Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineicunningham
Stranger
best time to pick shrooms?
    #14384315 - 05/01/11 08:58 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

I have a question,
I didnt come up with a very original title, but I dont think I'll be asking a question thats already been answered.

I've read that mushrooms grow by absorbing water and even at an early stage have the desired potency. Most people pick just as the veil begins to tear, allowing the shroom to develope past that stage isnt necissary and drains nutrients from the cake(assuming we're using a cake).
my theory: pick young shrooms even earlier, in order to conserve the cakes nutrients and allow for more flushes. as far as I know a 1 gram shroom has less active material than a a few shrooms adding up to 1 gram.

Dont listen to me if you dont know what your doing, Im asking a question, not trying to answer one. If anybody who knows what there talking about sees any problems with my theory or thinks its worth trying please let me know!
PS I have no experience with cultivation, I've read a ton, but have only grown a total of like 10 shrooms.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Nigeria
Re: best time to pick shrooms? [Re: icunningham]
    #14384337 - 05/01/11 09:03 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

the best time to pick them is after the grow a bunch

--------------------

Offlineicunningham
Stranger
Re: best time to pick shrooms? [Re: argg]
    #14391510 - 05/02/11 11:39 PM (10 years, 10 days ago)

lol that wasnt very helpfull!!

OfflineShroomahaman
Learning
 User Gallery

#15507580 - 12/12/11 11:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for the necropost!

I picked an Amazonian about the length and width of my pinkey finger and had it fresh. Definitely an awesome body high! I can't say if this was stronger then a matured (open veiled) or not but another one and I'd probably be in flight! I was quite impressed with the little guy :mushroom2:

You're not only a mycologist but you are also a scientist! Ask yourself questions and experiment, experiment, experiment! Eat the smallest one you can find, record the size and the experience. Then find one double that size and repeat. Do that up until they mature and you will have found the most potent size :cool:

--------------------
All natural

OfflineGarbageDay
Garbage Man
Male

Loc: Canada
    #15509693 - 12/13/11 12:19 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I am not sure how much nutrients you would actually be saving, and if you stretch the substrate out too long there could be more chance of contamination. Plus you miss out on watching them grow a bit more, which is half the fun :grin:

OfflineIntrepid4576
Stranger
Re: best time to pick shrooms? [Re: GarbageDay]
    #15558333 - 12/22/11 09:13 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GarbageDay said:
I am not sure how much nutrients you would actually be saving, and if you stretch the substrate out too long there could be more chance of contamination. Plus you miss out on watching them grow a bit more, which is half the fun :grin:

what your saying is all good and such but - what have you or anyone else found to be the best stage of growth to pick them at?

Offlinedevoured
buddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY
Re: best time to pick shrooms? [Re: Intrepid4576]
    #15558616 - 12/22/11 09:47 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I believe it has to do with the alkaloid content. Each mushroom has a specific content of the active properties. The larger it get the more "diluted" it gets. i guess could be the best word for it. Some say aborts have the highest alkaloid content. But this is due to its small size. The conted would decrease by gram as it got larger. DO not quote me on this. I cant find the thread i read it in.

--------------------
One pound of flesh! No more, No Less.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery Polls