Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Colonizing in orange juice
    #1438820 - 04/08/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ummm, i heard some guy he put his shrooms in a box of OJ and left it for few month in fridge.

When he got it out and fed it to his mate, it totally blew his roof off, he put in the 20g but his mate say it was more potent than anything he ever tried.

I was thinking i have some shroom cakes on pure rice colonizing at the mo, i could take bits and shove it in fresh orange juice ummmm :smile:

And to speed things up i will keep it at 'bout ... say 15 - 20 degrees.

In a month i will have the drink of Gods!  :cool:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: cleaner]
    #1438825 - 04/08/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

More likly youll have a glass of off rooten orange juice and shit through the eye of a needle, but let us know if it goes any different :-)

--------------------

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: Paid]
    #1438838 - 04/08/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have to agree with you Paid, OJ will go bad after a month or so and there's nothing worse than bad orange juice! :tongue:  My dog would just eat the shrooms and drink the orange juice while it's fresh!  :wink:  But what the hell does my dog know?

Peace,
-TekNut-

Edited by TekNut (04/08/03 10:04 AM)

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: TekNut]
    #1439328 - 04/08/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The other day I found a month old coke bottle with OJ in it. When i went to open it to pour it out, the thing just about blew my hand off with the rapid pressure release (anaerobic fermentation).

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: no-tone]
    #1439391 - 04/08/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps i should keep it in the fridge ...

That way i suppose it will take about 3 month

Anyway, here is that OJ story i was talking about
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=1429279&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Hawaiian%2020&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=1429110&Search=true#Post1429279

--------------------

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1439407 - 04/08/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A month even in the fridge would cause baddies to grow.

Have you ever tasted 2 week old oj thats been in the fridge?

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1439566 - 04/08/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Let me quote, rather from the original post.

"I blended up about 20 g of fresh shrooms in OJ" , " 3 months later I found the juice when I was cleaning out my fridge. The bottle was all concaved, like all the air that was in it was sucked out. It had a greenish tint to it... "
Summary: 20 grams of wet Hawaiians were blended into Orange Juice, and let to sit for three months in a fridge. With no sterile precautions, I'm sure this concoction would have contaminated, this adheres to the observed pressure change and the greenish tint. Mushrooms have difficulty colonising in low temperatures, and even with blending (creating thousands of innocultion points) I don't believe it would colonize to any noticeable degree. However; Blue and Yellow do mix to make green, so Blue and Orange would be Green with a slightly Red shift.

"I pured the mixture out into a cup and there were a lot of milkly, stringy white blobs in there."
Summary: There appeared to be a liquid culture.

Edited by TheShroomHermit (04/08/03 01:56 PM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1439575 - 04/08/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

" I wasn't to sure if it was contaminated or not. I assumed it was safe, but just didn't want to risk it." , "a friend called me to see if he could get some shrooms" , "I informed hiim that I did have some shroom juice" , "He quickly drove to my house and picked up the juice"
Summary: In a very irresponsible act, he gave his freind "shroom juice" which he wasn't sure was or was not contaminated.

"I got ahold of him and asked him if everything was ok and if the juice was good." , "He laughed a little and told me that I should check my scale because he got higher then he had been in his entire life. Said he broke the limits of a level 5 trip" , "only after 10 minutes after consumption he felt dramatic affects of the shrooms"

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#1439579 - 04/08/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Summary: Drinking the juice, he felt a come-up in a short period of time, which is consistent with the active ingredients leaching out into an acidic solution (same as making a mushroom tea, come-on is faster and you get initially higher up then you would have if you just ate the mushrooms.) Also, he claims to pass a level 5. This is impossible becuase at a level 5 you get ego loss ("After an hour he said he had total loss of reality, he didn't know where he was, who he was or what in the hell was going on.") But if you surpased a level 5 in a trip, you would be unaware of it by sheer principle, as your experience ego loss. ("he said he couldn't go into detail because he couldn't remember any.")

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#1439581 - 04/08/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It should also be noted that mycelia does not contain significant active ingredients; that is, untill it has given off a flush. Unless the mycelia somehow pinned invitro, gave off a flush that fell back into the solution, which I highly doubt, I must come to one conclusion: The extra time in the orange juice sufficiently leached the active ingredients in the mushrooms out into the solution. This created a bridge which had the effect of a mushroom tea. It appeared to be more of a dose than it actually was. Also, it can be proposed that during the trip, the spoiled orange juice could have made him ill, and this could have increased his general wozy and confused state which would have been detrimental while already tripping.

Sorry for the quadrupial post, the text was so long that it kept timing out being in one reply.

Edited by TheShroomHermit (04/08/03 02:01 PM)

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1439793 - 04/08/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks TheShroomHermit!

Sound explanation. I will use tropicana fresh OJ just to run one expiriment, i'll see what happens.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1441553 - 04/09/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Have a read on this thread about grapefruit juice its quite good and has a few details that could help explane the oj situatuion.
Good luck on the experiments :-)

--------------------

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1442068 - 04/09/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It should also be noted that mycelia does not contain significant active ingredients; 

Wait just a minute!!

In mushroom cultivation faqs i read that if you use rice as your substrate you can eat it once it colonized/finished fruiting!

And the guy said one rice cake enough for "2 trips".

But anyway, whats the deal with grapefruit juice, they say it's no good for shrooms :frown:

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1443617 - 04/09/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

grapefruit juice

like paid said - all you wanna know and more about this icky stuff.

--------------------
buh

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#1444029 - 04/09/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>In mushroom cultivation faqs i read that if you use rice as your substrate you can eat it once it colonized/finished fruiting!

The problem arises when people try "eating" the cakes right out of the jars. This just doesn't work. Spent cakes, the cakes that have given off many flushes and are just about exhausted, are the ones that have the active ingredients (or so they say) The mycelia in question (if thats even what it was) didn't give off a flush.

On a side note, grape fruit juice doesn't potentiate psilocybin or psilocin, but it does list the drugs that it does. Besides, we are discussing orange juice, not grape fruit juice. We are comparing apples to oranges here (or rather grapefruits to oranges)

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1444498 - 04/09/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i'm surprised this has been in the advanced forum this long :smile:

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: the spiral]
    #1444624 - 04/09/03 09:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Who knows, lets see where it goes. At least it's not someone asking how to prepare dung, or what about their jars =p

or... how to make liquid mycellium slurrys ;(

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: Raadt]
    #1444711 - 04/09/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Who knows, lets see where it goes. At least it's not someone asking how to prepare dung, or what about their jars =p

or... how to make liquid mycellium slurrys ;( 

stay out of my head...

reading my mind and shit.. I just never had balls enuff to post it :laugh:

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1444746 - 04/09/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Why not lemon juice i imagine its more acidic than orange juice. I mean we are doing some kind of basic solvent extraction here right? Just happen to be using something tahts tasty , well lemon juice aint exactly tasty but you get the point

OfflineAnAshA
Lil' HippieShroomite
Re: Colonizing in orange juice [Re: CultyVader]
    #1821535 - 08/16/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I grew some BRF cakes and one of my friends ate a 1" square cube of non-flushed cake before i cased... he tripped as if eating about 2 dry grams of shrooms... then again the mushrooms that grew off of the other cakes were about 3x or 4x the potency of any other shroom I have ever had (they were GTs)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom