Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Pets
    #1427078 - 04/03/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think pets are the best trip toys... dogs, cats, fish, lizards... I could trip off them for hours.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Re: Pets [Re: Zahid]
    #1427116 - 04/03/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I love playing with my dogs when im tripping..and at my friends I love playing with her cat..so fun..they are so innocent..so beutiful...

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1427123 - 04/03/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I for one love getting stoned with my pets.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Pets [Re: Sombie]
    #1427317 - 04/03/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My cat always looks so wise...or "damn, those freaks are being freaky again."

But she lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves it when rolling --- *rub the kitty*

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1429101 - 04/04/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My cat wasn't friendly with me until I took mushrooms and played with her. She was very curious about my obviously altered state. Now she likes me.

My dog just gave me dissaproving looks. I got a bit paranoid about that.

--------------------

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Loc: Suburbia
Re: Pets [Re: Revelation]
    #1429236 - 04/04/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In all seriousness, im a manly cat lover. I love my two little fur balls. But Honest to GOD, if im grillin at night, SHE WONT LEAVE ME ALONE! Always purring and tryin to rub up against me and interact with me.

Everytime I trip around her, I always observed her "unnusuall" behavior. I would like to believe that it is some level of curiousity by the cat to find out what exactly is up with me. This accusation is hard to lay down in concrete as Im well....."grilling" when i make this observation, and perhaps the overly playful and curious cat is nothing more than another twist in my trips?

Never the less, dogs and cats will ******EASILY****** replace people if your up late grilling.

Up at 3 in the morning, watching your walls bend? Really lonely? go into the living room, snatch the lively cat (norturnal mammal) and take her to your room. She will keep you entertained.

=)

good thread btw.

--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23682 - Level 4

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Pets [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1431204 - 04/05/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I love to watch my cats while trippin. It seems like they always know that something is up.
For some reason when my husband and I used to take acid together our cat would make him freak out. He would go into orbit and start looking for her saying that she was an alien that was watching him. If she was in the room he would start takling crazy. This happened a few times and it was never a pleasant experience. I can usually handle people wiggin but it was very difficult to see it happen to him so we don't take acid anymore. Has anyone else ever experienced someone wiggin out on their cat or have any idea why this would occur?

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Re: Pets [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1431735 - 04/05/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have had a similar experince with FOaf i think in that case it was a deep rooted fear of cats instilled by his mother when he was very young...usually parents decide the animals the child should be friendly with at an early age and transfer their fears albeit subconciously to their kids...i just dealt it by making my him stay over at my place for two weeks and feed my cats  so they would always follow him around...all day... :smile: 

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Pets [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1432047 - 04/05/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats the weird thing, when we met I was a dog person and he was a cat one. So since we were in an apartment we got a cat. So as far as I know he is not normally afraid of them, only when under the influence of cid. It's very strange to both of us. He is a very paranoid person by nature though. If someone strange is around while hes trippin it can cause him to wig out, but only on cid. Oh and when I say wig its pretty disturbing for me to watch, its as if a totally different person walked into his body.

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Pets [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1434882 - 04/06/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea.. I think the dissaproving look from dogs is this "what the fuck is going on?" look. I think that dogs place a lot of importance on body language and habituate themselves to the way people around them behave a lot more than cats, and so when you're tripping out with your dog at times your behaviour can be like pulling a rug out from underneath him.. a dog's personality leans against yours and then when you move strangely they're a little lost and confused. I've experienced this with my dog and then I look at him, notice this and then laugh my ass off at him and he gets more confused.

I realized for the first time on mushrooms that my dog had aged quite a bit.. he's already 8 years old. Seems fast. I love pets. Kittens are infinitely entertaining without drugs.. with them it's quite a show. A friend has two kittens and we would just sit around smoking pot watching them all day..

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
Re: Pets [Re: Dogomush]
    #1435234 - 04/07/03 02:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i love my ferret fucking ball to play with.

all hoping along and attacking my feet and steeling my food and then coming up with a cute little face with remorce trying to get you to scratch his back lol so funny i love em :smile:

OfflineLightBright
conspiring
Re: Pets [Re: Told]
    #1435656 - 04/07/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My dog acts really goofy if I'm stoned. Often I'll be sitting reading a magazine or watching a movie, and she'll sneak up on the couch (it's kind of hard for her to sneak, she is a golden retriever) and come behing me and lick me or try to grab my nose. It's really strange.

--------------------
"This hooch, it burns my soul."

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Pets [Re: LightBright]
    #1437341 - 04/07/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have a cat but I never get to see him when I'm on shrooms. He's the weirdest cat ever though he's like always outside and when he comes in it's only to eat.

I think if I was petting him on shrooms he would be awesome because he's so soft. I will try it next time.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pets [Re: Billowz]
    #1437577 - 04/07/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One of those first shroom visuals I saw involved my dog, sort of. You know that way in which you notice patterns when you trip on shrooms? I remember looking at my dog on mushies for like my first or second time, and noticing this weird texture of fure on him that I'd never noticed before. It was hellacool. Also noticed this same pattern on the carpet. Its hard to describe, but I'm sure most of you trippers know what I mean. Sort of like the carpet has the patterning of a brain - kind of curly and wavy. Also like a honey comb in a weird way.

good topic. Anyone ever hung out with a non dog/cat while tripping? Any stories?

InvisibleAltec79
Stranger
Re: Pets [Re: jarby]
    #1437690 - 04/07/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Dogs are smarter than cats, they know whats goin on =p

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pets [Re: Altec79]
    #1437725 - 04/07/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

duh

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1438417 - 04/08/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My last trip around my house, the cat would not leave me alone. He doesn't normally follow me much. He also doesn't tend to sit on/with people much, but when I was outside lying on the deck chair, he came along and joined in and we both lay on the deck chair for a few hours. For a moment, I wigged out and went inside and watched Tool vids to sort of take my mind off things and the cat followed me inside and sat on me as I watched the music videos. They make great trip companions because they don't talk. Anything that needs to be communicated is done telepathically or by body language and feeling the cat purring away is so weird when you're tripping. They're also good if you're feeling a bit edgy or freaking out a bit - just something about the cat always makes me smile and feel better.

Edited by Sheepish (04/08/03 05:10 AM)

OfflinePsillyFishy
fella trippa'

Loc: I went back to OHIO, but ...
Re: Pets [Re: Sheepish]
    #1441546 - 04/09/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The dogs I have know when I am messed up. They avoid me like a banshee.

But, I did have a dog not too long ago that wasn't this way. He was and old pekinese and he had cataracts. While on lsd I looked into his eyes, which reached the other side of the universe, and I could see his soul. He could see mine. It was like for the first time ever I understood him. I can't even muster the proper words to describe the feeling of unity with this dog that I felt that day. -I had adopted the dog and didn't know him in his previous life- I could see it then though. From that day forward he never left my side wheras before he wouldn't even look at me. Everytime I tripped he was sure to hop into my lap (he only got up there when I was trippin I suspect because he had arthritis) and make sure that I stared deep into his eyes. He wouldn't get up until I did....

From what I understand, dogs do not like to be stared at because it shows aggressivness...and he never let me look at him like that sober. I tried.

This was the largest epiphany I ever had tripping. It was amazing.

--------------------
psychadelic phishing in the rye grain fields...

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Pets [Re: PsillyFishy]
    #1442110 - 04/09/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It's a funny thing, really. This ability to understand one's pet while tripping, and have the pet understand you. I love my cat while tripping. She makes me feel so good, and she knows what is going on. It is as if the boundaries are temporarily out of the way, our humanness is out of the way, and we function as animals...
I recall my second acid trip or so... I'm not much a fan of the stuff any more, prefer the naturals... But I was out at my pool with some friends, and my dog, a hulking beast of a choc. lab, was suffering from arthritis up on the deck. I was terrified that he would never recover from this bout of immoblity. But an interesting thing happened amongst the severe vibrations that buzzed all around us; the pooch came bounding out to greet me, literally jumping with joy. He rarely barks, he's a good guy... but he felt compelled to express his joy to me, and issued a few muffled woofs of ecstacy. I gave him a big hug and tried to explain to my friends, but the only thing I was capable of mustering was "He's talking to me!" Everyone laughed, of course, and made fun of me for a while to come... But I never forgot, and my pooch never did either. His arthritis never bothered him to that extent again, and we shared a special bond from there on out...

Offlinemushieangel
im his imaginaryfriend. no onecan see me buthim

Loc: somewhere fun, i hope
Re: Pets [Re: Alobar]
    #1446293 - 04/10/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ive never seen my pets when im tripping, but i let one of my dogs in my room when i smoke sometimes. she acts all disgusted then runs around like a freak for a little bit, then she leaves and avoids me for awhile. i dont mind so much, but if i dont let her in she sits at my door and barks and causes a scene, so i dont know what the hell she wants.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale