots. Is this true?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions it would be extremely helpful.

--------------------

Offlinesporesmores420
SillyPsybin
 User Gallery

#14425860 - 05/09/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Are poppy seeds legal in the US????

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14425864 - 05/09/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never heard that.

the professional pod farmers that farm for pharmecutical industry usually allow the pods to die and dry naturally in the field so I highly doubt that rumour you stated. 

I've personally dried my pods this way (letting them die and dry) and they were as strong as ever.

Offlinesporesmores420
SillyPsybin
 User Gallery

#14426541 - 05/09/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
I've never heard that.

the professional pod farmers that farm for pharmecutical industry usually allow the pods to die and dry naturally in the field so I highly doubt that rumour you stated. 

I've personally dried my pods this way (letting them die and dry) and they were as strong as ever.

Canadian goverment funded medical marijuana is the seediest dirtyest schwag ever, im just saying this cause just cause they grow legally for the government doesnt mean that they dont just want money.

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: indoor poppies [Re: sporesmores420]
    #14428141 - 05/10/11 03:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:confused:  They get more money for stronger pods.  Thats why they grew the strain with a very high alkaloid content.

They were being used for extraction of the codeine and morphine etc which is in high demand by our pharm industry and hospitals.

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14428251 - 05/10/11 04:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The pod is ready for harvest as soon as the crown on the pod is up turned.  As you are an indoor farmer you can harvest any time after that.

The reason pod farmers allow them to die and dry in the field is because its way easier to dry and harvest them that way.  If you have a lot of outdoor pods you don't want to cut down and hang up to dry every single pod :tongue:  they actually dry better and I found they were less likely to rot when sun dried in the field.

IMO there is no potency loss.  It doesn't go back to the roots.  If there is a loss then it is minimal - I know this because I've grown and dried & consumed them & tried both methods.

Offline245willow19

#14429402 - 05/10/11 11:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sheepherder said:
If your not going to score the pods, how long after they are ready to score should they be cut down to hang and dry?
I want to let them go as long as possible but i don't want to let them dry on the plant because i heard that the alkaloids can go back down to the roots. Is this true?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions it would be extremely helpful.

read my tutorial. its hard to say since i need pictures but basically you need to wait until the pod points down( it means the plant isn't producing anymore and is ready to harvest)

if your not scoring you can take the pods and the stems and bring it home to dry, afterwards you can blend it

--------------------

Offlinesheepherder
Botanist
Male User Gallery

Re: indoor poppies [Re: sporesmores420]
    #14429416 - 05/10/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, but as soon as you grow them it's a grey area that really just depends on intent. Officially though - all parts of P.Som. are illegal except the seeds. In the US anyway.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder